Software Symphony-Munirka Mutiny on 148 - Page 29

Posted: 9 years ago
No not preachy but practical. I'm a self-proclaimed romantic and romantics tend to be pessimistic. I thing marriage changes you. I've seen friends change and I imagine stepping into their shoes and don't feel it's worth it. Like I said, some people are plain lucky. You are one of them. If a person brings out the best in you then it's worth your while. Otherwise it's a nightmare and trust me I've seen those also around me. Just not a fan of marriages. So much so that I can't congratulate people who get hitched unless I'm forced to. The best I can say to them is "all the best"

Sorry for the rant
awesome as always...chalo kisi ko toh II ne apna raaz bataya...n she was so scared...true love...n she imagining baby with R&B in previous update was so cute...n u just showed brilliantly how relation with subbu was just bound to fail...there were distinct signs but II didn't care then...

would love to see hiw will they get married.. who will propose.. wat will be the circumstances... arghhh...just waiting for that

n plz dont stop...write about their life after marriage.. plzzz
Originally posted by modernfamily

No not preachy but practical. I'm a self-proclaimed romantic and romantics tend to be pessimistic. I thing marriage changes you. I've seen friends change and I imagine stepping into their shoes and don't feel it's worth it. Like I said, some people are plain lucky. You are one of them. If a person brings out the best in you then it's worth your while. Otherwise it's a nightmare and trust me I've seen those also around me. Just not a fan of marriages. So much so that I can't congratulate people who get hitched unless I'm forced to. The best I can say to them is "all the best"

Sorry for the rant

We are ALL willing to change for that ONE promotion or raise, HOW COME we wont change to make a marriage work?
We are willing to turn into extroverts to nail that next big deal, we are all willing to be admins to our bosses if the boss is in a bind... we are all willing to endure a irritating VP because IT MAY YIELD a promotion๐Ÿ˜‰
NOBODY WALKS OUT

If we did, attrition rates would sky rocket, THEY DONT.. statistics prove it Sudhi๐Ÿ˜ƒ

We are all ready to pull in 60 hours a week 80 hours a week even all day weekends
NO URBAN marriage requires THAT kind of investment๐Ÿ˜ƒ only a JOB does

Yet we balk at marriages
I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND๐Ÿ˜ญ
Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
Next update pleaseee.. I dont understand marriage stuff.. Sorry for cutting ya guys across.. ๐Ÿ˜ญ Am of d age but am nt ready for committment unless jys someone like R$B!!! I realsied Nisha... After ur update how I want my man!!! Tha ks to u.. For fanning my expectations!!
Originally posted by Nisha0604

"MUJHE jhel paana BAHUT mushkil hai" SOUNDS romantic for a love story...
Will we SAY THAT at a workplace? We spend 10-12 hours a day at the office๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Will we talk to our hiring managers like that?

We dont correct?

How come WE ARE ALL ABLE to be in our BEST CONGENIAL, CORDIAL COLLABORATIVE behavior at the work place but NOT in a marriage?

Being WILLING and WANTING to change is what marriage is all about... I am not saying women should be sacrificial doormats like a certain someone... or be Gloria Steinem like
There is a balance... for every man & woman its different... its somewhere between the 40th and 70th...๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Those that cannot do it should stay single... its not the India of my parents times... heck its not even the India of 20 years ago...

I'm gonna show this to my mom and tell her to stop praying! ๐Ÿ˜†

I once told a friend of mine, that it'd take a miracle for me to fall in love and want to get married and she said, if I need a miracle, then God will make sure that it is so. But I don't know if I even want the miracle you know! All my life, I've wanted to be a researcher, I've wanted to be great, and I have planned and worked to achieve that (still a long way to go). I've wanted to be the person who doesn't sleep at night so that thousands other get a peaceful sleep. I don't know, is it possible that you can have both? That you can be great and have a successful family life as well? Specially for a woman? I don't wanna be mediocre in my career. If push comes to shove, I know I'm always gonna choose my career but I don't know if I should hope for/ give up the hope for a balanced family life.
Edited by Wings-of-Fire - 9 years ago
Thank you every one for tolerating the painful rant of a kid/chicken! ๐Ÿ˜›

Thank you Nisha for the wonderful explanations you gave. I'm happy to know that the concept of love/ marriage comes that easily to you and that you have it all worked out. ๐Ÿ‘

I'm gonna shut up about me now.

P.S. That was a trivial question, now was it II? Yet you've been dreaming of getting married to him for quite some time now!

Edited by Wings-of-Fire - 9 years ago
Baldev is quite something all together. If I may ask, is he inspired at all from someone you interact with in your own life or is he just a figment of your imagination? Just curious.
II telling Baldev to stop watching saas bahu dramas was totally fitting given all of the crazy theories he was coming up with. ๐Ÿ˜†
Honestly, the fact that II confessed about her "affair" (if we can call it that) to Baldev was a bit of a surprise to me. I seriously thought that Akka would manage to put all the pieces together first. But oh well, at least the cat is out of the bag now, even if it is only Baldev that knows about it. 
The fact that II thinks Baldev's last question is a trivial one is just ๐Ÿค”
I liked the last bit about Subbu, especially seeing the Subbu-II relationship from Amma's perspective.

Eager to see what you have planned for us next, particularly now that you have divulged the important fact that you find arranged marriages to be so romantic. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ
read the 2 updates now and the thread about marriage :-) I can relate to what you said Nisha cause went through the same thing - arranged marriage with a will to see it work and the only reason we agreed to marry was because we liked old hindi songs ๐Ÿ˜†. 15 years later with 2 kids guess cant imagine it anyother way but not sure my kids will go through this.

i kept thinking whom she will confess too first and who will know it first Bally was a good surprise .
I actually would really like to know how this puntam wedding gets arranged and how they reach  there  i will so cry buckets when this ends cause this has become my current addiction.
Waiting for your next update.. also are you from east coast or west?I am from east just curious ..

Interesting that it was Bally who was first let in onto this. Actually liked the way it all seamlessly kind of steered that way. I guess it's very real like situation to use an office colleague for a cover up rather than a  personal one.  She believed with her clouded R&B vision that Bally cover up would last longer... or come to think of it I don't think II is thinking at all... She is just so in R&B world. That is what makes her so real

And her equation with Bally  - fantastic. Perhaps the fact that I share a very similar camaraderie with my desi co-worker who sits across my desk ; makes me endear to their relation all the more.

Love the way you are taking your story forward.  

Originally posted by nividances

Baldev is quite something all together. If I may ask, is he inspired at all from someone you interact with in your own life or is he just a figment of your imagination? Just curious.
II telling Baldev to stop watching saas bahu dramas was totally fitting given all of the crazy theories he was coming up with. ๐Ÿ˜†
Honestly, the fact that II confessed about her "affair" (if we can call it that) to Baldev was a bit of a surprise to me. I seriously thought that Akka would manage to put all the pieces together first. But oh well, at least the cat is out of the bag now, even if it is only Baldev that knows about it. 
The fact that II thinks Baldev's last question is a trivial one is just ๐Ÿค”
I liked the last bit about Subbu, especially seeing the Subbu-II relationship from Amma's perspective.

Eager to see what you have planned for us next, particularly now that you have divulged the important fact that you find arranged marriages to be so romantic. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Nivi

You can look at it TWO ways:

1. Tipping point, maybe being caught with dishes is the sink was the first tipping point?
2. Baldev is safe enough for her to STILL CONTINUE lying to family?๐Ÿ˜ƒ U know what are the odds that Amma Appa will meet Baldev? If she gets his "buy in" then she is "all good"๐Ÿ˜ˆ