Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swaram thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Poor II. Hope he goes behind her and pacifies her. He would understand she must be feeling like a rotten tomato, her ego completely crushed! Poor girl needs something to cheer up, and that can happen only if that something comes from R&B's side.
😭Edited by swaram - 9 years ago
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Anu

Pesama velaya vittuttu idaye pozhappa aakikalam nu oru yojanai🤣 Nee enna solrey?
Just quit my job and do this I am thinking, I am unable to concentrate at work any way so why not

KOI kaam to dhang se hoga😆

I have to write the next one now... I was almost done with Loss & Light Bulb except the last dhamaka I added it this morning... was too sleepy to give it a punch

Paavam II😭

I feel TERRIBLE for her

The guy better be sorry ille...

I dont know if I shud do Nivi's baby sitting part next or do a breather in between

Itna dimaag kaam mein lagaana chahiye nahi?🤣

Sweetheart you have done the same to me and I am constantly checking for updates liking comments working for a s/w company they are going to so remove me soon.. i will help you with your book publishing cause i am so going to be out of job soon 🤣
i feel for II too poor II but gosh now i am on team R&B but she is going to get him and then post marriage they will fight over Commerce being better than computer science 🤣.
you give us anything we like it  di, I am in no way buttering you i honestly mean it-- also i had mentioned the same
Posted: 21 January 2015 at 7:06am | IP Logged
such a cute& sweet update!
what i loved most was II and shavu convo, being heard by the rest.. her being her crazy self in front of them all, no getting coy just being herself.
R&B ensuring she drove back home safe and waiting for her to leave 😳 and most of all her offering to baby sit lasya... cause that had me dreaming of her baby sitting Lasya , while putting Lasya to bed falling asleep herself, R&B sitting in the door entrance with his ear buds watching them over and everything is watched by Sam and reported to Vandu 😆😳

sweety_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
just 1 word awesome..
poor II
loved R&B :)
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Feel for II...can imagine what went on inside her head and heart when she was suddenly enlightened
Jinvera thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
poor II,,,i know she was wrong bt still feel pitty abt her😭,,,,,bt this blow was needed..
.Hats off 2 u Nisha diii👏👏...

i think II comma me na chali jaye...😆😆 she was absolutely in shock...keep entertaining us like this dii...not interested in YHM serial anymore...u r giving us daily 2 episodes...thank u so much..

cant wait for the nxt update..when r u updating dii...?????waiting..
Edited by Jinvera - 9 years ago
arshi21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
OH FINALLY!

GOOD she came to know the truth. Hope they resolve their differences soon. 

loved it
nividances thumbnail
Uff Nish! What a way to shatter the biggest misunderstanding that she had about him while simultaneously plummeting her own inflated ego down quite a few notches, possibly into the negatives for a short time!
It was great to see the build-up to this point and I love how we got some insight into his mind this time as well. I do feel bad for her but she definitely needed to pop her bubble a bit. And the best thing...now that she knows he's very well educated, it can earn him a lot of plus points in Appa's books. 😛 😉

I know she's hurt about the things he said to her, but perhaps an apology is warranted on her part for calling him "Munshiji uneducated son." Of course, he should apologize for the low blows he took as well, but a straight out apology will undoubtedly seem out of character for both of them. Dono tedhe hain toh seedhe raaste se thodi na patch up hoga. 😆

Looking forward to how they will sort it out and I wonder how the work dynamics are going to change now that she knows about his qualifications and credentials.
SunshineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Busted ego!  That's a v v clever way to let II know R&B's credentials, perfect build up and setting, keeping both in their characters👏       and great to get a peek into R&B thoughts...  

Fantastic update!

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Part 99
Getting over "Self"😭

Iyer Pride was not only dented it was annihilated😭

If she hadn't STUMBLED upon that glowing red CMU digital floor banner display... he wouldn't have EVER told her. The realization struck when she walked in daze like a zombie to her convention hall. He would have let her insult and take digs at him... pie on her face? Shame? Humiliation? Mortification?😭

EACH time she took pot shots at him, he had shrugged it off... he let her believe he was the typical bratty uncouth, Punjabi that drove a Porsche and mowed down sleeping homeless people  on sidewalks near Moolchand flyover  in a drunken stupor at night, spent his "daddyji's" wealth and didn't have a clue about how to hold a job... leave alone excel in it..

She didn't know what term described her condition best... indignity? He had gently pushed with one finger.. she plunged from her ivory tower... and didn't even bother to stand and watch or gloat as she fell down head first...😭
She desperately wished/prayed she would win the 30 under 30😭👏

She skipped snacks, she skipped dinner, the results were announced around 10 PM the girl from Assam was one of the 7 winners from East, she went home  with a straight face, shared "everything exciting" about the day and went to bed... and stayed up all night... 😭

her head hurt again in the morning, being  empty stomach for over 12 hours, she had her coffee and went off to work refusing breakfast, worked until 2, went down to the Daily Perk and got herself another coffee... walked over to the gym  also on 5th, and weighed herself she had lost 9 lbs since her fever.. ... not that "anyone" cared...she went back to the Daily Perk and ordered a brownie and a side of chocolate cake took it back to desk and stuffed her face...Went to the rest room and cried her heart out... eating two grossly chocolaty things after being hungry for 24 hours didn't help her system...she threw it all up..😭
Took something for her second headache... in 12 hours..

