Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Part 106
The Devil & his consort

R&B glanced at her, did not pause or look at exchange any meaningful message with her, 
she wore a black and white kalamkarti kurta with a Nehru collar and a white churidar, her hair braided up higher and wore a black kajal bindi like an arrow
Ominous sign? Maybe...😳

She saw his watered down pink cotton shirt as thin as muslin, reflecting the white vest underneath... he could be wearing a garbage bacg and he would look sexy☺️, carelessly tucked in at some places and left out at others😳 as if tucking it all in would be too much work☺️
She told herself

"EPPO VANDEY? "when did u come?" she ran to hug Vandu🤗
Vandu hugged her stiffly, turned and saw the elevator door close on a inscrutable R&B, he had both his ear buds on now😳

"A while ago" Akka muttered😡
"Let me show u my cube ka" she dragged her
Found an attendant in the marble hallway, "Akka ke liye chai laaogey kya please, nahi ruko Perk se milkshake... aao mere cube mein"
"No kanna I ate veggie puffs, pastries, cookie and some almond dessert" Aka said SMUGLY😳😆😉
"Where?" II asked annoyed😭
"R&B vaangi kuduthan he bought stuff" Akka said🤣
II turned red "Why did u eat with him when u were coming to see ME" II was offended😡
"I didnt come to see u" 😈Akka said as they entered her large-r cube... with emails and reports stacked everywhere.. 
and two huge 27 in monitors and her Apple iMac open and glowing at a distance... Shravu and her pictures everywhere...😳
Her Grad school commencement photo, both IIM and GT... and some goofy Madurai pictures and Delhi winter pictures in bed with Appa watching Sun TV
Making faces😆

A wall had lots of pictures...
Akka browsed... not talking...
"Idu eppo eduthadu?" "when was this taken?" she asked
"2012 June Madurai trip" II said cheerfully
"II found her purse and handed the guy Rs.500, do vanilla milk shake" she smiled
"Bhayya mere waale mein zyaada whipped cream😳" (YA II IS NOT A FUFU fat free milk free calorie free  sugar free chick👏)
He smiled and left...
"Lunch enna kudutha Amma?" Vandu asked😳
"MMM... shimla mirch paneer and roti" II said😆
"How are u feeling ka" II hugged...😳

"Akka looked at the pictures and and asked "Nee avan kitta sonneya nee Sree Kalyanam pannikka poren nu?" "Did u tell the guy u will marry Sree?"😡
II dropped the cordless mouse...🤣
"He told u that in the elevator?" II asked sarcastically😡

Akka turned, her eyes were bloodhsot... Akka didnt get angry much... errmm... a lot with Bala and a ... lot-er with Shravu😆... but with II... she adored II
But today II will get a taste of Akka's gussa😡

"No I asked him if he will marry you and he told me taking two husbands is illegal in India" Akka bit out each word😡
II was a glorious red☺️

"Marry ME?" II croaked

"Well he cant marry ME ille? Bala will kill him" Akka joked without smiling😳
Bally walked in

"arey wah Iyer ke cube mein visitor?" 
"Yeh le yaar I looked at Dilshad Garden system reports nothing jumps out at me, East ka pehla showroom hai na, installation ke liye... so anyway Ashwini is all upbeat, tu bhi check kar le"
He left a stack of paper reports

Turned to smile at Vandita... II was still red and almost choking...

Her mind channeling that image of her as an Iyer bride from four? five Sundays ago... 
when Appa was talking to her in her room and she was putting press waala clothes away... 
she felt R&B's fingers on her toes, as he pushed the tuby mettis/toe rings on her long toe, his hair slipping to his forehead, bending down at her feet...
Her other hand held in a scooped grip... firm grip... like he will never let her go... she would carress 
that toe with the big toe when he would be done, or think he was done, only to find his fingers with it... she choked... gasping for air

"Hey, Vandan? Vandu?" Bally gushed
Vandita composed her expression and smiled half heartedly

"U must think its a 21st century tech firm, aur dekho ek poora ream paper ka chhodne aaya banda" Bally laughed "Yahan hum KUCH kaam 18th century mein rehkar karte hain" "Baldev Gupta" he said
"Ofcourse I met u at Ankur's sports meet, Shravu was in cross country, yaad hai inter school?" Vandu recalled
"Oh teri! U have a great memory, Suman se kabhi nahi milna please, meri yeh aapse request hai..."
"Yaad hai KV IIT mein hua tha meet" Vandu continued
He held Vandu's hands and looked at II "Dekh Iyer ise kehte hain memory"
"II nodded fearfully... afraid whats coming after Bally leaves...

