Software Symphonies 6--Only 51 & Hair and Nails on 14 - Page 14

Posted: 9 years ago
Sure Swati!!!
I am just a starter in reading.. There are about 4-5 books I read till date.. Like fully. .Do give The Zoya Factor a read.. Its by Anuja Chauhan.
The first part I am like ooohhh...
The second part awwieee so sweet really cried... Was so sad for him yet happy forTHEM...
Huge congratulations on the 6th thread!
Have just caught up on the many updates...lots of things happening.

Interesting to get a glimpse of Chachu and his family, the way II indirectly gave them a scare!

So iI is torn between R&B and Appa...this will be a continuing battle I guess...poor II.

Love how she went over to make breakfast and see him although she was mad...totally in love with her R&B

Another drool worthy encounter...only R&B can make eating paranthas sexy!!

Amazing updates as always...looking forward to the next ones '

Totally enjoyed reading the last three chapters. They had all the right elements, Appa finally feeling the connection between II and R&B. I felt it's a tide for good. I am not imagining overnight great relationship between appa and R&B. It should be slow progression as Nisha is potraying it. They just need to relazie that they both love II and have to respect her feelings and should not have animosity between them.  Any dad is happy when he sees his daughter is content & happy. πŸ˜ƒ

Ranjan is becoming a sweetheart and the way he said betaji and has a big laugh in the kitchen, it conveyed his feeling of happiness. I hope he soons finds tranquilty in his life via II. Perfect FIL.😳

Help in Malca Marg will soon be following II like we all follow you NishaπŸ˜‰, II has fallen head over heels in love. She is a nut case as most women are when they fall in love and are in courtship period. She is adorable girl who is struggling with appa indifference. Its natural, dad is the first man you fall in love...So its difficult, I understand her. Love her motor mouth and her complusive lying.πŸ˜‰

R&B now what I say how the guy, he is really devious, good negotiator, caring, possessive , full of manners and loving. The last few line of the chapter, apotheosis his emotions. I felt sad for him and then I rejoiced that II will take care of this Big Man.

So many comments to write but my little man is under the weather "

Read all the comments, missed adding my punch in that 

II has more relations of significance in her life; whereas for R&B at present , II is paramount.  And given his character he will not want to share even an IOTA of her with anybody.

That's a tough balance for II to strike. Acceptance from both men Appa & R&B, for each other, is so essential for II and that is totally understandable. Totally relatable.  Time shall tell how this balance will be achieved. Definitely not overnight.

To love travelling or to be a nomad, there's a difference. R&B is a nomad, as II says, but was it by choice? Or was it to flee? She is beginning to get a whiff of the extent of his loneliness.

The compassion & care that binds a relation is finally showing ! Now they are getting there. Aren't  they?  Liked how II was honest about her feelings.  And R&B knows he has found it in her

This is a wonderful phase to ponder how this relation has moved - from passion to compassion

Beautifully crafted!

Originally posted by Hsp.canada

Totally enjoyed reading the last three chapters. They had all the right elements, Appa finally feeling the connection between II and R&B. I felt it's a tide for good. I am not imagining overnight great relationship between appa and R&B. It should be slow progression as Nisha is potraying it. They just need to relazie that they both love II and have to respect her feelings and should not have animosity between them.  Any dad is happy when he sees his daughter is content & happy. πŸ˜ƒ

Ranjan is becoming a sweetheart and the way he said betaji and has a big laugh in the kitchen, it conveyed his feeling of happiness. I hope he soons finds tranquilty in his life via II. Perfect FIL.😳

Help in Malca Marg will soon be following II like we all follow you NishaπŸ˜‰, II has fallen head over heels in love. She is a nut case as most women are when they fall in love and are in courtship period. She is adorable girl who is struggling with appa indifference. Its natural, dad is the first man you fall in love...So its difficult, I understand her. Love her motor mouth and her complusive lying.πŸ˜‰

R&B now what I say how the guy, he is really devious, good negotiator, caring, possessive , full of manners and loving. The last few line of the chapter, apotheosis his emotions. I felt sad for him and then I rejoiced that II will take care of this Big Man.

