Software Symphonies 5--Spice Route on 148 - Page 50

Posted: 9 years ago

Deal Breakers & Secrets
Nobody has kids the first year after marriage" II argued
"Ive never followed any norms II"
"But since I have to carry I need a say"
"fair enough" he said seriously
Hands in pockets strolled the living room... walked to a window.. stared out...
"I want to get started soon if we are having three"
"I really don't want to have any" she said
"I am willing to give it a couple months" he said not looking at her
"TWO MONTHS? TWO to kuch bhi nahi hai" she shrieked
"Its not like we are getting married tomorrow" he said
"Akka is having hers in August, can we atleast wait until then?"
"September is the beginning of Argent's new Fiscal year" he argued
"what has THAT got to do with the baby?"
"everything" he said.. not revealing more
"September is 8 months away, that's way too long" he said
"what if I don't get ermmm..."
"Of course if u go on the p--- u wont" he said
"hOW about otherwise?"
"Why? do u have any pre existing conditions?" "I am hoping I have none"
"None that I am aware of" she said expressionlessly
"So lets not speculate?" he asked politely
She nodded reluctantly

"So lets talk in a month?"
"I might have to put in longer hours and be more visible and take on more if I need that Director role"
"Is the Director role just a ploy to delay becoming pregnant?" he turned to ask
"Its not an earth shattering discovery, I am not really thrilled about the idea"
"On what basis?"
"Just like we all have strong likes and dislikes about many things I have mine... about this" she said cryptically
They scoped each other out from across the living room
"Is this..ummm.. I mean. a deal breaker?'
"Are u hoping for it to be?" he asked as if he expected that question and had prepared that answer long ago
Bally called "Kidhar ho boss? Havan will start in a few"
"She wanted to shop,"
"Do AFTER Dude! Iyer ko do main kehta hoon"
"No that's fine" he kept staring as she spoke
She looked down at her bare feet with the saree ends folding over..
He hung up and tilted his head
"Do u have everything u need to go?"
"Ummm shaayad"
"He wants us to get there"
I want to shop"
"do it after lunch?"
"tchhh"
"Why did u say "nevermind" after telling me where u were this morning?"
"Mujhe laga I went overboard... I mean telling u something as silly as I was downstairs" she corrected herself
Lest he misunderstand she was talking about the fight last night, and in some way admitting her guilt related to that
"You didn't" he said quietly
He waited as she turned to go in and came out
"Mere kapde dry clean karne ke liye thanks?"
"U missed a few words in Hindi in the middle and at the end"
She looked at him confused
He walked up as she backed...

She leaned on the bedroom door
"On what?" she asked
"the thing u just said
"Oh... dry clean ki Hindi term?"
He nodded
"hotels are very expensive" she said "Hum kal ja rahe hain.."She had no idea whens he was returning... she didn't know if she wanted to...

"Is this another thing u want on the prenup?"
She didn't respond... 
"Can I keep sending u texts then?" she asked, changing the topic
"Do u want responses?" he asked with a half smile
Their eyes met and locked

Later he would send her a link
U still have me showing as "unknown caller"

http://www.wikihow.com/Add-a-Contact-on-an-iPhone

She responded with a
"Subtle benefits of face to face communication"

http://web.stanford.edu/class/symbsys205/facetoface.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amma was kneading and rolling dough on the kitchen counter, in a  huge oval bowl, her phone rang, 
she scraped her index finger clean, and tapped  to take the call, hitting speaker
It was Samyukta

"how are you Aunty" she asked politely
"I am OK, aap kaise ho?"
"I am good aunty, did u write another chapter of your book?"
"No I am still on 7th, there are more than 4 teachers writing it, so it takes a lot of consultation. A lot of back and forth, hum kisi baat par agree nahi karte"
"That sounds so much like real life aunty" Sam giggled
"To get PERMISSION to write a book takes for ever, I have wanted to write since Ishita was in IIM, AB jaakar hua"
"Aap bhi uski tarah ambitious ho aunty"
"Its good for girls to be that way don't u think?'
"Totally we are already so proud of her Dad says who kaam mein ekdum 10/10 hai aur R&B ko full takkar deti hai, their fights are famous I hear"
"Oh really?" Amma asked panicking
"Arey nahi not in that sense aunty, just coz, dono itne strong personalities hain professionally, 
both are not wrong, both are intelligent and argumentative, to yeh to hona hi tha"

