Posted: 9 years ago

Celebrate Shivaratri 2015 on 17th February, Tuesday

Shivaratri is celebrated on the 6th night of the dark Phalgun (Feb or March) every year. On the auspicious day, devotees observe fast and keep vigil all night. Mahashivaratri marks the night when Lord Shiva performed the Tandava. It is also believed that on this day Lord Shiva was married to Parvati Ma. On this day Shiva devotees observe fast and offer fruits, flowers and bel leaves on Shiva Linga.

According to the Shiva Purana, the Mahashivaratri worship must incorporate six items:

• Bathing the Shiva Linga with water, milk and honey. Woodapple or bel leaves are added to, which represents purification of the soul;
  • Vermilion paste is applied to the Shiva Linga after bathing it. This represents virtue;
  • Offering of fruits, which is conducive to longevity and gratification of desires;
  • Burning incense, yielding wealth;
  • The lighting of the lamp which is conducive to the attainment of knowledge;
  • And betel leaves marking satisfaction with worldly pleasures.
Edited by multimediaa - 9 years ago
As we all know that Rangrasiya always had this
Shiv,Pravathi connection between
Rudra and Paro
Hence posting the Om Shivoham Sequence of RR

PS:Thanks JJ for the ideaπŸ˜‰
Edited by multimediaa - 9 years ago
Thanks Mano for making the edit for the song alone.
The song itself is a favorite of mine. Very addictive song
And the scenes. What can I say ?
Majestic Courageous Rudra. Beautiful Paro.
Their eye locks which say more than their words.
The villain who is the best one I have seen in Hindi serials and movies.
Mohini who is as good as the second villain can be
Aman the simple loyal best friend.
Such great direction
RR had all the best people
And this song captures the essence of RR

Made me fall in love with RR all over again.
Thanks again Mano.

Happy Shivratri to all who celebrate.
Edited by JJKKL - 9 years ago
Awesome ! Awesome creation Mano. Thanks to JJ for the idea and to you for putting it into place.

I loved this sequence in RR. Rudra-Paro in all their finery... the King and his Queen worshipping the LORD Almighty Shiva.

The song chosen here was the most apt one because it weaves a very powerful aura around Rudra who was all armed and prepared to protect Paro come what may!!

Just see how gorgeous Sanish look as Parud here. Their expressions and body language is to die for. The big aarti thaal and the way he is moving it with Paro holding on to him is a pure visual treat.
and their expressions... What was Paro thinking while looking at Rudra and what was he thinking when he glanced in her direction ??? Kya soch rahe hain ye dono !!!!!!!!!! 

Happy Shivratri to all of you who celebrate this festival. 😊
Edited by aaliah3108 - 9 years ago

Brilliant as always...great idea girls.. .. .  This was a gripping and well executed segment.  Memorable always...not sure if  the festival  of Maha shivrathiri  was depicted/connected in any other TV show like it was in RR, i have not watched it if it was.  So for me these two will always connect...
Loved it Mano. RR was the first thing that came to my mind this shivrathri. 
Oh!! How it was last year this time. I simply loved the shivrathri sequence in RR and how it was the focal point of the story then. We were all speculating on what Paro would do. Run away to thakur or stick with rudra? So much suspense and anticipation!, so much build up!! Buy we were not disappointed wre we? It was beyond perfect. The song is my favourite and it was the most apt one to be used.  Sanish as rudra beynd words. And oh my god !!! The statue of shiva was simply marvelous and spellbinding.
I had goosebumps when I was watching that scene on tv. Hats off to RR creatives. They might have done many dumb things but when they did good they were awesome most of the time.

Happy shivrathri girls.

A wonderful post Mano and thanks JJ for the idea.

Brought back wonderful memories. Both looked like a majestic couple made for each other. Such a high adrenaline scene it was. And the aarti of Lord Shiva. The execution of scene was so good with the entire cast.
Still remember Rudra giving his hand and asking her to trust him. For him she was no more a witness. She was his everything. And then when the bullet whizzes past Rudra, her asking him Tum theek ho and the look Rudra gave her. Just awesome.

Thanks again Mano.

Edited by psagars - 9 years ago
Originally posted by JJKKL

Thanks Mano for making the edit for the song alone.
The song itself is a favorite of mine. Very addictive song
And the scenes. What can I say ?
Majestic Courageous Rudra. Beautiful Paro.
Their eye locks which say more than their words.
The villain who is the best one I have seen in Hindi serials and movies.
Mohini who is as good as the second villain can be
Aman the simple loyal best friend.
Such great direction
RR had all the best people
And this song captures the essence of RR

Made me fall in love with RR all over again.
Thanks again Mano.

Happy Shivratri to all who celebrate.

Agree wholeheartedly jackal. RR had one of the best casts in recent times I think. We adored Parud but couldn't resist loving the villains too na?  Thakur with his turban and majestic mustache  ,mohini and her memorable one liners and Sumer with his whacky dress sense  were all simply marvelous. aman sigh!! I had such hopes for him but still loved what we got of him. Maithli and her love for all.
Everyone of them were such lovable characters. 
RR was blessed like that. Altough it could have been even more awesome if they were used to their potential like originally planned. 
Anyway bygones. 
Missing it terribly jackal.😭
Mano, enna oru arumaiyaana post...Nandri...this song has always been one of my favorites and when used in RR it became unforgettable.πŸ˜ƒ

The song in itself is such that u cannot be unmoved while listening to it...when u add PaRud to the mix..it becomes sublime...

Vijay prakash has given life to this song ...so much soul...in one of his IVs he said he was absolutely terrified before the recordings, but when he started to sing  he felt like there was this divine power working within him and he recorded the song in a single take😊

Thanks for bringing back wonderful memories.

Happy Shivratri everyone.

Edit- Thank you JJ for this brilliant idea.πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by varshu27 - 9 years ago
Oh mano lovely thread
Happy maaha shivaratri
I am posting one of my favorite lord shiv parvati pic