Software Symph 4--Walking to Ranthambore on 146 - Page 46

Posted: 9 years ago
loved the R&B and II interaction in the last and how the Jealousy surfaces..normal and natural.
My question
Somewhere in between" 😳he said without quoting a number, he didnt say 2nd?

so is he lying was Marlese his 2nd or was II expecting 2nd.

Update da..

I was wondering can we have some punjabi speaking too by anyone in the family??
Originally posted by Ranu1234

loved the R&B and II interaction in the last and how the Jealousy surfaces..normal and natural.
My question
Somewhere in between" 😳he said without quoting a number, he didnt say 2nd?

so is he lying was Marlese his 2nd or was II expecting 2nd.

Of course II expected it to be second, coz Marliese cannot be first because he met her  in Paris, 4 years ago, even theoretically if he went steady with his 1st girlfriend from 15 years ago until he met Marliese, the best possibility is for Marliese to be second

But NO, she is a number greater than 10😭
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Of course II expected it to be second, coz Marliese cannot be first because he met her  in Paris, 4 years ago, even theoretically if he went steady with his 1st girlfriend from 15 years ago until he met Marliese, the best possibility is for Marliese to be second

But NO, she is a number greater than 10😭

ah ok.. so II is going to be insecure and R&B will never ever tell her why she is more special than the remaining😆😆 and this will be a fun read may be in their 15th anniversary she will be convinced that only she can handle him 😳 .
Cheer leading & Fan girling

A help knocked on an inside door... she immediately sprung up from the swing...
He didnt complain... he knew she was upset...

He went to get the door "Sir aa gaye hain" he said
R&B had a "So?" kind of look
"Unhoney Maam ka poocha" he hesitated
"Oh! theek hai" he didnt express any feelings in front of the help
She looked for her phone... "Neeche hai kya?'... looking.. she found it on a random side table, 
...the various black boxes under the TV showed 9:48
"Mujhe ghar jaana chahiye" she smiled faintly... She paused by the food tray, and opened the various bowl lids, and located the tiramisu
"2 min?" she asked innocently
He nodded, hands in pocket, leaning on the wall, one foot up... she served herself one, ate a half... and brought it to him "Will you finish this?"
"A good thing should not be wasted" she giggled
He leaned and reached for her lips nodding
"The dessert" she hissed
He kissed her fully... tasting and then swallowing her share.. she ate more from the plate... he reached again... "saari raat yahi khare rahen?' she asked
they realized something at that moment... she didnt belong in the house legally, and she wouldnt do anything illegal...
He reached for her fork and ate a bite...
"do u always eat dessert before dinner?' she asked
"Many times only dessert" he murmured
She set the plate on a table to her side "I can help clean up" "But aaj nahi" she said sheepishly
"Noted" he said
She went first, he leaned and checked his texts...
She returned "Vaa da" she called yanking his tee, he let that hand slide over his arm and grab his left hand

