The Dark Side of Pritam Singh

Posted: 9 years ago
Disclaimer: I do not dislike Pritam infact I do not mind sharing a cup of coffee with him. However there are few things that I needed to get off my chest because I have never shied away from speaking the truth.
Yesterday I got to see another side of Pritam. The Pritam who everyone adored, who was the darling of all housewives, the most obedient husband, a loving father with a squeaky clean image and picture perfect individual who is down to earth and a 9-5 man. Most people looked upto him for how their man should be. It made a warm feeling to the viewers to see him mingle with his loved ones.

And then it was yesterday. He professed his courting for being after Karishma Tanna. He asked her if there is another man in her life. He called her a high maintenance girl. He did not understand the repercussions of those words or his pregnant wife at home. He did not think about the wrong message he is sending being a father of a child and a married man. He became the typical stereotype of why so many women are afraid of some Indian men for the said reasons.

Pritam jee I knew you had a darker side. You made it very clear that you have come from a challenging background and you tried hard to keep that Pritam hidden and out of sights and out of minds. Infact being a Man myself I understand your temptations. I believe that marriage is a failed concept. However I also believe in the sanctity of marriage however if Im aware of my shortcomings I will not go on to marry somebody and cheat and tarnish our marriage just because I couldn't keep it in my pants.

We also got to see your darker side when you snapped at Dimpy and got out of character. We also got to see your tongue in cheek humor and snide remarks on other female contestants. And yesterday you proved that you are just a mere mortal who is fallible and prone to temptations. In the end you are not fooling anyone but yourself.

I still think you are the best among the worst and deserve a shot at the title because you have played well, however I will not see you with esteemed regard anymore.
Very well said!
Agree with most of the things you said!

Edited by CaptainCharisma - 9 years ago
Pritam definitely has 2 sides : a good and a bad one! Being a neutral viewer I appreciate some efforts of his.. he represents the common man, someone who has worked hard for 15yrs to reach here! But he also has another side: which is very ugly one! Sometimes his humour sees no boundaries and just crosses line! But especially when he is angry, his dark side comes out! That night when Dimpy was doing her task, pokking him by a finger, the way he manhandled her, pulled her arm, and then pushed her...threatened to hit her so hard she will fall 5feet away! That was the most disgusting side of Pritam that I have ever seen!

His non veg jokes etc dont affect me... But sometimes he loses control and does certain things that are just not acceptable! I dont care whether he flirts wid 1 or 10 girls..probably thats his work being RJ and being a bhabhi special! And i dont know how his wife deals with it! Im sure she understands its just an act...or maybe even she doesnt like it! But yes, Pritam does have a very dark side to him! I stopped respecting him after the Dimpy incidence!
for me he is acche aadmi ki khal main chupa bura aadmi 😛
Really you won't cheat on your wife and get attracted by another woman? You won't even look at another woman? 😆 I doubt it's possible. 
These are the things I don't like about him but he is better than many in BB. 
Originally posted by MuguetDScorpion

Really you won't cheat on your wife and get attracted by another woman? You won't even look at another woman? 😆 I doubt it's possible. 
These are the things I don't like about him but he is better than many in BB. 

I might cheat on my wife. Hence one of the reasons Im still single. Its too much of a risk and no need to experiment with anothers life. All Im saying is if that was the case then why marry, why make a love child, why knock up your woman again if you really want to do these "shenanigans" elsewhere. As for your other point yes, its easier said than done. Im not hot and bothered that he is resigning to his temptations. I just wont be seeing him the same way anymore. Thats all
Originally posted by TheBoss

I might cheat on my wife. Hence one of the reasons Im still single. Its too much of a risk and no need to experiment with anothers life. All Im saying is if that was the case then why marry, why make a love child, why knock up your woman again if you really want to do these "shenanigans" elsewhere. As for your other point yes, its easier said than done. Im not hot and bothered that he is resigning to his temptations. I just wont be seeing him the same way anymore. Thats all

I am just teasing you. 😆 

But TBH all the men are same. If they get married it's only to have a so called family (children). They don't need two seconds before looking at someone else. 😕
So if anyday you will get married then there will be only your wife no one else? 😲

I feel bad for his wife. I don't know how she accepts it. 
Originally posted by MuguetDScorpion

I am just teasing you. 😆 

But TBH all the men are same. If they get married it's only to have a so called family (children). They don't need two seconds before looking at someone else. 😕
So if anyday you will get married then there will be only your wife no one else? 😲

I feel bad for his wife. I don't know how she accepts it. 

Sadly it does only boost the typical stereotype and on some occasions rightly so. Im a guy but I wont lie that sometimes men live in a warped life with dual standards. They will have certain expectations from their housewives and their boundaries but they will be the polar opposite when it comes to them. Pritam is another classic example. Almost as similar to Rahul who is still expecting his ex wife to wash his dirty underwear. The joys of self entitlement...
I don't care for his vulgar jokes.

What I detest about him is that he lies, takes wrong stands and passes below the belt personal comments on people.

He is also a hypocrite with his double standards for himself and everyone else.

He can be extremely insecure of others and is a dirty player.

I still would not mind if he did not do all of this while hiding behind the forced facade of a sacha acha aadmi.

It's pathetic.
Originally posted by TheBoss

Sadly it does only boost the typical stereotype and on some occasions rightly so. Im a guy but I wont lie that sometimes men live in a warped life with dual standards. They will have certain expectations from their housewives and their boundaries but they will be the polar opposite when it comes to them. Pritam is another classic example. Almost as similar to Rahul who is still expecting his ex wife to wash his dirty underwear. The joys of self entitlement...

THIS!!! 👏

I am no one's fan, even though I like some contestants and dislike some. Even then, pointing out to the men in this house I will say, none of them are gentlemen. The only person in BB that I thought was worthy of being called a classy, true gentleman was Samir Soni. 

In this lot, all of them are ridiculous, some more than others, some less than others, but definitely show the dirty side of indian men. 

Pritam - for all reasons you have cohesively put in your post so well.

Ali - for his inappropriate touching Sonali, his cheap comments on women and disrespecting women and having no class when it comes to fights.

Gautam - for being cowardly in accepting the Diandra love angle. He did own up to it in the press conference, but it was a second chance. The first time, he outright denied it like a fattu. 

Puneet - He has also displayed his MCP mentality throughout the show and not shied away from disrespecting women and bitching them out in the ugliest manner possible. 

Upen - pretense of being a gentleman, while making cheap comments on Sonali's character. 

The only men who had some code of being a gentleman were Arya Babbar and Praneet Bhatt, both of whom may not have been my favorites for other reasons, but they were truly classy in their behavior and words with women, and showed us what gentlemen look like. too bad, they both are out of this game at this point.