Software Symphonies 6--Only 51 & Hair and Nails on 14 - Page 70

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by Divashni

I'm a 20 something living with five other 20 somethings, 3 of whom are in steady relationships and 1 in a new fledgling one πŸ˜³, all six of us are obsessed with this story...so I'll try to sum up some of what was shared in our apartment.

1) "Love is a flurry of emotions" - Emma
2) "Love is being able to sit next to each other in silence and just feel completely at ease." - Vasu
3) "Love is throwing a tantrum, feeling like a complete idiot afterwards, and laughing about it in the end. Love is having eyes for the last cookie in the box and not sacrificing it or compromising to share it, but rather fighting it out until there are crumbs everywhere and you are both rolling all over the floor laughing." - Liz
4) "Love is not going out for dinner on V-day but spending the evening at home watching a marathon of Harry Potter movies until you both fall asleep with your hands in the popcorn bowl and the TV casting its soft glow on your sleeping forms." - Kavya
5) "Love is having a terrible day but feeling the weight lift off of your shoulders with a simple smiley emoticon text from your significant other at bedtime." - me. πŸ˜›

Now tht was 5 inputs, but below is what my more articulate friend and roommate managed to compose in a matter of less than 10 minutes when I forced her to take a break from the textbooks. This is why Nivi is the only one from our group who gives you reviews Nisha...because she can actually write and express her thoughts while the rest of us just gush and have a blabber fest. πŸ€£

She refuses to log in or even look at IF until her midterms are over so I am posting this on her behalf, but every poetic word is hers. She was clearly still in study mode while writing but I still think it's pretty damn good. Any science geek (like me) will appreciate the cell bio reference. πŸ˜ƒ 

From Nivi:
There are approximately 37 trillion cells in the human body; love has the ability to leave some sort of impact on every single one of them, right down to the adenines and thymines in your DNA. Love is in essence an amplification of every single emotion that you have the capacity to feel and experience.

Love is not a single entity to be defined by specific boundaries. It is not the same for any two individuals on this planet or any two beings in this universe. It's not black and white; it's not a rainbow either. It's not syrupy melodies and sugary lyrics. It's certainly not dupattas flying in the wind on a snow-capped peak of the Alps. It is not a whirlwind summer fling at the beach. It's not letters strung together into pages upon pages of flowery romance.

Love is a powerful amalgamation of contrasts. It is everything and it is nothing. It is possessively selfless. It is subtly overt. It is delicately rough. It is quietly loud. It is happily sorrowful. It is mindlessly intelligent. It is threateningly safe. It is honestly deceiving. It is ravenously satiated. It is here and there. It is simply complex. Love is a content sigh, a hidden smile, a faint touch, a soft whisper. It's all that and more. But in the end, love is just four letters of the alphabet threaded into a word that we attribute too much meaning to.

Love, loved this summation...You girls rock, (your living reminded me of my first job..away from home but with my new found friends) We all use to read a book and on lazy saturday morning discuss it and gush about it.😳 Sometimes even read aloud (silly chick flicks) just to cheer the other personπŸ˜†
Anu have you read historical romance?
Originally posted by Hsp.canada

I know you girls really burned the pages today :) I saw your additions to the petition πŸ˜†.
I tell you i have never made one before I was giggling the entire time while tying πŸ€£ 
Poor Ranjan, felt so bad for him...

ya tomorrow also school is off i am going crazy .. nice so Sosy made you into a petition writer :-) i always feel bad for him ,from day one πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

ya tomorrow also school is off i am going crazy .. nice so Sosy made you into a petition writer :-) i always feel bad for him ,from day one πŸ˜ƒ

Wow!i feel your painπŸ˜‰ It will be very cold here tomm 2F, school is open for now, no updates!
Originally posted by Hsp.canada

Anu have you read historical romance?

nope not into those

A lot on this thread...but before I read all...just leaving my 2 cents on the last update

It was splendid. All emotions, every single one of them beautifully captured. Two lovers, one subtle and the other explicitly expressing the pain felt in the time spent apart.

A girl flatly refusing to consider any other man ever if she is denied her love

A mother feeling her daughter's plight

A daughter trying to hold on to her father, family, as a  sister her  helplessness  ...

