Software Symphonies 6--Only 51 & Hair and Nails on 14 - Page 15

Posted: 9 years ago
As the title suggestion II has to let go of the past. She will be always anxious if she keeps dwelling on it. R&B can help her to overcome but knowing him he said it all by saying that I am marrying u. He has had sex with many not because he was in love ever ,he has treated it like any other body function. He was never emotionally vested with anyone. This is different for him as well. He wants to marry not because he wants to bed her but he views her his soulmate. She completes him. He  realizes and recognizes that she has power over him. It was mentioned few chapters ago as well. I don't remember the exact lines( revision time) πŸ˜†I feel for R&B as he is trying open himself yet he is vulnerable. For him talking doesn't come naturally and it will take time for him to understand II insecurity...
II is a typical girl, who is feeling jealous and wants reassurance from her man. She has to do analysis her own feelings in regards to R&B's past life. She is compelled by attraction to be with him...she is naive, as I have said before she is thinking from her heart, which is good but she doesn't feel that she has power over him. She has to process and  think it through. R&B is not your average Joe and do something drastic to show her love. ( but he is doing in my opinion my asking her to marry him) I am all for R&B as I am sure most ladies will feel for II. 
Will add more later...
Edited by Hsp.canada - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Ranu1234

Self Doubt

Had to happen self doubt is something every middle class girl has to go through .. and given none of us know why he picked her to get married its but natural.. in her mind he had so many girl friends he could have married anyone ..why her . He shows her he loves her in subtle ways but how will she be sure he wasnt like this with everyone.. I think this tension is going to last ..
And its  a total middle class mentality to worry about people we care and so II cant help it..
I loved how in every conversation her possessiveness surfaces
" U wont talk, u wont shave, u wont sleep at night, u wont give me Shravu, you wont read one paperback at a time, u wont let me have the remote"
and R&B observing her and answering her in the most honest way possible - " you are the Iyer I am marrying " he sees her alone that way and something tells me the dumbo will not understand it ..
Oh btw where is Ranjan?

I dont know i felt this update was a bit poignant .. i felt really bad for II she is a dream girl for anyone, everyone can see it but she still has self doubt :-(

Yaa ANU u put across your thoughts so well... I am tongue tied today so ditto ditto ditto from ME
Anu and harshita
FABULOUS REVIEWS
As i sit in a car wash

JUST FABULOUS

More when i get home
Originally posted by Goosecool

Yaa ANU u put across your thoughts so well... I am tongue tied today so ditto ditto ditto from ME

actually i am also tongue tied GC  you know a weird feeling i cant express thats why no emoticons. I am unable to take sides but i feel for II ,
for the past half hour my mind is going round and round .. its like i knew this would happen she would be insecure , he would not make it easy for her and she needs to get out of this and get confident with him and i think thats going to take time
. In my arranged marriage after 15 years i use dialogs in front of my kids "nobody but me can handle ur dad " or my husband will say things like gosh too much paper work in a divorce so better to put up with each other .. i am positive we wouldnt have said it in the first year of marraige..so guess these 2 will also need some time to get to their comfort zone.

Review for the last 3 chapters

For II

"What is forbidden is attractive. Also ,what is different. Also, when it is the first time. Put all of them together , they make strong wine. "- unknown

That's the passion and one of her reasons for this compulsive lying and self denial.

Can fish love birds?? That's her self doubt over her man.

With subbu,( I never thought I would ever use him for a review)she remembers the fact of love, though not how it had felt. That memory is blocked out, like a computer file, being erased out by a virus.