"Ummm"
"Aunty please don't worry, sab theek hoga R&B is a GREAT guy if I can say so myself. Ekdum caring hai aur affectionate. 
Aap Shravu ya Nandan se baat kariye kabhi"
"I know Shravu loves him Ishita is a little insecure" Amma said sheepishly
sam laughed hard... "She is like Shravu nahi?"
"A little yes"
"He is very caring"
Appa came in to get a empty bowl, and filled it with some namkeen
"Abhi aap dekho he went to get her from Jaipur"
Amma IMMEDIATELY grabbed the phone and tried to hit speaker with flour fingers and couldn't
"Raat ko11 baje he left her on Friday to be with her"
Appa stood there frozen in shock..
"Kudu inge" he hissed
Amma briskly walked to their bedroom and washed her hand furiously in the bathroom sink
tapping the speaker icon...
"Is he there?"
"haan aunty, usko lane gaya who"
"she didn't tell us"
"then please aap usko show mat karna" please aunty, let this be our secret hum shaadi ke baad usko tease karenge"
Amma squirmed as Appa stood there with hands on his hips glaring
"I will talk" he hissed
"I am getting another call Sam can I call u back in 5?"
"Sure aunty, we miss her, so I thought main aapse baat kar loon"
"that's nice.. Vandu should be calling you soon"
"Aunty main batana bhool gayi I am hosting  dinner at Dad's place, ab Ma to hai nahi (sad) for Chachu's family and a few friends, 
if u can tell me what day works for u guys I can get everything arranged?" Sam asked eagerly
"Sure sure, when I call u in 10 mins I we can talk more"
Amma hung up and set the phone on her chest of drawer and sat down

Uff! Ab yeh kya hua! Appa will be an angry roaring Iyer tiger. II better get ready to face the music along with R&B and he will give him back his logical explanation that how could appa send her with unknow people, and appa will have epiphany that R& B really cares for his daughter,he will be reluctant but will appericiate it with amma. ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜† , this goes to show my horrible story telling, finish it the whole thing in less then 2 lines. Edited by Hsp.canada - 9 years ago

The Taming of the Shrew is what comes to my mind the more I read about II. Really it couldn't have been closer!!  She just has to fight ALL the way through... but isn't that what is giving R&B the kicks! (And us 😉)

But II did not say yes to the Gyn ob visit straight away. Reckless as she may appear, there is a voice of reason fighting somewhere in her.

Good to see II tread carefully there with R&B... when she added the "now" to the no babies clause. Wouldn't want to tick him off too much. Would she?  But again her impulsive nature TOPS all else...

She reminds me of a teeny bit of myself in the past. I didn't want to go the family way straight after  marriage, and my hub just played it by the ear ... actually, in retrospect I think I was played  ðŸ˜†

But ...today have got 2 kids and wouldn't have it any other way😊

And this last update...seeing a storm brewing...

more later

Originally posted by SunshineBliss

The Taming of the Shrew is what comes to my mind the more I read about II. Really it couldn't have been closer!!  She just has to fight ALL the way through... but isn't that what is giving R&B the kicks! (And us 😉)

But II did not say yes to the Gyn ob visit straight away. Reckless as she may appear, there is a voice of reason fighting somewhere in her.

Good to see II tread carefully there with R&B... when she added the "now" to the no babies clause. Wouldn't want to tick him off too much. Would she?  But again her impulsive nature TOPS all else...

She reminds me of a teeny bit of myself in the past. I didn't want to go the family way straight after  marriage, and my hub just played it by the ear ... actually, in retrospect I think I was played  ðŸ˜†

But ...today have got 2 kids and wouldn't have it any other way😊

And this last update...seeing a storm brewing...

more later

Tell me about it about having kids, i was very reluctant and the once I had one couldn't wait to have another one, if one them was girl, then I would have had third one too. Cant imagine my life without my rugrats.😊
Originally posted by ashu9

Sorry just had to butt into this one...coz i know several desi firangs 🤣.. u know born & brought up here types...and they are such mouses..😆😆..far far far cry from R&B...

Tell me about it, so far I have just met 2 ABCD worth giving a second glance. 
the kid convo continues looks like and ouch deal breaker ðŸ˜­ she is going to be fine and have the 3 kids and drive him mad for sure ðŸ˜†..
in my case after 2 years of marriage the whole world started asking bacha kab bacha kab and phir i got pregnant now i see my cousins waiting a lot longer and nobody questions them no regrets now, though i do feel as much as i love my kids they are a looot of work , so before folks have kids they need to travel extensively, enjoy themselves and be ready.
and when i read the part of pol kholing by Sam all i could hear in my ears was
the old Mahabhaaarat ... Mahabharaarat...Mahabharat poor III OMG what is going to happen to her..😭 the 2 men in her life are sure driving her crazy..
Originally posted by Ranu1234

the kid convo continues looks like and ouch deal breaker ðŸ˜­ she is going to be fine and have the 3 kids and drive him mad for sure ðŸ˜†..
in my case after 2 years of marriage the whole world started asking bacha kab bacha kab and phir i got pregnant now i see my cousins waiting a lot longer and nobody questions them no regrets now, though i do feel as much as i love my kids they are a looot of work , so before folks have kids they need to travel extensively, enjoy themselves and be ready.
and when i read the part of pol kholing by Sam all i could hear in my ears was
the old Mahabhaaarat ... Mahabharaarat...Mahabharat poor III OMG what is going to happen to her..😭 the 2 men in her life are sure driving her crazy..
@ Bold: Absolutely agree on that one!!
@ blue:  ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

@ Bold: Absolutely agree on that one!!
@ blue:  ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

so I really feel II is being right here .. R&B GOK why in such a big rush these 2 i thought need to lead their nomadic life and travel to iceland right 😆