AYYO NANNA MAATTINDE, AKKA WENT AND ASKED THE GUY TO MARRY YOU
RAKSHASAN!! HE TOLD HER HE "WOULD" IF II WAS NOT MARRYING SREE
RAKSHASAN... LIKE HE EVER PROPOSED TO ME...
AYYO
NOT ONCE HE HAS SAID ANYTHING TO "ME"
HE TELLS AKKA I WUD HAVE MARRIED HER IF SREE WAS NOT...
HOW ABOUT TELL AKKA "Well I cant marry her because I cant take a wife to Paris to the house my GF is IN"
She felt sad and teary... HOW DARE HE...

"II to Mars mein rehti hai aajkal, Good to meet u... aaj Ankur ka cast utar raha hai, 
Suman mujhe  woh cast chadha degi main chalta hoon, le jao isko ghar, office mein padi rehti hai 70 ghante hafte mein" Baldev ordered Vandita
"Haan ghar le jaakar iska keema banane aayi hoon main" Akka said bluntly

"Iyer log keema bhi khaate hain?" Ballya sked
"Majboori mein keema... falooda sab khaana padta hai" she smiled
"Oh BTW, suna hai aap isko phir maasi bana rahe ho?" Bally asked returning
Vandu smiled shyly... "Congrats, khaana mithai, kuch nahi aaya Iyer ke ghar se"
Akka took her phone out and asked for his number, texted her address and said she will call suman for dinner over the weekend
Baldev gave II a "look"
"Shaadi karo aur jaldi se have babies, I need dinner and lunch invites kiddo" he tapped her head and waved and left

"Karegi na shaadi sapne mein to a man who she doesnt like.." Akka hissed

"WHY DID U ASK HIM TO MARRY ME?" II shrieked
"WHY? Do I have toa sk u EVERYTHING?" akka demanded
The attendant brought their milkshakes, she let him have the change

Akka said, "lets go to an empty conf room, they found one in the center island... a 4 seater one... Akka shut all the blinds and the door and leaned on it
"ETHANA POI ISHITA?" "Why SO MANY LIES?"

II leaned on the blinds... red and ashamed

YOU DID NOT LOOK AT Sree yesterday... OR THIS MORNING (his flight was cancelled he didnt 
leave until Noon so he came by in the morning too, before II left for work from Akka's house, will update on that later)

R&B sticks to u like GLUE when u come to Munirka... have u noticed the way he LOOKS at you? or u think everyone is blind?" Akka demanded
II mumbled shocked

"Are u two dating?' akka asked
"NOOO DID HE SAY THAT?" II demanded
DO NOT ARGUE, AND DO NOT BAD MOUTH HIM" Akka hissed
" Did he say"
"Shut up Ishita... uve been seeing him havent you?" Akka asked
"NO I HAVE NOT... NOT ONE DATE AKKA" II expressed grief... despair HE HAS NOT TAKEN ME ANY PLACE ROMANTIC HE HAS NOT 
LOOKED AT ME LIKE I AM THE ONLY ONE, HE NEVER BOUGHT FLOWERS FOR ME HE SENT ME A BUNCH OF BOOKS TOLD ME HE WANTS TO MAKE LOVE TO ME IN WRITING... IN WRITING
SLEPT IN MY BED... ATE ALOO MATAR...

"Not one date na... uve seen him outside of dates?" Akka asked
"A couple times... when I went to pick Shravu up" II said
"Ayyyoo Kanna... why did u create this house of cards... he came home didnt he when Periappa had an AIIMS apptt?" Akka asked
II began to cry... and nodded
Akka went up and hugged her

"he was really mean to me at work... and he came to apologize"

"Shhh... shhh" Akka consoled... cajoling her "No kanna... no da" please
"He is a devil.. he is a rotten devil" II ranted
"Did he spend the day with u?" Akka probed

II nodded deafeatedly, savoring the best Saturday of her life

"Shhh...u told him u will marry Sree? Why? Did he ask u to marry him?" Akka asked

II turned crimson... "Noo" "Noo" "Not once" she mumbled sobbing

"WHY DID U SAY U were getting married?"

"Because he is a dog.. he has a French girlfriend... some say she is older, he has a on again off again or an OPEN (air quotes) relationship
and that he is a nomad and will never settle down, and doesnt even live in India, 
since he cannot live without sex I am his sex toy" II sobbed into her Akka's shoulder

Akka froze in shock
NO... SHE IS WRONG R&B IS NOT LIKE THAT... Ishita thinks like THAT about him? Akka's gut was not willing to hate him...
Akka held her face and asked
"When did he tell u that?"

