Software Symph 7 "Not too long" 147 - Page 125

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 6 years ago
Originally posted by swathi1990

Nish I am very happy that u brought appa in this chapter...I missed him..But I donno why all appa's are like this... They can never see the good things in other caste guys !!!! It will be always Iyer boys only !! Bala can drink...Other iyer boys can eat meat...He will send II to bay area but not paris...I am sure even if R&B was in US, the reaction would be same... Now he being handsome is also an issue...even his daughter is pretty...does that mean she is evil ? People in our father's generation are narrowminded...you could argue ranjan's scandal and R&B's affairs...But I bet that eve if those were not there Appa cannot accept a non-iyer..He will definitely find some other flaws.

Very well put Swathi

You know WHAT it is?

Its a kind of envy, no its not creepy or incestuous but its a kind of " He has turned my smart intelligent successful daughter into a putty in his hands" 
By nature Bala is cheerful, engaging, talktaive warm and affectionate

R&B is quiet brooding, thoughtful and introverted

As a husband/son/father Bala is caring affectionate and loving towards his parents Shravu and Vandita, his masculinity and his obvious sex appeal were never a play in why Vandita constantly thinks about him. Even though he must be all that for Vandita "privately" all Appa sees is a caring son and a loving father and a compassionate husband

In R&B Appa sees a predator, and it bothers him that II WANTS that.Blushing There is a explicit sexuality in II and R&B's interactions that is visible to Appa AND to Amma... Amma takes it as "He loves my daughtera lot" when she sees love bites on her neck

Appa sees it as "HOW DARE R&B EVEN HAVE unsavory/ wicked thoughts about MY daughter?"
I wont allow it...

Sex is a BIG part of R&B and II 's romance, even if it is part of Bala and Vandu's its not visible to Appa so he is OK. Appa is able to see the lust in R&B's eyes since he is a very astute father. If he hadnt proposed marriage and if Appa and II were riding a bus and Appa had seen it in R&B's eyes... he would have slapped some harassment case and have him locked away

In this case the guy, wooed, pursued and claimed his daughter, all under his noseClapClap

If Bala was like this he would only be proud , just like you saidCryCry

Edited by Nisha0604 - 6 years ago
Originally posted by taramira

A yet another beautiful update. Even as I write this, my heart is going thump thump with the onslaught of emotions that I feel. You have brought out II's predicament with such finesse that it simply tugs at your heartstrings. Have been a literature student and have read quite a bit, but the simplicity with which you are spinning the tale, the way it is simply flowing without having to use unnecessary flowery language is what makes SOSY so special. II's predicament, she almost feeling as if she has betrayed herself  and her own  by choosing someone like R&B but unable to do anything about it and you bringing out  those emotions, exploring the psyche of a middle class principled girl who has been possessed by the devil is carving a niche is everyone's hearts...thanks Nisha After so many years living away from parents in a foreign land, away from the smells and sounds of Delhi, even though I am surrounded by desis...I am actually feeling and living my Delhi dream again. THANKS.

Thanks so very much Tara. I am happy I am bringing back memories of home and hearth, in writing this I am getting to relive memories of home as well

So thanks very much for the opportunity to write, and all the appreciationBig smile
Ranjans - that your Mom would be very proud to hear you talk like that

which mom is he referring to Savitha?

and R&B loved parathas too right?now before i leave i am thinking what is II going to eat in Mulcha marg.. a cook for her Big smile, i think amma is going to be packing dabbas for a while LOL

i cant dream my life without rasam,vathakoyambu :-)
Edited by TanjoreGirl - 6 years ago
Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

Yes I think he is talking about Savitha. Since ve wants her to call him Dad so Savitha is her Mom. If he was talking about her mother he would have said "your Amma".
Edited by adlin1784 - 6 years ago
Originally posted by adlin1784

Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

Yes I think he is talking about Savitha. Since ve wants her to call him Dad so Savitha is her Mom. If he was talking about her mother he would have said "your Amma".

