Star Plus "Siya Ke Ram" - discussion thread - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
Yup, you heard right. Yet another Ramayan show is in the making, this time by Star Plus titled "Siye Ke Ram". It's by the makers of Life Ok's Devon ke Dev Mahadev, and it's supposed to be about Ram and Sita's "love story". Nikhil Sinha plans to make it different by focusing on Ramayan through Sita's lens...so if it'll be different from previous versions, I'm willing to give it a try. I just hope it doesn't portray Sita as this radical feminist like books written through Sita's POV tend to be.

Teaser Trailer:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PgcSw-yURk[/YOUTUBE]

After Mahabharat, Siya Ke Ram on Star Plus

Neha Maheshwri,TNN | Jan 16, 2015, 01.05 PM IST
READ MORE Siya Ke Ram|Nikhil Sinha|Mohit Raina|Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev
After Mahabharat, Siya Ke Ram on Star Plus
After the insurmountable success of the mythological show Devon Ke Dev... Mahadev, which catapulted Mohit Raina to an overnight sensation, producer Nikhil Sinha is all set to churn out another mythological show. 

READ: Mohit Raina and Mouni Roy are very much together

The show is titled Siya Ke Ram and will air on Star Plus. Says a source associated with the show, "The show will chronicle the journey of Ram and Sita. So far, we have only looked at Ramayan from Maryada Purushottam Ram's perspective. But this show will highlight Sita's perspective and their love story." The first promo hit the tube last night and has created a lot of curiosity. Casting for the show is in full swing. Producer Nikhil Sinha remained unavailable for comment.

Star Plus aired a small teaser yesterday night. It was about its upcoming show Siya Ke Ram, a mytho series.

The trailer said that post Mahabharat, the series will capture the story of Lord Ram.

Well, on digging deep, we realized that the teaser was put out in great haste.

The show is being produced by Triangle Film Company, the production house of the successful Life OK show Mahadev.

Shares a source: "Nothing has been decided yet. The show got commissioned and immediately they decided to put out a promo. Star was scared that the idea might get stolen, hence they just put up the teaser. The show will take its own sweet time to hit the floor. Even the main plot is yet to get decided."

Actors would be cast depending on the finalization of the main script.

We called Nikhil for more details but he remained out of reach.

Well, gear up to experience another magnum opus on Star Plus.

Edited by ..RamKiJanaki.. - 8 years ago
It will be interesting to see from Sita's pov, and I am interested in knowing the star cast, any lead on that ?
Originally posted by Maverick_me

It will be interesting to see from Sita's pov, and I am interested in knowing the star cast, any lead on that ?

I just hope they don't portray Ram as a villain in Sita's life. 🤔 When they said it was from Sita's POV I felt a bit apprehensive, but if they do a good job, then it'll be interesting to see Baal Kand and all in Mithila than Ayodhya, Sita's childhood, her relationship with her sisters, etc. 

The show is going to take a long time to air. Nothing has been confirmed yet. They just released the teaser in fear that someone else would copy their idea, since such things have been happening lately, lol. I doubt anyone in the cast has been chosen.
Originally posted by ..RamKiJanaki..

I just hope they don't portray Ram as a villain in Sita's life. 🤔 When they said it was from Sita's POV I felt a bit apprehensive, but if they do a good job, then it'll be interesting to see Baal Kand and all in Mithila than Ayodhya, Sita's childhood, her relationship with her sisters, etc. 

The show is going to take a long time to air. Nothing has been confirmed yet. They just released the teaser in fear that someone else would copy their idea, since such things have been happening lately, lol. I doubt anyone in the cast has been chosen.
Why do you think so? 😕 I think, Sita will be overawed 😃 of her Ram, nowhere any conflict is mentioned between the two, even after Sia's second exile , she doesn't hold an grudge against him. If Ram was a strict disciplinarian, Sita was one step ahead of him
Yes, Sita's childhood is not covered much so , it'll be interesting to know more about her and her sisters    
I am super duper excited 😃 wowww another Ramayan  & that's too from Mata Sita's POV sounds like cherry on the cake for me ❤️ will love the show only if it is shown correctly (i.e, not full of distortion like Zee Ramayan which forced me to stop at midway)
And totally in for the show starting from Mata Sita's side 😃 Mata's childhood should be expressed in detail, and I strongly wish that my dear Urmila Devi gets a crucial role in the show 😳
Btw- they seem to be very much late and nothing is finalized yet so may I write the script 😆
Originally posted by Maverick_me

Why do you think so? 😕 I think, Sita will be overawed 😃 of her Ram, nowhere any conflict is mentioned between the two, even after Sia's second exile , she doesn't hold an grudge against him. If Ram was a strict disciplinarian, Sita was one step ahead of him
Yes, Sita's childhood is not covered much so , it'll be interesting to know more about her and her sisters    

Because many feminist authors have written translations of Ramayan through Sita's POV, and in those versions Ram is portrayed as an unloving and harsh husband who cared for society more than his wife. I really wish the makers do not take inspiration from these versions. It would be the worst thing in the world if Ram is portrayed as a harsh husband. 
I am way too excited for the show. i hope they do justice. I loved the NDTV Imagine Ramayana so much and yet am excited for the new version. 
The idea of Mahabharat on Star Plus was taken before 5 years of onair 
And after it'$ success (not in my vision )...star want to make identity of another great Indian epic 

So after this...they can stand with DD National which shown these both successfully

And actually There is only 2 successful Ramayan on TV

DD & Imagine

Now $tar ...Zee was failed due to 11 AM time slot

Triangle film company is experienced after Mahadev 

And I am happy that there is no production of Mahabharata because they made it disaster

Mahadev was always far better 

I think after Star '$ Ashoka ...they are very fast in showing promo

Even Triangle film'$ Maharana Pratap was taken by Sony 

So both are accidental before once 

So not taking risk in this 

I think after IPL 8 ...in June 2015..,it can be started
Originally posted by ..RamKiJanaki..

Because many feminist authors have written translations of Ramayan through Sita's POV, and in those versions Ram is portrayed as an unloving and harsh husband who cared for society more than his wife. I really wish the makers do not take inspiration from these versions. It would be the worst thing in the world if Ram is portrayed as a harsh husband. 
Feminist authors have no better things to do, they'll force Sita to be a victim even she didn't feel so. You get to see how feminists hijack cases of victims and play political games to suit their own agenda.
Star is a commercial venture , at least for TRPs they'll might not take that risk