Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Kids these days think South Indian weddings & the prelude to the occasion are rather sober - my daughter seems to think so. will ask her to read this one! πŸ˜Š
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Awesome...Typical fun function... becomes more fun when they pulling each other's legs :-) whatever it is, everything about wedding is fun :-)
Now I can sleep peacefully. I know there will be an update by the time I get up :-) 
This FF has added an other reason to love being in west coast ;-)
Edited by swathi1990 - 9 years ago
SunshineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This is serious fun!😊

I have lived in the south, in blore, the entire india part of my life.. have attended scores of s indian weddings but had no freaking clue that the "girl seeing" thingy was sooo sooo involved!!  You've brought it all out to the forefront...  splendidly! 

Honestly, in real life,  I was never in for this " girl seeing"  business ever...  but when I read it the way you have presented  it... makes me wonder... 

Why didn't my own r&b version come to "see"   me  ... sab kuch phone se nipta liya ..😭 

I think by the time we get to  the end of this marriage saga... Iyer weddings will be the way to go...  I think i'll ask my son to find an IYER girlπŸ˜†...that's my only avenue now   [a looong wait...at 10 now he hates girls - ya much like shravu ] 

Edited by SunshineBliss - 9 years ago
nidhi.b23 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
omg...the chapters are just epic...i was laughing like a fool all the time...family interactions... playfulness... n R&B at his best...tanmay was right.. II will definitely roast him in oven... i could totally visualize II...breathtakingly beautiful... no wonder R&B wants to devour her right there...
the q&a round...ha ha...i literally fell down from sofa...my roommate was looking at me like i come from a different planet... does she sew, cook and top of it does she sing...R&B peetne wala hai baad mai...

i just can't wait for the next update nisha...u r best..i don't have other words to praise you. words will fall short in praising you...
deernav thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: SunshineBliss

Oh I don't think so deernav... the equation does change post marriage... but the excitement factor is completely at the hands of the couple ... I mean do they  want to simply go through the motions or do they want to really live it out .. it's in their hands... don't know if I'm  making sense to you...but  if romance ended with the wedding wows we wouldn't have so many of us much married , 15+ yrs & more,   holding on to this tale πŸ˜Š

while we see R&B II courtship as an awww phase now.. .  their married life will be nothing short of a thriller   - that  Nisha will pull through with great panache

this tale is not ending soon... 

Bold - very true in real life 
 I mean we cant decide what happens in real life but here we can beg Nisha to keep the fire burning..πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
SunshineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: deernav

Bold - very true in real life 
 I mean we cant decide what happens in real life but here we can beg Nisha to keep the fire burning..πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

