Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indraajeet thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
400 years lifespan in Dwapara Yuga!
well, these are Puranik ideas ... later ones ... obvious motive is to glorify the past ... when we believe in these things, it is the same psychology working in us ... the more the present appears to be frustrating, the more we tend to cling on to such beliefs ...
regarding ancient India, is there any other authentic source than the RigVeda? There ... the Rshis want 100 year lifespan ... so, where does this 400 year stuff come all of a sudden?
And regarding Yugas ... let me reiterate ... the alternative Yuga theory propounded by Kunti, Bhisma and Utanka is more rational ... I go by it ... the Puranik concept makes no historical sense ... anyway, if anyone wants to go by belief ... it is a matter of choice ...
regarding Abhimanyu's 16 years ... I suggest pl don't take this 16 matter literally ... Abhimanyu is deeply connected with Soma/Moon ... he is Somavamshi, he is said to be Varchha's incarnation etc ... now, the number 16 is a mystic number ... 16 kala of Moon etc ... there is plenty of 8 and 16 in Mbh .. I have an article on that ... "why Vyasa kills Krishna at the 16th Parva" ... it is at boloji ...
some 16 and 8 -
1) Karna and Arjuna fight on the 16th day of Draupadi's svayamvara ...
2) Krishna dies at the 16th parva ... Musala Parva ...
3) Karna dies at the 8th parva ... Karna Parva ...
4) Krishna is 8th born ... born premature at the 8th month of Devaki's pregnancy ... he is born on Ashtami (8th day of Moon's phase) ... he has 8 main wives ...
5) Mbh has 8008 kuta-slokas ... all 8 ...
6) Mbh is written mostly in Anustup Chhanda ... 8 syllables in each line ... and a couplet has 16 syllables ...
These are not accidental or coincidental ... the Mbh poet/s incorporated the mystic 8 and 16 in the Mbh narrative ... Abhimanyu's 16 years age is similar ...
The upanishads throw light on the mystic 16 .. I have mentioned that in my article ... pl read Brhadaranyaka and Chhandogya to find the significance of 16 ...
regards
Indrajit
soumya04 thumbnail
Originally posted by: indraajeet

@ Ashwini_D 

it is our wretched tendency to villainize Duryo that obscures these subtle matters from our eyes ... time to remember that Vyasa was not a hindi film/serial director portraying a flat and simplistic Good vs. Evil narrative ... time to bid good bye to our misconceptions about Duryodhana ... he was a great hero and king ... only he was not suitable to Krishna's Dharma-Rajya because he had tyrannous tendencies ... therefore he had to go ...

it is thus, that a later poet send Duryodhana to Heaven ... and Bhasa and Bharavi portray Duryodhana in very positive light ...

regards
Indrajit

duryodhan was also a great king, then what was dharma- rajya for krishna that he found pandavas more suitable? 
DrShindeSweety thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Why is Dury being called King here? Was he crown prince or King? Dhritarashtra was king until the end.
ritwik.rahul thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
sir the rape of draupadi and vasuki having relationship with draupadi...and with a hunchback servant...
are these stories true and authentic???
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: indraajeet

Arjuna represents the Balance of Purushaarthas ... it is also the Balance of Male and Female or Masculine-Feminine in him ... one manifestation of that is his napunsak form .. actually, it is not neuter gender, but it is an entity in which both the Masculine and Feminine parts are highly activated ... it is same as Ardhanaariishvara ... that is why Shhiva gives him the Pashupat ... literally, Pashupat means "Lord of Beasts" .. metaphorically it means "tamer/controller of the beastly side in one's self" ... Arjuna with Balance of Masculine and Feminine is the true tamer/controller of the beast in him ...

It is the man and woman with misbalanced Masculine -Feminine in the Self that becomes problematic ... over dominance of one side will turn one into a Rapist Male/ Predatory Female or into a DOMESTICATED Husband or DOORMAT Wife ...

In Mahaabhaarata, through Arjuna in particular, Vyaasa teaches us the necessity of acquiring this Balance ...

Wow that is so well explained.