Gr8 examples of friendship from mythology!

Share
Poll Question :

which name first comes to ur mind.

Poll Choice Stats
Shri Ram and sugreev
Shri Krishna and sudama
15%
Shri Krishna and draupadi
53%
Shri Krishna and arjun
30%
Total Votes : 13
Posted: 2015-01-05T00:00:26Z
Hello all !

Im new to this forum. I love reading n mythological watching stories! Would love to join discussion with u all!
My name anu:)

So this is my first post here!

We hv gr8 examples of friendship in our mythological stories.
I want to know what names comes to ur mind first from mythological stories as soon as u hear.friendship.

For me karna n duryodhana
Then Krishna n draupadi

Arjun n God Krishna also gr8 example of friendship but for me they were more like guru n shishya!

Plz vote
Pls share ur views
Thanks :)

Sry online frm mobile! Before I could add more options the poll got posted!

Other options was
karna duryodhana Edited by Asclepius - 2015-01-05T00:45:59Z
2 Likes this
Posted: 2015-01-05T00:21:34Z
Hello Anudi ! Glad To Meet You ! Hope You'll Like This Place !

For Me, It's Krishna-Sudama, Because They Shared The Perfect Sakhya Bhaav i.e. The Love For God, Who Is Loved By A Devotee By A Friend. And Yes, In This Relation, Buth Of Them Loved Each Other More Than Their Lives And Could Do Anything To Please The Other, And It Is Also The Most Celebrated Friendship In Hinduism !

And Second Choice, Is Krishna-Arjun. Yeah, They Had Their Guru-Shishya Moments. But Then, After Krishna Shows His Vishwaroop, The First Thing That Arjun Says Is, "My Lord, Forgive Me, I Always Treated You Like My Friend, With Who I Can Fight And Be Angry On And Say Improper Things !" But Krishna Says, "Arjun, I Am The Almighty Or Your Keshav, You Always Have The Liberty To Fight With Me Because, First You Are My Friend, And Then Devotee."

_____________________
...i am the dance and i still go on...
2 Likes this
Posted: 2015-01-05T01:27:03Z
@Radhikerani Thanks for such a warm welcome !
Lovely post!
Yes Krishna sudama bond is an example of eternal bond of true friendship!

It is significant that Sudama comes to Krishna not for any favor, but just to express his friendship, his love to him, and even as a poor man he brings a gift for his old friend. Usually a poor person wants to receive something. he rarely gives anything. Here Sudama comes with a gift and not for a gift.

Sudama didn't ask for anything but still got everything! Lovely friendship!

Yes Arjun was the best friend and disciple of Sri Krishna. Arjun respected Sri Krishna as his chosen ideal and guide. The friendship between them is more out of respect of Arjun towards Krishna and his complete faith in him.

@ Radhikerani Loved ur post!
1 Likes this
Posted: 2015-01-05T01:59:00Z
Originally posted by Asclepius


@Radhikerani Thanks for such a warm welcome !
Lovely post!
Yes Krishna sudama bond is an example of eternal bond of true friendship!

It is significant that Sudama comes to Krishna not for any favor, but just to express his friendship, his love to him, and even as a poor man he brings a gift for his old friend. Usually a poor person wants to receive something. he rarely gives anything. Here Sudama comes with a gift and not for a gift.

Sudama didn't ask for anything but still got everything! Lovely friendship!

Yes, And You Have A Lovely Way Of Expressing Yourself !

Yes Arjun was the best friend and disciple of Sri Krishna. Arjun respected Sri Krishna as his chosen ideal and guide. The friendship between them is more out of respect of Arjun towards Krishna and his complete faith in him.

Haan, Krishna Was More Like A Friend, Guide, And Sometimes I Feel, A Father Too !

@ Radhikerani Loved ur post!

Thank You So Much !
_____________________
...i am the dance and i still go on...
1 Likes this
Posted: 2015-01-05T10:34:17Z
The most ideal friendships in our puranas, according to me:

From Mahabharat:
- Krishna and Draupadi
- Krishna and Arjuna
- Krishna and Sudama

From Ramayan
- Ram and Guha
- Sita and Trijata
- Ram and Sugreeva
_____________________
[CENTER][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/2u6l0FD.gif[/IMG][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/l4SHPZ6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
3 Likes this
Posted: 2015-01-05T21:49:36Z
I love Lord Krishna n Draupadi's friendship the most...

At a time wen men n women were not allowed to mix freely, they set an example. Its sad how people try to link them romantically n scandalously...

Another friendship I love is the one between Lord Krishna n Sudama...it proves how friendship transgresses social boundaries of class n wealth...

I also like Ma Sita n Trijata's bonding...
4 Likes this
Posted: 2015-01-06T02:27:12Z
Originally posted by ..RamKiJanaki..


The most ideal friendships in our puranas, according to me:

From Mahabharat:
- Krishna and Draupadi
- Krishna and Arjuna
- Krishna and Sudama

From Ramayan
- Ram and Guha
- Sita and Trijata
- Ram and Sugreeva


perfect!
These were the ideal friendships no doubt :)

but which comes to ur mind first?
Pls share !

Guha was more like bakth to ram that's what I feel..
0 Likes this
Posted: 2015-01-06T02:30:33Z
Originally posted by amritat


I love Lord Krishna n Draupadi's friendship the most...

At a time wen men n women were not allowed to mix freely, they set an example. Its sad how people try to link them romantically n scandalously...

Another friendship I love is the one between Lord Krishna n Sudama...it proves how friendship transgresses social boundaries of class n wealth...

I also like Ma Sita n Trijata's bonding...
lovely post! Clap
even I love draupadi n shri Krishna bonding! Smile
2 Likes this

Related Topics

Topics Author Replies Views Last Post Reply
WinfriedS 1 421 2018-10-25T09:35:10Z maha2905
KrishnaPriyaa 147 4012 2017-03-22T06:11:54Z Swetha-Sai
Proud-India 0 97 2016-07-25T03:57:48Z Proud-India
Proud-India 7 473 2015-11-19T02:26:42Z RisingPhoenix
.Vrish. 3 532 2012-05-06T13:24:20Z Vibhishna

Topic Info

  • 11 Replies
  • 1917Views

Topic started by Dharanija

Last replied by DamRyeong

FORUM QUICK JUMP

TOP