"HE DIDNT" II sobbed, his sister did
"SAM? SAM DID?" akka asked
"Ille Manny" Ii sobbed
Akka looked confused...
"His other sister Manny"
"she TOLD YOU?" akka asked
"No she told Tan... Tanmay at the baby's party she said wiping her tears,
The whipped cream had watered down, she just drank the leaking milkshake furiously giving herself a milk moustache

"IS THAT WHY YOU GOT SO SICK?' Akka asked dumbfounded
Akka sat down... "Thats why u did didnt u? The Doctor asked me if u are in a relationship" Akka recalled
II blushed gloriously
"Is it physical?" Akka asked seeing her go red..
Akka reached for a spot on her ear tip and didnt touch... just let her shocked finger drop
"You have love bites" she said staring at her shy sister

"I mean... no... I mean... yes... but not... I mean.."II fumbled and stumbled and gasped.. "Akka I am unable to think straight" she begged

"He knocked your socks off?" Akka asked startled...
"I feel unsteady and light headed when we fight... he is very persuasive" II said HONESTLY

Ii stood up turning away hiding her face and ear, letting out a lock over it

Akka walked behind her... turned her around...

"So it is him... thats been causing u to be so deviant... and a compulsive liar... did HE send the silk pouch to me?" she asked
II nodded feebly... sitting down
Akka wiped her tears and held her face...
Akka looked baffled "Ayyo he is a devil" "isnt he?"
II's heart expanded in her chest 5 times the size, choking her...

"Why are u trying to hurt him so mercilessly?" Akka whispered on her face held in Akka's hand
"Because I hate him" II said, as if any other answer would be like baring it all and she wouldnt even bare it ALL to HERSELF
"Thats what I thought" Akka said... letting go of her face

"what a mess kanna" Akka fumed... "Your Rakshasan is the proverbial devil" "AND U ARE HIS CONSORT" Akka said angrily

nividances thumbnail
Part 105:
He really just doesn't get fazed by much does he? Or maybe he does and he's just really good at hiding it? 😕 But kuch bhi kehlo, he is definitely internally affected by her announcement of marriage to Sree. Kahin na kahin to jal raha hai thoda sa. 😆 And he finally admitted indirectly that he has at least thought about THEM being together. 
Poor Vandu...she's not understanding how she could possibly be wrong. But of course, II toh khud ke hi pair pe kulahdi maar kar baithi hai 😡
Vandu's plans went down the drain, but at least he didn't outright reject the proposal. He just truthfully revealed to her about II announcing her marriage to Sree. Matlab, there's hope!
Btw Vandu shouldn't give up so easily because without her and Sam secretly pushing II-R&B together, there's no hope.
His google search is something that I also did...beautiful pics. I can only foresee how amazingly you will describe their wedding. Can't wait for it, but lots to happen before that!
Edited by nividances - 9 years ago
nividances thumbnail
All her lies finally came out...
You hinted at how her house of cards was going to fall soon and it finally did. Loved it Nish, but what's the next bomb that you're going to explode?
I see that we are going to get a glimpse into the Sree-II meeting from earlier than morning, but when are Amma-Appa finally going to be let into the circle of truth? I don't foresee that revelation going as smoothly as this one did.
nividances thumbnail
Phew! Finally all caught up for now. 😊
Congrats once again on the thread 3 Nish...and more than 100 parts. 👏 

When I started reading I never expected to get so hooked onto this story, nor did I expect it to turn out so elegant and composed. Truthfully, I was a little confused/unimpressed by your writing style when I read the first chapter, but you've really grown on me as a writer in this short time. I'm sorry for underestimating you earlier (even if it was just in my head). *kaan pakde*
It was one of my better decisions to both start and continue reading though because you totally proved that you can't judge a book by its cover. Hidden behind the imperfect sentence structure and grammar is a solid story that stands on its own.

I'm running out of adjectives to describe your story with so I think a Google search is warranted...I'll be back with a whole new arsenal of words in my future comments. 😆
Kiranmai1232007 thumbnail
Next what happend to ii and rb and vandu said lost word to ii is yu are the rb wife vandu said that what happend next in story
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

Phew! Finally all caught up for now. 😊
Congrats once again on the thread 3 Nish...and more than 100 parts. 👏 

When I started reading I never expected to get so hooked onto this story, nor did I expect it to turn out so elegant and composed. Truthfully, I was a little confused/unimpressed by your writing style when I read the first chapter, but you've really grown on me as a writer in this short time. I'm sorry for underestimating you earlier (even if it was just in my head). *kaan pakde*
It was one of my better decisions to both start and continue reading though because you totally proved that you can't judge a book by its cover. Hidden behind the imperfect sentence structure and grammar is a solid story that stands on its own.

