Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

taara113 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

iyer style is bharata natyam 😆😆no we so dont want that and no iyer guys honestly the ones i have seen totally suck in dancing 🤣
i would like a formal couples dance on a old /new hindi song along the lines of hum tere bin ab reha nahi sakte..with lifts

So are there Sangeet functions in Iyer weddings???
Are they like the north india types, full on bollywood or its different ???
Tell me thoda sa, details we might get in an update
arshi21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I sooo wanted them to have this kind os convi. Glad they did. Hope they continue. They both are slowly slowky trusting trustinf each other. Such a good feeling. 
I hope raman also confides a little. Loved this part
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Raabta - Agent Vinod
Aaj Phir tumpe pyaar aaya hai - I want this in their love making cum manaofying  wherever they are after they marry...Nisha, DONT KILL ME FOR THE LYRICS ðŸ¤£
Abhi abhi - Jism 2 Also during LM session 
Be intehaan - Race 2 - LM again ðŸ¤£
Bheegi si - Rajneeti
Joganiya - Tevar (Solo by II ðŸ˜³)
maine Khud ko - Ragini MMS 2 
saibo - Shor in the city
Tose naina lage - mIckey Virus 

Ashu25 thumbnail
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

One more snow day here and 2 kids + 3 other kids in and out in and out ...koi mujhe bachaooo.

U and your snow ðŸ¤£s..
Tum na khud ko band karlo ek kamre mein and chat with us ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
Ashu25 thumbnail
Taara, talking of orthodox Iyer weddings there are no such rituals as sangeet n mehendi...But due to modernization of India today every culture is incorporating these two mentioned functions along with their own rituals usually followed..atleast this is what I have observed here..
Wings-of-Fire thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
II's story reminded me a lot of my story! I was the kid who went to the school her father taught in! The things other teachers expect from you is unbelievable when you're the kid of a colleague! When I changed my school, I used to get late, I had coaching and they'd end late and there would be heavy traffic jam and I'd end up getting down from the rickshaw and running! I became an expert of slipping through, jumping over vehicles stuck in a jam! I'd be late almost every day. The gates would be closed and the watchman and caretakers would open it and let me slip through! 😃 They loved me a lot! And they bent loads of rules for me! It was the same in college! I had to cross a long bridge to reach my college. One day I was as usual running and my feet slipped and I fell down 8-9 stairs. I was so late that I didn't care and got up and started running again. By the time I reached home, my legs were all blue and I was limping!  No college for next three days! 😭
Edited by Wings-of-Fire - 9 years ago
taara113 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ashu9

Raabta - Agent Vinod

Aaj Phir tumpe pyaar aaya hai - I want this in their love making cum manaofying  wherever they are after they marry...Nisha, DONT KILL ME FOR THE LYRICS ðŸ¤£
Abhi abhi - Jism 2 Also during LM session 
Be intehaan - Race 2 - LM again ðŸ¤£
Bheegi si - Rajneeti
Joganiya - Tevar (Solo by II ðŸ˜³)
maine Khud ko - Ragini MMS 2 
saibo - Shor in the city
Tose naina lage - mIckey Virus 

@bold i love all these songs...
New romantic i was also thinking Rabta

Old i was thinking the fol fr these 2 lines
Do lafzon ki hai dil ki kahani
Ya hai mohabbat ya hai jawani
It has alot of music  so a waltz type wld b nice
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: taara113

So are there Sangeet functions in Iyer weddings???
Are they like the north india types, full on bollywood or its different ???
Tell me thoda sa, details we might get in an update

no we dont have an explicit sangeet nowadays even in iyer weddings  everyone does  sangeet and mehendi, thats become common but in traditional iyer weddings we dont have that . its very traditional with the groom and bride sitting in front of the havan for atleast 6-7 hours in total and lot of chanting of mantra,its magical in its own way 😳
we do have this function called nalangu  post wedding for the girl and the groom its cute and fun and folks sing then, there is a lot more singing and no dancing .. the thing that i totally love about punjabi weddings !
Edited by TanjoreGirl - 9 years ago
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anu, nalungu is pre wedding ille?? I mean one day before they are made kalyanam ponnu/ kalyanma payyan 
Ashu25 thumbnail
Taara, m not well versed with the old hindi songs ya..I listen to them when on TV or radio bas...I dont explicitly download them for daily listening