So many comments to write but my little man is under the weather "

Read all the comments, missed adding my punch in that 

great review Hsp... aaw :-( hope your little one feels better soon its really the winter.. ...

Self Doubt

He felt the moisture but didnt ask why she cried. She let the back rest soak up most of it from her right eye...
Ge gently felt his left shoulder, since he had pointed to it when she asked about the shin...

"Did u have to get physical therapy?" she asked
"Ya for 6 months" he said
Her tears flowed again... imagining him going to every appointment all by himself, 
Amma and Appa accompanied her when she sprained her foot getting off the ladder trying to get to the top book shelf in the study.
She was not allowed to set foot on the ground, a therapist came home two days a week for help

"Why were u alone?' (DIDNT U HAVE MARLIESE? U SAID U DATED HER 4 YEARS, THAT MATH DOESNT ADD UP, WHERE WAS SHE? OR DOES "GF" MEAN NO EMOTIONAL INVOLVEMENT
WHAT DOES IT MEAN IN HIGH SOCIETY DA?")

He lifted his head up and saw the red eyes the river of tears...
"You are too heavy" she lied
"Suddenly?" he asked somberly
"U just ate" she tried to push him away
He pressed down harder, as she groaned in pleasure
"She wasnt living with me" he said answering her question

SHE HATED THAT ANSWER. THAT MEANT SHE MOVED IN SOON, THAT MEANT HE WAS HAVING SEX BUT SHE DIDNT CARE
THAT MEANT HE WAS A PIG

She hid her feeling of betrayal and jealousy by just shutting her eyes...
The remainder of the tears slithered out warm and glistening, he captured her lips

"I cant stay in bed all day" she freed her lips hot and gasping
"Its the couch" he said, tracing her jaw with his tongue

"Is there a rule book? Kaise pata tumhe ek doosre ki fiqr nahi hai... how can u date and not care?" innocent

"Because... the person turns u on" he said nipping her ear
She didnt like THIS answer either
She was not going to like ANY answer from November and before... she was just not
But she wanted to know...

So many have turned him on... NOT JUST YOU II
U either stop caring and go into this just for the sex, or care any way... coz he might be in it just for sex so he doesnt care
Your caring has nothing to do with what he feels about you, its your own little private heaven or hell whatever you make of it.
Whether he is capabale of appreciating your concern is something you better not dig to know
You may not like what you dig up.

"asleep?" he asked softly
"Haan shaayad" (maybe) she lied
"And u talk in ur sleep?" he asked
"42" she said trying to appear like she was talking in her sleep
She lay there enveloped in the warm strong protective cacoon... sore and achy, pleasured yet hungry... covered in his throw...
He lay by her side looking down at her, playing with her jhumkas,  moving it back and forth on her neck as she slept on the side unwilling to look at him
Unwilling to reveal she felt more than lust

"Do u have a list of places u want to see in Paris?"

"the apartment" she said
"It looks somewhat like this" he said
"Navy and white?" she said grumpy
He laced his legs between hers... feeling the elastic on her waist... stretching it and letting go gently
"Its tiny, only 3 bedrooms, 1400 sq ft"
"Are u ever home?" still refusing to look at him
"Depends on whats at home"
"Food u mean?" she asked being particularly dense
He knew she wanted to know if she was going to be left alone at home
He smiled but didnt answer
"Tum rehte bhi ho to baat nahi karogey, (even if u stay u wont talk)" like she had him all figured out and she didnt care
" U wont talk, u wont shave, u wont sleep at night, u wont give me Shravu, you wont read one paperback at a time, u wont let me have the remote"
"How about I wont let u win?" he whispered in her ear, lingering inhaling the cavity for the spicy powder she used in the morning
His whiskers teasing her, his index finger and thumb on the lil beads hanging from the jhumka...
She leaned as far back on the backrest as possible buring herself into the folds, he pressed on... leaving half the couch empty...

"How long did u play poker last night?" her eyes shut the whole time
"3? 4? they played longer I went to bed"

"Who they?"
"The women Mihir picked up at Rick's Bar"
Her eyes flew open...
He had a look of "Yayy! Its open now, come get what you want I am going to keep the door open" leaning on it

"You are SICK" she cursed..
"Very" he said, his hand on her curves

He watched her writhe and moan open mouthed...