When they reached the ground floor  the stairs lead across the dining area
she quickly let go of his hand, not before Ranjan saw...
"Kab aaye beta?'
"Ummm... 7? 8" she said speechless
She clung to R&B, without holding him... 
Ranjan was a man she met at work for HOURS everyday... yet... "Ummm main ghar ja rahi thi, its good to see u Mr Ranjan" she said politely
"Dad nahi kahogi beta?" he asked
"Ummm... she looked at R&B
He had a "U can say whatever u feel like" look
"Dad" she said softly...
"Khaana khao beta" he invited, it smelled spicy and warm
"We ate, I ate, Italian oopar" she said
"Good. Nice. Aap khao beta" he invited his son
The father son put on a show in front of the young girl
"Its upstairs I have a call, will eat after. Thanks" he said
"Baithogey 10 minute?' he invited
She looked at R&B again
"Arey usko mat dekho.. woh kuch nahi kahega" Ranjan guffawed... "Woh khud baat nahi karta aapko kya mana karega beta?"
"Ummm" she smiled still standing pasted to her guy
"10 mins da?' she begged
He nodded carelessly, she sat on a couch on the side, he sat by her for moral support,
"Appa Amma kaise hain?'
"they are great"
"We cannot wait to have you come here, so raat ko 10 baje jaana nahi pade, aap mujhse baat karo aur bus go up the stairs, short trip" he laughed
She blushed...
"Yahan koi raat ko sota nahi, na yeh na main" he said waving his fork 
Ranjan looked sad...
"When the kids were little we would crave for sleep" "Abhi jitna marzi let jao but neend nahi aati" he said
"Oh? Ummm... Appa and Amma also sleep less"
"Chalo hum oldies hain, yeh kyon nahi sota?" he quizzed his future DIL
"Kabhi bhi nahi?' she asked startled
"Woh tum usko poochho" Ranjan teased
She blushed
She turned to R&B "Really?'
He pulled his left ear phone off "what?'
"U dont sleep at all?"
"I do" he said looking at his Dad...
Ranjan: Aap Friday ko aao, bring your nephew, I will ask Sam to bring the kids saari raat yaha rukna
"Is ghar mein?" she asked startled
"Haan isko Tan ke yaha bhej denge, waise yeh Sat nites poker khelta hai Mihir Tan ke saath oopar "
She felt warm and fuzzy all over... imagining him playing poker upstairs while she hung with Sam... 
he would come get her on one pretext or the other, and she would never go back to Sam
She didnt want to go home tonight... for the first time in 27 years she wanted to stay, the only place outside of Madurai and Akka's...
"Aaj raat ko aap rukne waale bano main abhi Sam ko karta hoon phone
"No Sir nahi" she said
"Arey Dad kahan gaye" he teased
"Ummm...Dad" she said 
"Aap aao ghar par fatafat to raunaq laute betaji" he said his words slurring as he choked "U can be incharge of fun"
II stared down at her phone
"Teeno mein sabse shaitan yeh hai" Ranjan said proudly
REALLY? NO... REALLY? I COULDNT TELL... I MEAN SUCH AN INNOCENT FACE AND SO QUIET AND GENTLE
Rakshasan!
"Iski behnen is se bhaagti hamesha, dono badi hai lekin dono darpok, 
haan Manny ne thoda bahut iska phir bhi challenge liya, Sam to bechaari. Tum bahadur ho. Iski takkar ki ho tabhi" Ranjan gushed
She felt warm and jello like
She turned and gave him a sideways glance and was rewarded with a eyebrows lift.
"Good Grief" I WONT LAST UNTIL THE WEDDING... 
I WILL GO UP IN FLAMES, LIKE A STICK OF MATCH RUBBING AGAINST THE SIDE OF THE BOX... I WILL JUST GO UP IN FLAMES
"Main jaaoon?" she asked politely
"Nahi" said Ranjan firmly smiling
She got up any way, gently clutching his left hand... "Polaam da va" she whispered
Ranjan pretended not to pay attention to the Tamil...
R&B got up.. "He has to give me a ride my things are in his car" she said
"Ofcourse he should beta" he said smiling
He stopped eating and walked to the door, she wore her strewn kolhapuris
"see Iyers have such rich traditions, him to bus mandir mein shoes utaarte hain" he shook his head sheepishly
She waved to Ranjan shyly and clung to R&B immediately

"I am afraid of you" she whispered as they walked to the car (because ur Dad says you are a prankster)
"Only now?' he asked softly
Her insides went for a free fall
AYYYO!! WHAT I SUSPECTED WAS RIGHT HE IS MEAN TRICKSTER 
II, HE WILL BE THE CAUSE OF YOUR DESTRUCTION

The gates were open, it was beginning to drizzle just like every visit of hers... 
for some reason... he screeched out of the driveway and sank into the street

"is that an Embassy?" she asked pointing to a red and black flag as he turned  East out of the house towards Nyaya Marg, " Residence I think...Zambia?" he said
"Have u met the ambassador?' she asked chuckling
"A few times" he said softly, he was driving extra slow tho there was no one on the roads around Diplomatic area.
"Really?' shocked
"They are regular people II" he said "Some grossly unqualified to do their jobs" bluntly
"how mean, agar main celebrity hoti to mere liye bhi yahi kehte na? Sam said I should be in the movies... u wouldnt think its a big deal" she acted offended
He smiled his half smile..
"So are u?" (trying for movies)
"Nooo!!" "Abhi to" (stopped, I AM OBSESSED WITH YOU HOW CAN I EVER?)
"Tch tch!" she heard
"I shud, tumhe meri fiqar to hai nahi, u wont even come see me... my only chance of seeing SRK yet I gave it up" (FOR YOU. PIG!!)
He looked at her and shook his head...
"Whattt? Dont gimme those looks...Haan u dont like him, mujhe maloom hai, koi baat nahi main akele dekh loongi uski movies. 
I have a collage at home it has pictures from every movie of his" giggling
"Does he know u are going to be married now?" he asked silkily
SMUG bas***d...
"No but I will still invite him" she said like a teenager
"Ma loved Amitabh" he said "she watched and read everything about him"
He smiled...
"Did she collect pictures and make collages?" II deamnded

"Probably!" R&B said with a half smile now. He hadnt once entered the master bedroom @ Malcha Marg, 
he hadnt packed her things in the Hong Kong apartment, 
he hadnt gone through one of her possessions. He didnt have the courage... 4 years into it yet he did not 

"Just for THAT i would have loved her" II declared.
"You would have liked her" he said softly.

