SW Symph 3-"I am Sam" on 139 - Page 48

Posted: 9 years ago
Nisha... this just keeps getting better and better.  Life got me busy so i wasn't able to enjoy this properly and I come and read and I feel like I've bee  on a roller coaster ride...  😊

I really admire the tempos and mood switches in  each chapter and how beautifully you handle, craft and balance between them.  What I love about your writing is that it's never OTT... always beautifully written and described and right at the edge of the emotion without seeming cliche .

I love the little peeks into R&B's mind- you really keep him mysterious in the best of ways and I love it.  But his  concerns and inner battles read so genuine- I appreciate that he isn't shown to have a 'eureka moment' so to speak but rather going to the process of  evaluating and understanding to get to his realization- very realistic.  I think that's the word I use most when I describe your work but I just can't think of a better compliment for this... or a better way to describe why it has such a pull for me and I'm sure so many others as well.

I also really appreciate your little insights in to both sets of parents' minds... and your description of the chocolate cake comparison honestly made me laugh because  @ some point I think I relayed  that that's how i feel about this story.

Things are finally at a heads now and I am so excited to see what's next for all of them.  Seems everything is out in the open for the most part on II's side at least and it's a beautiful place  for her to be really.  She needs to go through that to get to the other side and I am eager to see how she gets there.

Terrific job, as always. And thank you very much for taking us on this beautiful journey.πŸ€—
Edited by RomComFan - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Nisha0604

She has behaved differently in every way from the women he has known thus far...
Her education, her boldness, her self confidence, her constant chatter...her passion for singing, her sense of humor, her hitting it out of the park smartness at work, daring to take him on... no he doesn't picture himself as a scary demon or anything, but she is not afraid to speak up... he also knows she is inexperienced and vulnerable. She didnt go "All the way".All the women he has dated thus far never "depended" on him for emotional support. This one does... he senses it and doesn't know what to do.😳

But...

He has driven her away completely today... when he realizes he has is when he will do something about it...
Eager to see R&B winning her back. πŸ˜Š
Originally posted by Seriousreader

Eager to see R&B winning her back. πŸ˜Š

You bet that's the bit I'm waiting for as well...😊.

This is a simple yet such an intelligent story, unravelling the many layers of human emotions, different psyche ...all so  beautifully articulated...  The thin line between fiction and real is blurring with every update here

Originally posted by Nisha0604

Tum log dhyaan se nahi padhteπŸ˜†
Exam mein Q pakka hoyega dekh lo😲

R&B addresses Vandu as Vandita
So when Bally said her name that way she was startled😳

PAdhte hain baba...I also knew she was tginking of him only... But wabted to clear my doubt di..
Exams eh.. Dont even get me started
Originally posted by kg1404

Oh! BTW forgot to mention,
"That one was for KG she had asked yesterday if I had forgotten about "II's plan" to payback R&B for sabotaging Sree's funding request

NO
THIS Iyer never forgets a work mission
She is AS merciless and ruthless as him if not MORE"

Dear N,
Why am I not surprised?? Cos I knew that my answer would come only as part of the story. Thank you.
You wrote in one of your comments that a good story will make you want to be one of the characters. I like R&B ,but am I sold on him??Hell, ,no. And why??
Software symph is as real as it can get. Period.
Amma, Appa, periappa, vandu, Bala, shravu, vandu's in laws, Bally, Suman, , Mihir, manny, Sam, Tanmay, nandu,, Ranjan and heavens , even the hedge and haj wala guard Banda , are all people , we hv come across in our lives at some point or the other but R&B , Nisha,is only the one fictional character that u hv penned in your unreally real story. Sree, Ashwin , yes I can relate, but your hero is what labels your story as 'fiction'.

N, I am not trying to play the devils advocate here, but R&B is not without contradictions.He is this silent summa laude cool guy, soft spoken when he decides to speak , respects his staff, sensitive to the point of pulling in vandu away from the elevator door,but contradicts himself when it comes to II. He knows, she has not been around enough, has got enough insights abt her family bk ground to understand that he could hurt her if he leaves her in the lurch. He asks vandu if II is not marrying sree but doesn't hesitate to Coochie coo with her at godamn every available opportunity. For me , he needn't be any of what I mentioned above,but needs to be aware of hurting II really bad , given how much they hv come along in this whatever name you choose to call this relationship as. N,You are so true to your words and are putting II really thru the wringer. I feel absolutely gutted .

Ha ha , there is another reason , I am not flat on R&B is that he wears cargos most times.

You know, N, this Mrs.Moorthy is standing in right in front of my eyes as one Mrs.Parthasarathy. So the inside dope on this is like this, in 1998 , when my folks were on the lookout for suitors for me,there were these two guys I met ,before my dashing husband came along . The first one gave me the creeps, I reacted like how any other girl would to a guy in threadbare jeans sporting a single red ear stud,and yes , no kidding here,marudaani (mehendi)in one Hand and a bluish nail paint in the other . I felt completely nauseous by the time he left. I had a good reason , not to talk to my parents for a wk. And in the second match,,this above mentioned Mrs. P comes home with her son and all the army bk drop ,one fine day and throws in front of me , the pricey air that you weaved in your story .I must say , her handsome son was real nice, almost embarrassed of his mom. Phir kahanni thi yeh ki although it was a go from their side, I just did not have it in me to say yes to him cos I just could not connect with his mom as marraige comes along with the family. Needless to say, my no this time, left my Appa fuming and gave me a cold shoulder for the entire wk.
Today , I hv a beautiful family complete with my early teen daughter and also hv a mother in law, I absolutely adore and respect and on a few days (when I am at daggers with my husband and feel absolutely murderous ), I love her more than him.