"Bala Tan and Mihir" he said kissing her finally

"what time is it?" she asked, he pressed down on her as he reached for the phone with his right hand from the coffe table
"3:03"
She looked startled
He looked like he didnt care...
"Lunch?" he asked
"ABHI?"
"Later? at 6?" he mocked
She slapped his arm
"I told Amma I was going to work" she lied
"Why" he asked his expression inscrutable
"I was actually" she lied
"U lost ur way?" he asked silkily... concealing the irritation
"Tumhe to meri fiqr hai nahi... u ignored me the whole day yesterday" a lump formed in her throat
He reached
"Mat chhuo mujhe... rakshasan!" she hissed
"You came to apologize?" he asked

"Nahi to" she said too quickly (Of course NOT)

There was a longish pause... he gently get off the couch... found his clothes... and wore them she lay there eyes closed... 
wondering how she manages to get sucked into this whirlpool every time...
Of wanting him so much that she would lie to her parents...

He gave her a hand, she got up holding the sheet over her

"Amma wants to know what kind of clothes u want" she asked softly
"Umm..."
"U dont wear any from India do u?" she asked resigned
"Sometimes... shirts?' he offered since he was really picky about work trousers and suits
"There is a Marks & Spencer at Lajpat Nagar?" she offered
He smiled his half smile...
She would tell Amma she would buy it since shirts there costed atleast Rs.5,000 to Rs. 10,000 the high end ones

"U can tell me when u want to go?" she said

"Can we go now?" he provoked
She looked at him and said "U love getting under my skin dont you... I spent the whole morning with you"

"Just the morning" he said

They looked at each other wordlessly for as long as they could... until she looked down and found her kurta

"My clothes are ruined da" she said
"Throw it in the washer downstairs"
"Sure let me change into another outfit first" she said politely
SICK bas***d!!

She opened the food container and went for a wedge of paneer sat there eating... quietly
He pulled the curtains revealing the afternoon sun
She wore her clothes and opened all the doors, one led to a dressing room, and closet, and other to an annexe another to a ginormous master bath

Sparsely filled with less than a handful of some expensive aftershaves, lotions and shave creams, ONE HAIR BRUSH
She rinsed off her kurta as he came in to watch leaning on the door, she pulled his wet towel off the rod, and wiped it off
Smelled it, smelled like him

She stole a aftershave tube... found a another one, went for it, pouring it out, realizing her hair was open,
She held both hands together like a scoop and approached him
He held his the way she showed, she wiped it off on his to "hold" and rubbed the remainder on his stubbly jaw...

She braided her hair back and forth back and forth and let it down...
he reached and applied it all over her front... taking his time... making her moan multiple times, until she freed herself

It didnt sting one bit...

"Am I the first middle class girl uve dated?" she asked shutting the lid of the tube not looking at him appearing unconcerened
He was looking at her face through the reflection. 
Women that knew the way around his room and things, acted cool and unconcerned... didnt worry so much... wore fashionable clothes
Didnt mind walking around his floor naked... she was a misfit in every way...

"U are the Iyer I am marrying" he said

Too many emotions going on in my head reading that part right after an "ideal couple" part they witnessed. I shall gather my thoughts better and then update my comments... I felt a bit of irritation towards both their behaviors but I would want to put myself in their shoes before I judge them n their behavior
EDITED
So I re-read the part... Men who are quiet and dont express too much are difficult to understand specially by someone so talkative n expressive as II... II is doubting herself because he doesnt let on too much about whether he "needs" II like he needs his oxygen. II is trying to hold back expresding her love because the guy directly proposed marriage, no mention of love. There was no friendship so a relationship based on attraction has very less to thrive on other than attraction and maybe then further expression of love n assurance of the other person's "need" in your life. So if he is not going to start to  assure II, it might lead to downhill progress too. This is my practical self talking. But given that its a fiction n we all "know" that ultimately it will be a happily ever-after so we know R&B will start re assuring II of his love, n his care for what she thinks.