And a father reminiscing the past, his wife...The first time ever, we hear the words of a much loved mum,  long gone from this world... we hear her through her husbands thoughts

All of them had me in Nisha. No this was not the sobbing sad kind of feeling, was more of a helplessness , brought in  by circumstances, the  turning around of events...

Please let Ranjan be proved innocent and make this a happy tale. Real and happy 

Originally posted by TanjoreGirl

nope not into those

I stumbled into it, litreally was at B&N in lunch hour and I was broswing romance section and one of sales clerk suggested and said that u will back for more, I dont like medieval,pirates, scotts and many more ..I just like the Regency era...or I should say  just Juila Quinn...her books are funny,romantic  and just lovely. Start with Duke&I ..must be in your local lib..its different but in a good way, if you enjoy romance.
DIVASHNI
Thank you for those lovely thoughts and quotes, you girls sound SO adorable... Wish Nivi best of luck I am impressed and admire her will power. I HAVE NONE...

I eagerly wait for her mid terms to be over

Please tell her the 60+ send their Hello... 

Anu: DONE! She will go get him...

SunshineBliss: Hum roz kisi na kisi dhuandaar topic mein behes karte hain aaj ka topic shadi aka barbaadi

Rosh: Tumhari generation ki problem kya hai bataoon? You guys OVERTHINK and OVER ANALYZE and come with with a nice solution that will fit in a box you shut it wrap it and slap a bow on it.
Whoever is attracted to you and who ever you happen to be attracted to... THE LAST THING on your mind then will be "oh let me tell him the 168 things about myself and how hard life with me is going to be, also send him a spreadsheet of regression analysis on the first 50"

GO WITH THE FLOW. Your parents will never want anything bad to happen to you. 99% of the single guys are honest, educated and have clean toe nails and change underwear everyday🀣

ITNA MAT SOCHO, marriage and love will find you. Dont be so suspicious 90% of the world is a good place 90% of the people mean well If they did NOT human civilization would have become long extinct

Give yourself HOPE. thats ALL you need.πŸ˜³πŸ‘

what about our Ranjan petition the thread differs on everything but is united in one thing Ranjan is a good guy πŸ˜† cant be guilty (taara i think is the only person who feels a person could have erred once ) but even she agrees he is a nice guy.. so like spoiler alert tell us is it going to go with Ranjan not guilty and happy or more troubles ..if you dont want to reveal i understand that too !
Mayka, off limits

Sam had asked him not to go to Malcha Marg fearing paparazzi, the guards were giving her updates every half hour, many was calling HER every hour. Ranjan went directly to Sam's around 11 PM... according to her no reporters were spotted, the cops hadn't reached out to him or anything.
Delhi had a new Commissioner of Police, he wasn't familiar with the new guy at all. The one from a year ago, he was related to distantly.. and the guy woed him for many favors over the years. When you were wealthy, you somehow became influential too. Ranjan never utilized his wealth or powers for his own kids, ever. They never approached him seeking help. R&B was selected to CMU without help, he paid 60% of the tuition, but only for undergrad... only for the first couple years, the boy put himself through the last couple..

With the new government and the whole "anti corruption" agenda in place he didn't expect any sympathy or compassion. He was tired and hungry
Sam cried, upon seeing him... Tanmay gave him a hug "Dad I am going to make a drink, lets just relax"

"have u watched TV?" Ranjan asked
"Ya the whole afternoon and evening, not one network is saying anything" "I have asked my admin to dig up people at the publication to find out more about the journo, the article says "News Source" and no name

Ranjan leaned wearily, Sam handed him the baby... the lil angel kicked and smiled in a a purple frilly shorts and a pink halter neck blouse, her chubby shoulders and dimpled elbows buttery and scented, she had two thick fat fountains on her head with sparkly bows on them

She had hair and eyes like R&B

"U must do mundane at 6 months like we did for R&B" he said smiling
"I know Dad...R&B says, I should just give her a hair cut, khud to karwaata nahi, he doesn't get any" Sam giggled
"She will make him do it" Ranjan said proudly
"U think he listens to her?"

