Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shabs82 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

no way i dnt think we should have a dress code for college. college was the only time in my life that i could once choose what i want to wear, i was at scool for 16 years and there was a dress code,then i went to college for 4 years and was able to wear what i want and now ive been working for the past 3 years and have to follow a dress code. and were rape is concerned it doesnt matter how revealing clothes u wear if an ideot wants to rape you will be raped no matter what ur wearing. so i agree with tvmaniac

dannyk thumbnail
no there is no need of dress code .. as you are in college you are young enough to know what is good for them and what is not ...
Aparna_BD thumbnail
There should be a dress code all the way upto school only , not in college . Yes but their should be guidelines on appropriate dressing in colleges , example , no walking around barefoot , or bare bodied . or something outrageouly inappropriate like a swim suit or showing way too much skin ( goes for guys / girls both). Or dressing like a junky/ druggy !! Or coming with the whole body piercing or whole body tatoed !! Just simple limits like these !!
hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
well, there aren't any dress codes in US where I live.
But if it is religious, there should be dress codes.
Otherwise, it doesn't really matter to me.
There are good points about dress codes and not so
good things about them. So it's pretty much 50/50.
Signora2 thumbnail
INDYAN wrote:
I THOROUGHLY AGREE WITH THIS TYPE OF CODE OF CONDUCT AND IT SHOULD BE APPLY TO BOTH BOYS AND GIRLS . AS MOST OF THE RAPE CASES R MOSTLY DUE TO THE LAMNESS IN THE DRESSES OF GIRLS .I THNK GIRLS SHOULD UNDERSTAND WHATS THE REAL CAUSE OF WEARING THE SHORT LENGTH CLOTHES " THIS IS NOT A fASHION " BUT ACCTUALLY THERE R SOME IDIOTIC FELLOWS WHO DONT UNDERSTAND THE WEARING OF SUCH CLOTHES UNNECESSARY ARGUMENTING ON THIS TOPIC WITH LOTS OF WORDS WASTING ON THIS TOPIC .ITS NOT ANY RELEGIOUS BELIEF BUT A CODE OF CONDUCT WHICH ALL SHOULD FOLLOW.

FIRST OF ALL you have not shed light on what u mean by code of condut, is it your personal, society school,???? please elaborate.
In India this debate crops up again and again and as a college student it is relevant for me. But then I am an idiot never mind.
I am glad u recommend dress code for girls and boys .
But blaming girls saying that they dress this way so rape occurs is a misnomer and a fallacy.
Take Delhi for instance rape cases occur every where and in semi urban areas where girls wear salwar suits. Also u are offering a very simplsitic solution to a very serious issue.
Most rapists are psychologically sick and they have several antisocial criminal and other   tendencies that forces them to indulge in crime.
There is no proof that if women dress from head to foot crime such as rape will fall. A rapist will attack any women no matter how less or more covered she is.
signora2
single_abhay thumbnail
Cumon Guys, This is 2005!
Everyone has a life and everyone has an expression and at college level, definitely, i wud say there should be nothin like a dress code. I wud also like to add dat if we are demanding for such a freedom, v have a duty to respect the norms of society also.