I somehow feel R&B hasnt completely realized the class difference or has perhaps seen the so-called " betrayal" by Ranjan that was handed over to his mom... I think that wired him to keep his expressions in check n not invest too much in relationships "maybe". The class difference adds to the fact that even though the Bhalla family is close but its not as close knit as any middle class one. So he doesnt know that she is very much aware of the class difference n thinks of it as a cause of self doubt as well as their class difference is also the main point of Appa's disapproval of their relationship. To him, he has always seen money and its not of huge importance since it couldnt get him his perfect family and also that he doesnt think like a middle class person would perceive the class difference. R&B too will falter before he has her emotions figured out completely. Their lack of compatibility lies in their pasts and background and it would need to be addressed by them at some point in their relationship. One of them will have to figure out ways and means to bridge this gap - either R&B will start expressing himself freely to II( doesnt look like it in near future) or II will start figuring out his silent expressions( that too doesnt seem like happening). I guess both would need a jolt to take a step towards each other again.

II - I totally can understand why she feels that self doubt... She feels he hasnt declared love, expressed no jealousy when she declared she was getting married, didnt even show care when she was super sick like she did or even after engagement when she was slogging n travelling alone. So she doesnt know her worth in his life or how she impacts him. Plus the fact that Appa isnt gung ho about the match is adding to her jitters. She is a classic example of us self respecting working class women who feel they are self dependant n have a loving family so when a relationship happens they want declaration of love from the other party specially if the other party starts the pursuit.
I felt it that II didnt really want to offend him by saying she didnt come coz she cared for him and to apologize but the fact that he didnt explicitly say he cares for her n instead said he had previous relationships only based on physical attraction which too has been a basis of their relationship, so II just in one upmanship blurted out she didnt go out of her way to meet him at his home n didnt come to apologize. I think II didnt want to give him too much of an upper hand even though she is a lost cause in her head and heart where R&B is concerned.

They both are so real... 3rd party perspective sounds so simple but having a personal experience with silent person makes you lose your head πŸ˜†

Edited by harshita27 - 9 years ago
Self Doubt

Had to happen self doubt is something every middle class girl has to go through .. and given none of us know why he picked her to get married its but natural.. in her mind he had so many girl friends he could have married anyone ..why her . He shows her he loves her in subtle ways but how will she be sure he wasnt like this with everyone.. I think this tension is going to last ..
And its  a total middle class mentality to worry about people we care and so II cant help it..
I loved how in every conversation her possessiveness surfaces
" U wont talk, u wont shave, u wont sleep at night, u wont give me Shravu, you wont read one paperback at a time, u wont let me have the remote"
and R&B observing her and answering her in the most honest way possible - " you are the Iyer I am marrying " he sees her alone that way and something tells me the dumbo will not understand it ..
Oh btw where is Ranjan?

I dont know i felt this update was a bit poignant .. i felt really bad for II she is a dream girl for anyone, everyone can see it but she still has self doubt :-(
Edited by Ranu1234 - 9 years ago
One aspect of your work that makes me an addict is the way you handle real emotions. 
I had a large smile when I saw the title because it was bound to surface between these two and was excited to see how you handled it.

Almost all of II's compulsive lying is when she is trying to protect the ones she loves from being judged or when she is trying to make herself appear stronger than she is.

RnB probably has an intuitive understanding of her needs, and may be that has flicked a 'protective' switch in him too, that made him want to ' marry her'. 

He surely loves that II tears up for his long forgotten pain. I'm sure he has not had many do that for him after his mom. 

Self doubt is I guess as inevitable as it is defining. Will be interesting to see what II does about her doubts and what RnB does to ease her.

I could be wrong or hopelessly romantic but I do believe that he will take the lead here. He has his share of it too..all hidden like his feelings but it should exist and he's experienced so kind of handles that better and knows to work a way out of it. 

He stays away from people that judge him or shuts them out. II did slot him too - bigada hua beta.. was what she thought of him. He has buffered himself with all that it takes to chalk his own identity. He let II discover him rather than talk about it. She will too I'm sure find her feet. 

I see an intense, real and passion filled sometimes bruising road ahead?

Thoughts???
πŸ‘ Well done Nisha!