I'm running out of adjectives to describe your story with so I think a Google search is warranted...I'll be back with a whole new arsenal of words in my future comments. 😆

Not at all Nivi

I deliberately CHOSE a style that would begin at a random afternoon at Zurich airport and a random morning at Sector 12 RK Puram

Most English paperback fiction Ive read begin in a laid back racy style of a normal conversation
I wanted to mimic that

I didnt want to do a HUGE family introduction like Hum Aapke Hain Kaun with the family dog and such😆... I decided to explain things ON THE GO
Who ever gets on the train will discover things along the way

Its the joy of reading a "continuing story" whats the joy in telling everything upfront
There is no excitement😕

THANK  YOU THANK YOU😃
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: mnr123

Part 106 - Awesome 😊

Thanks Meghz😃
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

Ok I have a lot of catching up to do with my comments. 😛
For thread 2 updates.

Part 100:
I am falling more and more in love with the Shravu-II jodi...they are so damn cute/adorable! She's totally a doting aunt to her nephew but yet questions if she can be a good mother...go figure. 😕

You left it off at a huge cliffhanger but I can just go to the next part. Benefit of reading late and having to catch up. 😆

She is a natural with kids she is EXTREMELY INSECURE BY NATURE. She feels if she has a child she wil be unable to be a good employee, and a good mother. We all have our doubts nahi? She has BIG ones... plus some where deep down Subbu's words could have affected her too... she must be thinking she will have a touch challenge trying to raise a less than perfect child while loving her career SO MUCH? She is not mahaan in any way...

Part 101:
Scalene triangle! 🤣 
Bande ko 2 words bolne nahi pade ki madam pinghal gayi...I knew she was a goner before, but now it's confirmed, totally lost case she is. 😛
The babysitting sesh was much better than I expected. Thank you for that! 😊

IKR... he fills and nourishes and strokes her soul... she will never tell him... but she ONLy wants him to know when she is upset, she could have pretended it didnt hurt her, he is involved with M anyway... its not like she has ANY claim on him😉 yet she chose to communicate he had hurt her... she WANTS HIM TO KNOW EVERYTHING☺️... its an uncontrollable urge... everything except HOW she feels about him... if he discovers THAT then there will be no  hiding😳

Part 102:
Oh dear god...Sree is at Vandu's? At 10:30 pm on a Sunday night when everyone has school/work the next day?? Seriously?
Never have I been more thankful to be catching up...yeh kaisa cliffhanger tha! 

Yep, a teepeecal Desi night... I ve seen many of my parents friends stop by at 10 PM or after when I am visiting, ALL THEY WOULD WANT is to SEE my kids😭... My Mom would be afraid to ask me... I would be so happy I would take them inside...
I will turn on the tube light on my snoring jet lagged kids, the visitors will stand there and gush for a few minutes... whisper... and leave "Oh the older one is taller" "Oh the younger one looks so naughty" I mean just seeing the boys would make then happy😭😳
 Years outside India YET I havent been able to shed the Indian in me😭

I GET CHOKED UP when I say that... U get UNCONDITIONAL love in India😭

Part 103:
He agreed with Vandu that II is a brat. 😆
Uske peeche peeche khada raha..."like he's some 3 yr old kid" 😛 So cute. 
Akka is very perceptive...more than Sam for sure.
Chalo, at least now the truth about his double CMU degree is out.
I don't like Sree...he's too ?? Idk...pushy? But in the indirect kind of way...which just makes it more annoying.

Btw, the part about Bournvita was a nice touch. In our house, we usually make badam ka milk with kesar. 😊

Nivi typical middle class Iyer houses, badam and such is a luxury only saved for payasam/kheer, Bournvita is a nightly staple☺️ Nuts  are a "Wealthy people" snack in India... I know of many that would lock up cashews snd raisins in their Godrej... NO I am not kidding... u have kids they would snack on them and it would all be gone in 10 mins😭... at the cost of $10-$15 a lb... its definitely NOT  a middle class snack😡

More in a bit when I read the updates from thread 3. 😃

swaram thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Whoa. This is definitely turning out to be a roller coaster! Loved Vandu's straight forward approach. Way to go Vandu Akka.Glad she now knows the truth. Is R&B still undecided about their relationship? Does he realize it is love. I am not sure as we haven't known his thoughts. Can we know what goes on his mind in one of the upcoming updates or do you think it will spoil the fun? Either way, it is definitely worth the ride:)
kg1404 thumbnail
Just imagine vadivelu here, saying 'nondi nongu eduthuttangappa, eduthuttangappa'
Haha, vandu used the slimmest of fingers to dig out II, just the same way one uses their tiniest of fingers to eat the nongu.