Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

deepali.rock thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Good Morning Nish.. Have been waiting for you!! Want an update at supersonic speed 😳 Edited by deepali.rock - 9 years ago
modernfamily thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Nisha0604

Sudhi
Not sure if u live in Delhi or not, there are neighborhoods that have greater concentration of South Indian population, like Mayur Vihar Janakpuri and Munirka
The store I mention in this tale Sree Rama Stores carries, sesame oil and shikakai powder
The one I use is Meera Shikakai I think, its a short yellow container
The trick is warm the sesame oil apply all over soak for a few hours and use the shikakai powder which is basically a nut of some sorts... and NOT use soap to wash it off

It stings if it gets in the eye, but has the MOST divine smell when u combine that scent with the scent of the oil...shampoos are a waste... 

Yes I'm very close to munirka. I'm definitely going to try this oil Bath.  I've washed my hair with shikakai a couple of times. And where can I get iyer style lehengas?
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: modernfamily

OMG OMG Nisha check out the Hall of Fame of this forum. You're on number 1.πŸ‘πŸ‘

Awesome

What is Hall of Fame?
Do u have a link
modernfamily thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
http://www.india-forums.com/hall_of_fame.asp?f=854
Nisha0604 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: modernfamily

Yes I'm very close to munirka. I'm definitely going to try this oil Bath.  I've washed my hair with shikakai a couple of times. And where can I get iyer style lehengas?

Sudhi
U should probably go to Raasi Silks in South Ex ring Rd and or Nalli... I DONT think they may carry adult size lehangas in kanjeevaram silk or the cotton-sungudi (soong-oo-dee)pattern (which Madurai is famous for). I have seen ready made bits for girl children two meters lengths etc
I have two boys so never had to buy any for female kids

Those are your best bet

If you know of a fabulous designer, you could invest the money Rs.4,000-Rs. 8,000 and buy a rich kanjeevaram saree in those traditional color combos

Mustard-Red
Cobaly blue-red
Mango orange-green
Pink-magenta

Anu might know more...

And take it to your tailor/designer and have them sew it for you

YT might even have patterns and such

Dawani is the half saree, you can find silk material for it, I buy those for chudidars etc upstairs at Nalli
nidhi.b23 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

What is Hall of Fame?
Do u have a link

congrats nisha...u deserve it aptly...
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Sudhi
Its been years since I moved out of India, I only go to Delhi every year, I dont have family I am close to in Chennai so never go there, oh Gosh! the last time I went to Chennai was in 2006

I am also not caught up in the DEE-JY-NER craze that seems to have gripped all of India... every damn thing has to be some dee-jy-ner crap
We grew up wearing material bought off store shelves and sewn simply... even the same for wedding sarees, Nalli..
If you have access to Chennai, I BET YOU you can find adult kanjeevaram lehanga material cut to size with blouse and dawani enclosed in the package
Go to Nalli in South Ex sometime and check it out may be they already do...
Parandi? I have no idea where you would get in Delhi, the Iyer style I mean... and the jhumkas which we call kodai (umbrella) ones are signature Tamil Nadu... kinds... there are 100s of imitation jewelry stores in Pondy Bazar in Chennai you could get your entire haul there all 1 gram gold so it wont even fade

Again I will channel Anu she probably knows way more, she has a 8 year old...

Nisha0604 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: SunshineBliss

So many different emotions packed in one page length chapter!!! Only you can do it

From the anguish, turmoil, nervousness,  excitement at the Iyers to R&B's anguish and turmoil - yes repeating myself again...it's another masterpiece... the subtle pointer at R&B and his moms bond, him  wearing her last purchase, the temple at 5AM,  ...  hit a chord

And not to forget the lil crumbs that's you are leaving in your chapters clearing the way to free Ranjan off his scandal

You have only your writing to surpass...

What a lovely thing to say

I am honored you think so highly of it
Imagine if ALL of you belonged to some clique or the other and read it but never commented or complimented because of some prejudice or the other
Where would this story be?On page 8 or 10...
On a Forum like YHM which is most likely the busiest on IF😲... if this topic shows on Page one HOUR after HOUR, for an entire month... it IS because of you all...And for THAT, this glory belongs to you allπŸ‘
Thanks for being fair, objective AND giving credit when its dueπŸ‘πŸ‘

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anu AND KG are being summoned for making SoSy girls look like II
Any other Tamizh penmanis that can offer this advice is also appreciated... Banana Ishra? Ashu?