Mrs Moorthy and all these characters. r how real your story is and that's the readers connect, my friend.

Keep connecting!!

KG.. I really cracked up on the "red ear stud, marudani and bluish nail pain "wala line.. I felt nauseatic when I was reading only.. Can totally undersatbd how you must have felt..
Rofl [:))]
Hey Nisha! I am Soujanya! I think its finally time I make a post on here! I am junior in college and my semester just started, and the crazy weather here (I HATE snow), I should be used to snow by now but I still don't like it. Anyways I LOVE LOVE LOVE your work! Seriously when I first read it, I was like what in the world is this, you know just so different, but it grew on me, now I literally read an update just after you post it. You can see that I like it right away. Your page is always open on my phone, and laptop (even while I am in class, shame as a student I know)! But seriously this is something so different, and I love the format, its so real. I can totally imagine all this in my head, my mom would go insane if I did half the things II did with R&B ( I'm from an Iyengar family)! πŸ˜† I grew up in the US but my mom has drilled all the "rules" into my head since childhood! πŸ˜† Coming back to the story, I just LOVE it, what else can I say. It has become a daily ritual for me to check for your updates, just like how I check my email constantly. Your story is super addictive. I think you should turn this into a movie script, seriously this such a unique love story, people would go crazy after it! It would be another one of those path-breaking movies, instead of the same shit they sell us for every story these days! Anyways just wanted to finally post a comment here, because I could not stop myself. I am definitely a regular reader, but I might not comment as often, generally because I don't find the time. But thank you for writing this, it has been a thrill ride for me so far! I can't wait to read more! 
PS: I find myself day-dreaming about your story at times, need to work on not doing that. Must focus on school work! πŸ˜†
Edited by Vsoujanya - 9 years ago
Slf doubt and other doubt. Beautifully crafted.
Waiting for the next!!
Originally posted by Vsoujanya

Hey Nisha! I am Soujanya! I think its finally time I make a post on here! I am junior in college and my semester just started, and the crazy weather here (I HATE snow), I should be used to snow by now but I still don't like it. Anyways I LOVE LOVE LOVE your work! Seriously when I first read it, I was like what in the world is this, you know just so different, but it grew on me, now I literally read an update just after you post it. You can see that I like it right away. Your page is always open on my phone, and laptop (even while I am in class, shame as a student I know)! But seriously this is something so different, and I love the format, its so real. I can totally imagine all this in my head, my mom would go insane if I did half the things II did with R&B ( I'm from an Iyengar family)! πŸ˜† I grew up in the US but my mom has drilled all the "rules" into my head since childhood! πŸ˜† Coming back to the story, I just LOVE it, what else can I say. It has become a daily ritual for me to check for your updates, just like how I check my email constantly. Your story is super addictive. I think you should turn this into a movie script, seriously this such a unique love story, people would go crazy after it! It would be another one of those path-breaking movies, instead of the same shit they sell us for every story these days! Anyways just wanted to finally post a comment here, because I could not stop myself. I am definitely a regular reader, but I might not comment as often, generally because I don't find the time. But thank you for writing this, it has been a thrill ride for me so far! I can't wait to read more! 
PS: I find myself day-dreaming about your story at times, need to work on not doing that. Must focus on school work! πŸ˜†

THANKS SOUJANYA!

SO VERY MUCH

See we need to TRY new things, we never know what we may fall in love with right?πŸ˜ƒ

I am thrilled u have my page on your phone, its the greatest honor... JUST FAB

ONE person approached me over PM, I have no idea if it was even a credible source so I didnt pursue it

I am happy with where I have it right now, yes I am seriously pursuing publishing, I will hopefully be able to get that done before thinking of selling it as a script.

I deliberately kept the first few parts edgy and off beat... its like getting on a train mid way... u discover the past, present and future AS u move towards the destinationπŸ˜ƒ

liked the little insight into R&B's mind...he is really at loggerheads with his dad...i love his rational mind...weighing each and every point about II...he is really in a fix...
i'm waiting for the day when he will win her back...that one sentence of yours made my day...
Originally posted by RomComFan

Nisha... this just keeps getting better and better.  Life got me busy so i wasn't able to enjoy this properly and I come and read and I feel like I've bee  on a roller coaster ride...  😊

I really admire the tempos and mood switches in  each chapter and how beautifully you handle, craft and balance between them.  What I love about your writing is that it's never OTT... always beautifully written and described and right at the edge of the emotion without seeming cliche .

I love the little peeks into R&B's mind- you really keep him mysterious in the best of ways and I love it.  But his  concerns and inner battles read so genuine- I appreciate that he isn't shown to have a 'eureka moment' so to speak but rather going to the process of  evaluating and understanding to get to his realization- very realistic.  I think that's the word I use most when I describe your work but I just can't think of a better compliment for this... or a better way to describe why it has such a pull for me and I'm sure so many others as well.

I also really appreciate your little insights in to both sets of parents' minds... and your description of the chocolate cake comparison honestly made me laugh because  @ some point I think I relayed  that that's how i feel about this story.

Things are finally at a heads now and I am so excited to see what's next for all of them.  Seems everything is out in the open for the most part on II's side at least and it's a beautiful place  for her to be really.  She needs to go through that to get to the other side and I am eager to see how she gets there.

Terrific job, as always. And thank you very much for taking us on this beautiful journey.πŸ€—
TOTALLY FANGIRLING IS ALL I ASK FORπŸ˜›
THANKS SO VERY MUCH