Software Symphonies 6--Only 51 & Hair and Nails on 14 - Page 46

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 6 years ago
Originally posted by Hsp.canada

Originally posted by Ranu1234

Originally posted by Nisha0604

Nidhi,
One last thought, I find more dishonest Desis than dishonest goras when it comes to weight/fitness. In my almost 20 years in this country

The totally fit healthy eating goras will tell me on MY FACE "Oh no! I will pass the dessert,
Oh! No I wont eat any chips,
Oh! No, I ate too much at Thanksgiving I have to skip dinner for a month.
If I didn't run 15 miles a week I would be 200 lbs.
If I didn't burn 1000 calories a day I would be extremely obese.
I eat greens like a cow, I hate it but do it nevertheless because I WANT to appear fit..
I only eat 500 calories a day. I only live on protein shakes.
I haven't eaten a real meal in a year"
Full points to them for honesty

Its the Desis that I find to be complete phonies, they will starve themselves to death, constantly fish for compliments by asking people if they look "fat", are extremely insecure, and pathological liars.
Again,
I STRICTLY base my opinions on my sample set alone.

yes yes and yes i know a desi who ran a half marathon and didnt tell me, i honestly dont  care at all and then when i found out she says her friend signed her up for it and she just ran without prep .. like seriously LOLROFL and the funny part was she was complaining and i am suggesting zumba,badminton LOLLOL

I so agree when I go to desi get together, most women are always trying to measure u up. I have never been size zero and that does not inspire me. I want to be healthy so that I can enjoy watching my kids grow and have a full filling life. My goal is to eat everything all my life, so i do believe in portion control. The only thing i need to work is drinking Tea and parle g and Mcvites. I tried green tea but it doesn't cut it for me. I can't get over that someone went for a marathon impromptu. Heights of lies.Angry Anyway will try and do 30 minutes of dreadmill tomm while reading comments
Oh come on I missed such a fun conversation about workout...

I always make resolutions n never following it... But recently started something which is really working... Have started eating brown rice n reduced the sweet... My biggest problem is indian sweets... I can ignore pastries,cakes,donuts etc etc but one laddoo n my whole resolution falls apart so I just make less n satisfy myself... I think when we avoid something completely we start craving for it more... 

Wish me luck to follow my resolution this time Big smile 
Originally posted by Ranu1234

thanks nisha for the pep talk on how to go about it.. i am going to try..
so can we expect our bday update at 5 IST or 7.30 EST?

Anu
I am no Jane Fonda or Deepika I dont care to make working out my life or eating right my greatest worry... since the conversation happened I shared my non-knowledge... If "I" can try anybody can... I am extremely energetic active and busy, in organizing parties cooking for 50 or 100 people, or spend 6 hours at the mall, or walking the neighborhood for two hours gossiping with the one Desi friend I was close toLOL until she moved. I dont care anything about recipes, eating right making spinach kale quinoa salad or blending the crap out of karela and green tea or other god forsaken recipe

I eat Iyer food at lunch and Punjabi at dinner and get on with life... Id rather write or try mastering an Iyer sweet like padirpeni if I have time... 
I leave the blended cardboard and sawdust shakes to those that wannabe size zeros.

YOU CAN SO EASILY DO IT... you sound like an AMAZING person inside and out I bet when I see you the last thing I will notice is HOW you look.Clap

Lifes WAY bigger than size zero, thats for sure

Was making food when i refreshed my page, pleasantly surprised to see an update. I love amma and her talk with Vandu, Moms scold, pamper,concern,love and always think the best for you. Amma touched a cord in me, I hope i turn out me good mom like her...

looking forward to R&B's plans for Ms.II. 

PS: when will be the next update so that I can plan for sleeping arrangements, kids room or my room Smile

Originally posted by Goosecool

Oh come on I missed such a fun conversation about workout...

I always make resolutions n never following it... But recently started something which is really working... Have started eating brown rice n reduced the sweet... My biggest problem is indian sweets... I can ignore pastries,cakes,donuts etc etc but one laddoo n my whole resolution falls apart so I just make less n satisfy myself... I think when we avoid something completely we start craving for it more... 

Wish me luck to follow my resolution this time Big smile 

Indian sweets are my downfall as well. Cant resist. I don't care about cakes,cupcakes etc..I make them all the time but don't eat If i see besan ladoo i can even break my fast for it. All the best for your resolution. God Speed
I was just posting for your conversation n bamm there's a new update...

Amma and akkas conversation was so touching... Your siblings care about so much at times u tend to forget it n amma so sweet of her she is not sure whether she wants grand kids or not from II she really thinks her chinnakutty is so paavam... Wish amma sees one of their famous Fights that will be RICH

Looking so forward to the birthday plan he has for herParty
Edited by Goosecool - 6 years ago

Amma convo -  touching! Amma could only afford  to speak with Akka  this way voicing her concerns about II's immaturity. II would probably bristle and throw another tantrum if Amma had advised  her to listen' to R&B. Her concern was so genuine so true - how can anyone else handle her baby firecracker. Hard isn't it for parents to let go

And Akka is the perfect older sibling here. Whilst the older ones are left to rally around and cover up, the younger siblings always- always- get away. Don't they? They invariably have the liberty to throw more tantrums and have everyone around succumb to it. Not fair. But it happens. Law of nature I guess LOL  I've been there in the past and can see my little one getting there too...LOL

And so just like Akka to have R&B there- She knows exactly what her baby sister needs on her special day.Smile

Hmm so R&B at Vandu's plc... Is it that II is going to ask for R&B to stop vying for shravu's love so shravu's fav person isforever II or is it that she'll want R&B to  make her his fav n do whatever she says... Which would ultimately be a childish demand of leaving shravu for II... But I have full faith in you... You'll probably give them some II- R&B alone time :)
Liked the Amma Vandu convo. Like all moms she wants all that's good for her Ishitha.
Vandu lovely human being so happy where she is in life, absolutely adorable sis and now we know a scheming matchmaker too. She was the first one to plant the idea of marriage to II and RnBs head when he was all lost and sulking for II
What a Wondeful character - so unpretentious and and real giver to everyone around her parents, inlaw's, family and now to the blow hot and blow passionate couple!!

How am I going to wait to see what We have in store!!
Will trick my brain and get hate to do jobs done while waitingv for your "love to read" update! Hug Party EmbarrassedEdited by blue5sky - 6 years ago