She didn't respond to Amma or Akka's calls during the day... both left messages saying Srikanth was in town for the long weekend and wanted to see her, she sat in her reception area... leaned back on the couch and shutting her eyes... The piped music played sitar...😃

Iyer pride was GUTTED and decimated... Rakshasan had demolished it without a word... double Masters from CMU, she had applied to CMU for Grad School but was rejected, both for MBA and MS... he had gotten both his from CMU😲

Like a typical Iyer student she felt immense envy at his accomplishment... Iyers thrived on academic competition... they wore simple clothes, cotton salwar kameez and flip flops, braided their oiled hair, wore vibhuti and kungumam/teeka on exam days... boldly,... be it to IIM or MIT exam hall... they spent HOURS studying... ALWAYS lying about it though... when asked "Oh I don't think I am 10% prepared" 😡

It was an Iyer thing... to lie about preparedness before a big exam... for a culture that taught scriptures and preached honesty and integrity Iyer kids lied like nobody's biz...
Now HE had pulled a fast one on her...👏😃😛

Iyer parents advertized their kids' accomplishments, short of actually putting out a full cover page ad... Iyer mothers were frequently over heard bragging at temples and Kutcheris (concerts) about how Sriram is bummed at missing that ONE question that could have gotten him 100% in the 12th boards... or how Srividya had been accepted both at IIM and XLRI and was in a "terrible" quandary😡, or how Uma got a full ride to UCLA and UC Berkeley and how she was going to "miss" her kozhandai/baby for TWO YEARS (WHY did she apply if Amma cant let go? Well... we won't go there😆)... in Iyer families academic achievements trumped financial well being...

No matter where anyone was employed, or what the compensation was like, Iyers usually trumpeted the educational achievements FIRST
"So and so works for Google BUT MY Murali went to IIT"🤣

NOT one Bhalla/Batra had spoken about his achievements to her... she had known him/them for almost 8 weeks now?... she had met Ranjan many many times, even Sam, Manny👏👏👏
Did it not matter to Punjabis? If it didn't then why would he go acquire multiple degrees? Did it come easy to him?😭
That irritated her even more😭... she was intelligent, but was he GIFTED?😡  He was... She had heard of the 5th year Masters at CMU, it was one of the toughest in United States to get into. CMU itself had a 16% acceptance rate...😭

She called Srikanth and made plans to watch a movie Sunday, she ate little... still nursing her wound... didn't talk much AT ALL... he was shocked... ..."Is everything OK?" he asked
"No sure don't worry" she replied oddly... "No Sure?" u said "Sure?" he asked... looked at her face like she was preoccupied with something..
"Which University did u go to?" she asked
"BITS Pilani for Engg, and then Kansas State for Masters, and Ohio State for Ph D" he said

She smiled...sadly albeit...a Ph D was no easy feat... but something told her if Rakshasan had wanted to he could have pursued his Ph D as well...
He didn't take anything too seriously in life, he never once intro-ed himself as a CMU alumnus😳👏
An Iyer would say that before saying "Hello"😆

She walked over to the peripheral windows... and stared down at the quiet Saturday evening street below.. there were less than a handful of pedestrians...today.. 😭
She sometimes found him walking the busy Gurgaon office blocks during lunch hour or later, preoccupied as usual, texting or listening... or both... ... in his cargos and BR tee layered twice or thrice.. many times... the short sleeves always worn OVER the long sleeves carelessly😳
... donning a J Crew or Patagonia hoodie occasionally... with that three day stubble... and sun glasses...😳
The streets would be packed with the lunch crowd... no elbow room...his head would be visible well above the crowd
the precocious looking suited bankers and Dockers wearing tech geeks that walked along side him talked animatedly trying to appear "smart", or flashing their expensive phones...
Men ignored him concluding much LIKE II, "he must be a wannabe" since his clothes did not bear any brand name.. it must have been bought at Janpath from one o those "export rejects" heap... .as he sprinted across the street too many times... he would do finger kangi, as the  draft from oncoming traffic blew his hair all over his forehead...young women though without fail,would pause and ogle... forgetting the 30 second green WALK sign had long slipped to a red "do not WALK"...😳☺️

She knew that hair, the fingers, the clothes, the Porsche, the house, his couch, his TV,  the music passing through the ear buds... the feel of the tee..the tiny Samsung remote...  the Monet, Lasya...everything...☺️
But did not know about CMU...😭

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
SunshineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Am reading at work and totally blown away... your descriptions, the take on social norms back home (actually even overseas its no differnt) ... so true to the word, whilst it's  the iyers here (obviously), it bears a close semblance with  other desi communities as well  

Felt for II - and liked the way you delved into her feelings...no holds barred, all laid bare... it takes a lot of guts to own up

Brilliantly written Nisha