-:Chat with Indrajit Bandyopadhyay:- Check page 2

Posted: 5 years ago

<font color="#993300">Hello all!</font>

<font color="#993300">Continuing with chat sessions, this time we will have Prof.Indrajit Bandopadhyay on MB forum to answer our questions basedon Mbh and, or, his articles which are on the internet.</font>

<font color="#993300">
I take this oportunity to thank him on behalf of all members of Mahabharat forum for readily agreeing to be on our forum, though, this chat will not have a live session as of now, quesions can be posted and they'll be answered . So watch this space ! Smile</font>

<font color="#993300">All members are invited to leave their questions and discuss on the same.</font>

<font color="#993300">Author's introduction:    </font>

<font color="#993300">Indrajit Bandhopadhayay is a well known writer and analyst on Mahbabharat, he currently works as an Assitant Professor at Kalyani Mahavidyalay W.B

His works on Mahabharat are also famous for holding an unconventional view , yet his descriptions combine spiritual imageries to an article on Mahabharat

He has written on various topics which include: Photo essays, travelogues, poetry and book reviews, Prof. Indrajit is also an avid traveller and a photographer and his books on trekking adventures are best sellers.</font>
Edited by Maverick_me - 5 years ago
15 Likes this

Some excerpts from articles chosen at random:

Views on Mahabharat and the exploration of it:
Mahabharata  Text and textuality

Originally posted by Indrajit Bandhopadyay

Can Mahabharata be really called a story' or narrative'? Or, can Mahabharata be really Retold as a story' or narrative'? Mahabharata is History, and also a historic

and historical Text. The name Itihasa-Purana' and Pancham-Veda' is attested by Chhandogya Upanishad (900 B.C at the latest, and which also mentions Devaki-Putra Krishna as a historical character),

and as Itihaasa-Veda' in Kautilya's Arthashashtra (400-300 B.C). Reference to Mahabharata is found directly in Asvalayana Grihya Sutra and indirectly in Satapath Brahmana, Atharva Veda, Manu-

samhita, Brihadaranyaka Upanishad. Bankim chandra in his Krishna Charitra' (1st Khanda 7th Parichhed) refers to Panini's Astadhayi to show that the name Mahabharata' was in existence before

Panini (600 B.C)

1) Fall of Draupadi and the Pandavas: Upanishadic Significance :

Mahaprasthanika Parva is not Vyasa's creation. It was added later.
 The poet who created the Mahaprasthanika Parva was no mean poet. Lesser than Vyasa, yet second to no other, he never could have wasted a single word without any deep and significant purpose.     
 When it comes to the narrative of the last journey of the Pandavas and Draupadi, he is perhaps at his best, connecting the fifth veda' with the Upanishadic philosophy, all the while remaining true to

Vyasa's spirit and the Rig Vedic tradition

2) Mahabharata: Draupadi, Body Language, Eyes, and Vyasa's Poetry :

Body Language as we all know (though not always being aware) is the chief mode of

communication between two Human Beings. In a verbal language dependant (Centric) World, this might seem strange, but this is not my claim. Our own firsthand experience confirms the importance of

Nonverbal Communication, and Empirical researches have found that Nonverbal communication represents two-thirds of all communication. [1

Nonverbal Communication is mostly in the form of Body

Signals through Signs like facial and physical features, gestures (conscious and unconscious) and negotiation/manipulation of personal space. [2

Any person any time actually uses all five senses in an

interaction, though one is not aware of it - and the dominant Sense Organ is of course the Eye constituting 83% of the interaction, while the other Sense Organs have their shares roughly as: 11% hearing,

3% smell, 2% touch and 1% taste. [3

This hierarchy of Sense Organs show that we Human Beings live in Constructed Reality rather than True Reality. Actually all Sense Organs are a symbiotic

network and it is our Mind that unifies them (read for example, the allegorical narrative of quarrel of senses' in Brhadaranyaka Upanishad and Mahabharata. With this approach, I made a quick search

in Mahabharata (as much permitted by my mediocre grey matter, and Eye), and as usual I find that Vyasa's presentation of and message on Body Language are concentrated all around Draupadi! I am

no more shocked or surprised at such findings because I have long settled it that Vyasa actually wrote Mahabharata with Draupadi as the Centre

Link to other articles:HERE

8 Likes this

Rules: Same set of  IF rules apply.

Participants in this chat thread, please note:

1. All rules of Mahabharat Forum and India-Forums, apply at all times, please go through

2.No bashing , confronting , use of offensive language,  personal attacks on fellow members  and, or the guest author

3.  All Questions and discussions must be confined to Mahabharat and it's sub stories only.

4. Advertising  or promotion of any content is to be refrained from as it is against IF rules

5.  No personal chatting or other chatting  irrelevant to this thread .

7 Likes this
congratulations dear for your new  cc   Party  
1 Likes this
Hello
Its great to have you here to talk about Mahabharat and your articles

I read your article on Panchali's birth. One of the possibilities that you mentioned was that they may have been biological children of  Drupad's, kept hidden till an opportune moment. But what purpose do you think would he have had in mind to keep them tucked away till their mid teens?

The epic often talks about Dhrishtadyumna being the son of Prishata. Similar to calling the Pandavas 'Bull of Bharata Race'? Bad editing?
4 Likes this
This is really great. One of my fave authors on internet. Thank you Mr. Bandopadhyay for agreeing to be a part of this. I always wanted to interact with you because I think you are one of those very few authors who actually grasp Vyas's characters in their truest sense.Clap
3 Likes this
Hello Professor,
Your online articles are extremely interesting.

I especially liked 'Myths of deaths of Bhishma, Drona, Karna, Duryodhan' for their sheer logic.

You had promised to write an analysis about the ages of Pandavas' sons, but I could find no link for the same. Could you elaborate please, on this topic?

2 Likes this
Good morning to all...
1 Likes this