He dropped her exactly at where did usually and got off and leaned, she turned to look one last time before 
she got off the car, and thats it, he didnt help her, carry her bags.

Amma was on her laptop, she didnt ask where or why she returned later than usual, on a week night... just nodded, and got up
"Sapteya? kanna?" she asked (Did u eat )
"Yes"
"Avathleya?" (AT HIS HOUSE?)
She bent her head and nodded
Parents are SO PERCEPTIVE ... u dont have to say anything THEY JUST KNOW
"Avan vittaana ille driver oda vandeya?" (Did u return with a driver?)
"No no... he.. avane vittaan"
Amma let a nervous breath out... she knew II wouldnt do things to deliberately upset them, 
she also knew II was struggling to contain her joy of being with him, she had gone off to be with him on a week night..
Amma knew a decision had to be made... and made soon

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
Res

-----------------------------
EDITED:

There's something extremely charming in the way R&B treats and handles II.
When she wants him to share dessert, he does so by eating her share, from her lips. When she wants to go down, he lets/makes her drag him along almost. When she looks to him for cues on how to interact with his father, he lets her navigate this waters as she wishes to.
There's this mix of possessiveness, independence, care, empowerment of/for II there... It's so well-balanced and seamless.

Ranjan Bhalla was calling out to his son and soon-to-be-bahu. In that convo, his loneliness comes across like a slap to the face. His son won't talk to him, or acknowledge him. He's hoping at least II coming in will change that. That maybe his bahu won't hate him like his son does. That she'll let him be a part of their life.

Only a mother can be so perceptive. Knowing where her daughter is coming from. And song the joy she's trying to contain within herself.

I have to say this again.
In every small everyday action, you display a plethora of emotions & memories that run very deep.
You are incredible. I wish I that someday I am able to convey so much emotion with so few words. Edited by Arya1991 - 9 years ago
Originally posted by ashu9

She called him AAP 😳
She is one confused soul.. She says PODA in her mother tongue but when it comes to an alien language, she starts using words of respect   🤣 🤣

She is👏
Thanks for catching that🤗
lovely breezy episode ouch i just realized i used the word episode should have said chapter 😆..slowly the dads are being said, the FIL is getting excited and she is imagining sleepovers😳.
Subtle ways they know the that the wedding is for real,
We can all see II will be 1000% loved,cherished ,safe in that house , the fact that R&B stays through the FIL, II convo shows he is going to be a support when the punjabi family descends on her saying she is after his money ..

Also like the way you bought SRK and AB,SRK (the younger one - i couldnt get myself to watch happy new year for some reason, chennai express was fine ) and AB are my all time fav  so i was Cheerleading and fangirling 😆😆😳
My mom is such an AB addict so we were posted in the north and the only movies we watched were his during that period  :-) and so he remains my childhood super hero for life 😃..

Edited by Ranu1234 - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Nisha0604

She is👏
Thanks for catching that🤗

I found it sooo adorable too
Originally posted by SunshineBliss

Am taking  a breather from gushing over R&B to restore my sanity... 

and a few thoughts ...

the first man a girl looks up to   in her life is always the father... and then when u do find a partner, subconsciously somewhere you tend to draw out some similar traits ... perhaps that is what is happening here.. II knows she is her appas baby, his weakness ...  and she senses that gentleness, that care, concern  in R&B despite his devilish approach.  He seems so perceptive, he too  could perhaps have an inkling to what she unknowingly seeks in him..

And R&B listens to her and absorbs all...still waters run deep they say...  

The difference in their jealous streaks being revealed -  glaringly obvious. R&B subtle and II an open book. That's exactly how women are!

R&B is a hard nut to crack... I was baffled when he did not mention Appas visit, and then touched the topic of marriage at the Registrar... what's cooking in his mind? Is he uncertain of Appas decision? Or was he just trying to provoke some reaction from II...  the mystery aura remains...

Your writing has touched so many aspects of delicate relations in such a beautiful manner and all  keeping the fun and romance quotient intact! 👏

Very well written... exactly, he is everything to her, her Appa has been. he knows that now.
He is not overly protective or explicit with any of his emotions, he asked her to fix her car yet he didnt harass her about it... didnt show up at her door at 8 every morning to give her a ride...
Yet he will tolerate her PMSing tantrums and take her home feed her and comfort her for a few hours

This pull for each other is uncontrollable... she will continue to be like this coz she doesnt have the courage to rebel. Hes been a rebel all his life, he will just take her one day and get married in a Arya Samaj Mandir when he loses it. Appa or no Appa... when he decides to do something he will just do it, Appa is a lil intimidated too, he will admit to his wife soon