She came by Sunday and cooked, paranthe badhiya bana leti hai, chai bhi ekdum badhiya Ma ki tarah" Ranjan smiled fondly

(she makes excellent paranthas and tea like your Mom)
"Arey wah, he never told me" Sam shouted

"She came looking very nervous, she was in the kitchen for two hours, then I don't know if they went out, Mahavir said she returned at 6"
Sam giggled Note to self :Must call Vandita

"Usko tang karta hoga shaitaan hai, who bechaari darker aa gayi ghar"
(He must scare her, she was afraid and nervous when she came)

"he is a rogue Dad" Sam smiled fondly

"Tum dono ki baari gayi, ab us bechaari ki baari hai" Ranjan laughed
(Your and Manny's turn is over its that poor girl's turn now)

"She must feel kidhar phas gayi" Tan said hanging FIL his drink
(OMG.. I am trapped)

"Itna bhi bura nahi hai mera bhai, Tan" Sam defensive
(Hes not so bad Tan)

"ITNA nahi BAHUT BURA HAI" tanmay winked
(Not a lil but hes is REALLY BAD)

"I was telling Vandita he wont send her to RK Puram" Sam gushed

"He tells you you cant visit Malcha Marg, he will not send her to RK Puram, ziddi" Ranjan smiled fondly

(stubborn brat)

HUM SUNTE HAIN uski" Sam cried
(We LISTEN to him)

"Ab dekho, who ladki jaati hai apne maayke" Ranjan said smiling
(Lets see if she will go see her parents despite his wishes)

"HE WILL GO GET HER DAD. I AM TELLING YOU, HE WILL EITHER GO WITH HER WAIT DOWNSTAIRS 
AND PICK HER UP OR GO GET HER IF SHE DOESNT RETURN IN AN HOUR" Sam was very proud

"sahi baat hai, she belongs with him" Ranjan said smugly

"Yeh lo! Gaye Iyers bechaare" Tanmay teased
(Poor Iyers, their daughter is GONE)

"Arey what bechaare Tan? I mean she is marrying MY BROTHER she needs to be with him. 
She has lived with her parents 28 years... he needs her" Sam said protectively

"Hellloo.. Mrs Batra, apply it to yourself also"Tanmay ordered

She blushed shyly... "I am here only"

"Really?" he winked

She eye scolded him not to flirt in front of Dad
The baby cooed for her grandpa

"dad lamb biryani hai fish filet and bread pudding" Sam said hugging him

"Lagao khaana Nanu ko bhook lagi hai" he told the baby
(May I eat? grandpa is hungry)

"We ate rice cereal so no lamb for us" Sam giggled kissing the baby

Tanmay sat down watching his wife leave, turning towards his FIl with a serious face

Tan: I spoke with the commissioner's PA he said he was not aware of any plans to reopen the case, I didnt call I asked my admin to call
Ranjan looked a little relieved
Tan:If its not a law enforcement initiative then I wonder WHERE this is all being driven off of?
Ranjan: Its not a movie, ki mere dushman kar rahe hain (Ranjan hugge dthe baby tightly)
Tan squirmed... "Chachu se baat hui?" 
(Did u speak with your bro?)
Ranjan looked offended at first but calmed down sadly " Umm nahi..."
Tan: Wont hurt Dad... just call him ask him if he has been saying anything (whispering)
Ranjan gulped his whisky

Tan sipped his "I am meeting the lawyer tomorrow to get started on the anticipatory bail process just in case.
Ranjan:I swill transfer some money to your account
Tan:PLEASE Dad aap aisa nahin karen
(Please dont do that)
Ranjan: If its 1 or two crores I dont want you to
Tan: What are u talking about... it doesnt matter to me (whisper)
Sam: DONO mein kya baat ho rahi hai? (what are u two upto)

Her face was puffy and swollen her eyes seemed tired... she looked worn out and sad

Tan: Just thinking if we should have the reception in your mayka or sasural
Sam:Please yaar no sasural I am here everyday I want to go home and gloat...
Tanmay:He will send you home at midnite (sneer)
Ranjan: He might
Sam:I am friends with ishita she wont!
Tanmay: Have u seen her talking?
ranjan laughed, rolling... the baby made a face and BURSTTT out crying
"Sorry puttar sorry sorry sorry" Ranjan graoned
Sam giggled and got her
Ranjan:Doesnt talk?
Tan: When she comes here she follows him like a shadow
Ranjan: She is a tigress
Sam: Vandita says that too, he brings out the worst in her (shocked)
Tanmay laughed out loud
Sam: Thats too funny
Ranjan: The house needs her (choking up)

Sam sat down handing the baby to Tan... father and daughter hugged