It's a like a metaphor that I hv read somewhere and now remember, "Love, when alive is a garland!! When dead, it's a garotte. "

Few unfortunate events make us stone like. But love slips in like a chisel and suddenly it's an ax, chipping away the stone into pieces from the inside. R&B is that axe here

II cannot point to one special time and say, there! That's what is special and that's what made me fall in love again with R&B . She has changed completely and has not recognized it yet.Will she ever? That's for the writer to answer!!
Originally posted by harshita27

Too many emotions going on in my head reading that part right after an "ideal couple" part they witnessed. I shall gather my thoughts better and then update my comments... I felt a bit of irritation towards both their behaviors but I would want to put myself in their shoes before I judge them n their behavior
EDITED
So I re-read the part... Men who are quiet and dont express too much are difficult to understand specially by someone so talkative n expressive as II... II is doubting herself because he doesnt let on too much about whether he "needs" II like he needs his oxygen. II is trying to hold back expresding her love because the guy directly proposed marriage, no mention of love. There was no friendship so a relationship based on attraction has very less to thrive on other than attraction and maybe then further expression of love n assurance of the other person's "need" in your life. So if he is not going to start to  assure II, it might lead to downhill progress too. This is my practical self talking. But given that its a fiction n we all "know" that ultimately it will be a happily ever-after so we know R&B will start re assuring II of his love, n his care for what she thinks.

I somehow feel R&B hasnt completely realized the class difference or has perhaps seen the so-called " betrayal" by Ranjan that was handed over to his mom... I think that wired him to keep his expressions in check n not invest too much in relationships "maybe". The class difference adds to the fact that even though the Bhalla family is close but its not as close knit as any middle class one. So he doesnt know that she is very much aware of the class difference n thinks of it as a cause of self doubt as well as their class difference is also the main point of Appa's disapproval of their relationship. To him, he has always seen money and its not of huge importance since it couldnt get him his perfect family and also that he doesnt think like a middle class person would perceive the class difference. R&B too will falter before he has her emotions figured out completely. Their lack of compatibility lies in their pasts and background and it would need to be addressed by them at some point in their relationship. One of them will have to figure out ways and means to bridge this gap - either R&B will start expressing himself freely to II( doesnt look like it in near future) or II will start figuring out his silent expressions( that too doesnt seem like happening). I guess both would need a jolt to take a step towards each other again.

II - I totally can understand why she feels that self doubt... She feels he hasnt declared love, expressed no jealousy when she declared she was getting married, didnt even show care when she was super sick like she did or even after engagement when she was slogging n travelling alone. So she doesnt know her worth in his life or how she impacts him. Plus the fact that Appa isnt gung ho about the match is adding to her jitters. She is a classic example of us self respecting working class women who feel they are self dependant n have a loving family so when a relationship happens they want declaration of love from the other party specially if the other party starts the pursuit.
I felt it that II didnt really want to offend him by saying she didnt come coz she cared for him and to apologize but the fact that he didnt explicitly say he cares for her n instead said he had previous relationships only based on physical attraction which too has been a basis of their relationship, so II just in one upmanship blurted out she didnt go out of her way to meet him at his home n didnt come to apologize. I think II didnt want to give him too much of an upper hand even though she is a lost cause in her head and heart where R&B is concerned.

They both are so real... 3rd party perspective sounds so simple but having a personal experience with silent person makes you lose your head πŸ˜†

OMG!!! perfect... πŸ‘πŸ‘..i agree with everything you just said
self doubt clearly seems to be getting very thought provoking comments !!!

Very Poignant !

II's reaction is a reflection of HER upbringing; and R&B's HIS. Both are totally justified in their place. Somewhere R&B's experience places him in a position to walk her, reassure her through this phase.

But will he explicitly do it. Nope. Don't think so. II will have to figure it from his actions.

And for words worth this relation is now only few months old...  Sometimes it takes a lifetime to figure out such men...can vouch for that! But that journey is oh so worth!

Feel like giving a big hug to II and telling her...Bask in  the warmth/love  that you feel with R&B. You will get there girl!  All in good timeπŸ€—. 

Originally posted by harshita27

They both are so real... 3rd party perspective sounds so simple but having a personal experience with silent person makes you lose your head πŸ˜†

totally with you on that πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Ranu1234

self doubt clearly seems to be getting very thought provoking comments !!!
And they are coming very personalized... A phase of life alot hv gobe through and alot will
Amazing reviews all you ppl πŸ‘