ah got it... thanks... gosh what a gem of a man more than R&B I feel II is lucky to get him as FIL Embarrassed

Nish I am very happy that u brought appa in this chapter...I missed him..But I donno why all appa's are like this... They can never see the good things in other caste guys !!!! It will be always Iyer boys only !! Bala can drink...Other iyer boys can eat meat...He will send II to bay area but not paris...I am sure even if R&B was in US, the reaction would be same... Now he being handsome is also an issue...even his daughter is pretty...does that mean she is evil ? People in our father's generation are narrowminded...you could argue ranjan's scandal and R&B's affairs...But I bet that eve if those were not there Appa cannot accept a non-iyer..He will definitely find some other flaws.

But why should he accept a non-iyer, it's important to him and im sure his girl always knew and all her life she never had an issue with it...she had always dreamt of an iyer wedding with an iyer boy and thats the impression she gave to her parents...
We can't just give such shocks to parents and ask them to accept...I always feel II is not trying hard enough...She needs to convince her dad that RB is good for her...Appa does not need to love him but he should not be marrying of his little girl to guy he believes is manipulative evil and does not love II, its unfair on him...

Its likes parent's go to their kids and say we are getting divorced bcz we are out of love, be openminded enough to accept this and our new partners...the parents are not wrong in wanting to live their lives but i bet it wld take years for the kids to give up on their narrowmindedness (if thats a word Wink) and accept this...

Unknown territory is always scary, a parent wld always want to enter first inspect and then let their child in...They can't do it all their lives but they don't give up easy...and when things like marriages are involved i dont even they shld, bcz if any wrong happens we wld all go back (or wld want to) crying to our parents saying y dint u gaurd us...

Im Team Appa totally...He has all the right to be angry...

P.s. the pretty evil was indeed funny...specially when Amma said she looks prettier in light...LOL
Edited by taara113 - 6 years ago
Originally posted by taara113

But why should he accept a non-iyer, it's important to him and im sure his girl always knew and all her life she never had an issue with it...she had always dreamt of an iyer wedding with an iyer boy and thats the impression she gave to her parents...
We can't just give such shocks to parents and ask them to accept...I always feel II is not trying hard enough...She needs to convince her dad that RB is good for her...Appa does not need to love him but he should not be marrying of his little girl to guy he believes is manipulative evil and does not love II, its unfair on him...

Its likes parent's go to their kids and say we are getting divorced bcz we are out of love, be openminded enough to accept this and our new partners...the parents are not wrong in wanting to live their lives but i bet it wld take years for the kids to give up on their narrowmindedness (if thats a word Wink) and accept this...

Unknown territory is always scary, a parent wld always want to enter first inspect and then let their child in...They can't do it all their lives but they don't give up easy...and when things like marriages are involved i dont even they shld, bcz if any wrong happens we wld all go back (or wld want to) crying to our parents saying y dint u gaurd us...

Im Team Appa totally...He has all the right to be angry 

me also team appa rather i get him and the looming scandal ..no middle class dad would be comfortable.. in SoSy everyone is true to there characters if II knew for sure only then she can convince appa right she is right now in a land she herself doesnt know - thats why the insecurities etc
chalo finally leaving now .. now pray the snow doesnt melt LOLLOLLOLLOL
Originally posted by Seriousreader

Came back home ...went through two lovely updates Smile
Nisha...suddenly a question popped up in my mind as to why Ranjan speaks of his wife in present tense ...as if she's around...why is that??

I think that in his loneliness he is clunging to his support and strengh that his wife has been. You know like in denial. Maybe if he talks about her in past tense that would mean that he is really alone. So he stays with his memories that is all he has now and they are so vivid and alive. Maybe because he doesn't remeber what happened that night wich changed and destryed his life he somehow refuse to accept the biggest consequence of it : his wife's death.

That is what I think what I feel. Sorry to intervene. Nisha will surely explain better as it is her story. And she can contradict my thoughts anytime (like that we'll get a full answer).
Edited by adlin1784 - 6 years ago