True that  deernav... fire tho hoga and sath me ROFL bhi hoga... trust Nisha with that..
and now tho just the "girl seeing"  session has started and i'm loosing it already with IYER weddings and all πŸ˜›πŸ˜›
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
the updates were simply awesome...I loved reading all of them...really very well written..hmmm..I really liked reading about II and R&B's escapade..in this stressful time I guess both of them need time off from others and they needed time only with each other, even if the moments are short yet they are so beautiful and magical...an outsider will not understand what R&B, II share yet these two understand each other perfectly well..they really do not need words to express and communicate with each other...I love all of R&B and II's interactions, whether it is when they are fighting or when drowned in their love they are simply too good...I feel the silence between the two of them is also so comforting...really nice...Ranjan's interaction with Ishita was very well written... the scene which had R&B, II and Ranjan, where R&B I guess is aware of the convo between II and his father yet he is not paying attention and yes the way II spoke in Tamil to R&B and the way he understood and added to this Ranjan's knowing smile all this was simply wow...so well portrayed... I guess II will get the father, son closer in the future..I somehow feel the scandal involving Ranjan, which is a black mark on the family I do not know why but my gut feel says that Ranjan was trapped and there is some conspiracy involved here and also around R&B's mother's death...there is surely more to it than what meets the eye...Now next talking about Vandita...she is just too superb..elder sisters are just awesome...they are your partners in crime and your supporters forever...the way Vandita defends II and R&B's relationship, it is so well portrayed...she is one of the main factors who has pushed her parents to consider Raman for Ishita...really nice...talking about II's parents well they have their doubts, but I guess once II and R&B are wedded they will understand Raman is not at all like how they judged him to be...I feel a day would come when II's parents would happily agree that they could not have got a better match than Raman for their daughter Ishita...and if not better than Bala but in the future R&B would be at par with Bala more as a 'Son' rather than 'Son-In-Law' of the Iyer household...loved the surprise for II..not just Sam but everyone had come 'ladki dekhne' and I guess to formalize things and start the wedding preparations rolling...that was simply fantastic...marvelous...the family gathering was total fun and heartwarming...Sam is just too adorable and I already get the vibe that II and Ranjan are going to share a great bond...I am glad that the question of Cultural differences, being a Iyer and Punjabi is diminishing and all together are bonding as one big family, because at the end of the day all are human-beings... finally coming to the bit where we got to see the naughty, sweet, adorable side of Raman Bhalla, like in a arranged marriage he was leaving no stone un-turned in questioning Ishita and teasing her..that bit was simply mind-blowing...I was grinning the whole time reading R&B and II's full-on teasing session, their banter and II giving it back to her Rakshasan was all so lovely...'Does She Sing' this line from R&B to II had me laughing like there's no tomorrow..simply fabulous...I am in complete awe and in love with this story's R&B and II..the story is progressing way too well..keep up the good work going..please do continue soon...waiting to read the next update eagerly...❀️☺️❀️ Edited by MysticRiver - 9 years ago
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Am in awe !! The whole ponnu paakrathu is so much fun. In the south, everyone comes, the families, close and knit, extended families, family friends, not to forget, nosy neighbors, domestic helps, drivers, their families and extended families πŸ€£, Ufff, the list is endless...ALL THIS ONLY TO SEE THE GROOM πŸ€£
What ensues is real riot guys!!! The food part, and then discussions families and the whole question answer sessions, πŸ€£
I really loved all these are incorporated into this wonderful tale by the author...
I simply love the way RB is playing..No wonder he is called trouble by his sisters and they were always in tears πŸ˜†
'I would like to quote, one of my non- IF friends here whom I was discussing all this with in the fore noon, she says RB is "adorably mischievous", and I totally agree πŸ˜³πŸ˜³
I wonder now how, if II gets married to him, she will put up with his antics and live all her life. This guy is something!! I am falling for him each passing day...

kg1404 thumbnail
Wait on a sec!! the last time I checked, I was an iyer!!
N, it's an absolute riot that u r writing here. When, I read about that part, where Noida athai's daughter- in- law wearing the nine yards too, my first reaction was, oh Teri!!yeh tho totally KJo style film dikha rahi hai!!!!!!, seriously N, kuch zyaada yogaya nahi??? , but who is complaining??

what the heck???. It is so so fun to read it. I am thoroughly having fun. My personal experience is nowhere close to what you are writing here, though it was an arranged marraige and later too, I hv spent a decent years of my married life in chennai and Delhi before we moved here and like I said earlier, there's been no typically arranged marraiges in our family , immediate and extended for the last 16 yrs or so , like the one u r writing here for me to compare notes.
I connected with the bala's parents part so well, cos my MIL was gracious and absolutely happy for my little sister when she got married to the guy she liked and no, he is not an iyer!! .I was proud of my MIL, when my sister came up to me and said I hope, my in laws side will be as much engaging as yours is . And what to say of my hubs??He was totally involved as much as I was in my sisters wedding.You brought back nicely cherished memories for me!!

Ha ha, My , My!! R&B , talking so much!!! Isn't he munching too many molaga bajjis (mirch pakoras) for his own good??He is having a whale of a time out here and so am I, Nisha. This is a riot and II is going to have the riot act read to R&B , very soon and the entire water table around matcha marg wouldn't be enough for him soothen his palate!!!
Bring it on!!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†   

And I am in the middle of the night, reading and posting this!!!
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: deernav

Nisha
Bow to Thee!!!

What an amazing convo again..i loved how R n B is enjoying this whole Iyer thing..he s playing along and how cool is he.

This guy cannot exist in real world..n i m in love with him..wish we could give a face to him..

When he asks can she sing..i so imagined II saying vaada rakshasan!! unakku paattu paadi toonga vekkire..
I rofling

The first bold line is so true! This  guy doesnt exist, I need to digest this fact and move on πŸ€£
You remember how we discussed this stuff ...πŸ˜†
Wish toh wish hi reh jaayega re..ab chodo bhi..kisiko bhi imagine karlo...I will advice this only from now πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Second bold line, dude u are hilarious πŸ€£. Toonga vekkirein??????????/ seriously Deepu πŸ€£, I thought u added " PERMAMENTLY TOONGAVEKKIREIN " there πŸ€£