Another Parud FF - Clear blue skies I(upto Chapter 50)

Posted: 9 years ago
The story so far

This is a short note for those who haven't read the prequel of this story.

In my last fanfic, After the storm we saw how Paro after being ostracized by the people of Birpur was taken in by the general and his wife. We saw how she became more independent and worldly wise with Geethanjali's help and Aman's reassurance. We saw how she won over Rudra's respect and later love. Her discovery of her mamisa's death and Tejawat's hand in it and how easily he got away with cold blooded murder were her cross to bear but she managed to overcome that with unyielding courage. We also saw how Rudra bonded with his family and accepted their place in his life. We saw how he found out about Nandu jeeja's plight and fate of the other Birpur brides. And finally how he managed to arrest Tejawat and win his bride finding an unlikely ally in his cousin, Sumer.

Now we will follow the journey of Paro who finally has a home and family of her own and Rudra who found what home and family means. And the also what effect Mala's return has on the older Ranavats and how they will try their best to keep her away from the newlyweds. Is the storm that changed their lives at bay? Will the clear blue skies above them remain the same?

Index
Chapter 1 - scroll below
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 30

Chapter 31

Chapter 32

Chapter 33

Chapter 34

Chapter 35

Chapter 36

Chapter 37

Chapter 38

Chapter 39

Chapter 40

Chapter 41

Chapter 42

Chapter 43

Chapter 44

Chapter 45

Chapter 46

Chapter 47

Chapter 48

Chapter 49

Chapter 50

Continues in a new thread from Chapter 51

Edited by -Suganthi- - 8 years ago

<font size="4">Chapter 1

Rudra Pratap Ranavat looked into the Tejawat file one last time. He rushed about with investigation all week, ignoring his lovely bride. She knew why this was important for him to put the former Thakur of Birpur away, the one man who had destroyed the future of her childhood playmates. But she wasn't aware yet of the fate of the Thakurainsa. He hadn't revealed the fact that she was his biological mother yet. He couldn't bring himself to discuss her with anyone, not his father or his wife. Though it didn't matter to him anymore, it might to her. After all the woman was a part of her life too and was supposedly a wonderful woman who mentored her. He didn't know how she felt about her after knowing how little she mattered to the former Thakurain of Birpur, who married her off to a terrorist.

Rudra missed his right hand man, Captain Amandeep Singh who was by his side throughout this mission. Even when things were tough and he was facing an enquiry for what was called the baraat massacre then, his friend was unwavering in his support. This was a shared moment of glory not just his own. But his partner was in Delhi getting ready for his own wedding. He and his wife will be flying there later in the evening. He just had to hand over the investigation to his superior and then enjoy a well deserved break. The next few days belonged only to his wife, his Paro. He had promised her his undivided attention. He walked towards his senior's cabin.

"Come in," said the general as Major Rudra Pratap Ranavat entered his cabin. He had seen the young officer rush about with the paper work all week. He was glad to see that marriage didn't make his finest officer any less devoted to the BSD. In fact he seemed to be calmer, more patient and efficient than ever. Paro had brought about this change. He nodded and offered a seat to the man saluting to him. "So, Rudra, you have managed to wrap up the interrogation within a week. Are you sure you don't need to talk to Mrs. Tejawat?" the general asked. Rudra replied evenly that the information they have so far is enough for her to be convicted whether or not she is innocent as her husband claims is for the courts to decide. "Do you think Tejawat is trying to hide her involvement?" he asked the young officer. Rudra remembered the night he saw their smiling portrait and how he stayed close to her on the night they got caught, it was clear the man loved her inspite of his crimes. "Sir, I would do anything to protect my wife. So it isn't farfetched for him to lie for his wife's sake. And after so many years of marriage she cannot be ignorant of his dealings" he replied. The general pointed out that it wasn't too hard for a man to hide the details of his work from his wife. He had done the same for years. Geethanjali was never aware of some of the things he had to do. Rudra didn't relent, "Sir, that was different. I'm quite certain ma'am knows of the nature of our job. She knew whom we fought against and who fought alongside. Among the women in the NGO she runs are those who were displaced by our clashes with terrorists along the border. She knows who we are just like... Mrs. Tejawat would know who are husband is." She wasn't Paro, she wasn't naive or innocent of the way the world works. She had taken the easy way out and deserted her husband in his need again. He should be glad there isn't another boy who was destroyed by her actions this time.

The general sighed, there was no way to know what the truth was unless the husband-wife duo bring it up again. "Rudra there is another matter of a more pleasant nature I should inform you off," he paused. The young officer looked on eagerly. "For your efforts in this arms dealing case my seniors have recommended your name for the Ashoka Chakra Award this year. If the President approves, you will receive it on Republic day" he elaborated proud of his protg. Rudra thought back to the day when his actions at the border were questioned and how he was threatened with court martial by the same people who were now see him fit for a prestigious military decoration. How much of a difference did Paro's testimony made? She had added to his credibility as a competent officer who made a tough decision and stuck through till the end and not a foolish soldier ruled by bloodlust. She would be proud of him.

Paro! She was at home packing excitedly for their trip to Delhi where Aman's wedding is to be held. He wasn't sure if there was a function on the 26th they had to attend. "Don't worry so much Rudra. Paro is now the wife of a BSD officer. She will be happily to skip the entire wedding to watch you receive this award," the general told him guessing his doubts. "Now sit, there are some personal issues that have to discuss with you," he continued. Rudra was wary, this was about his Paro whom the general and his wife considered their niece. It was simpler when they were just pretending to be engaged with her relatives far, far away. Now with her brother being his partner and her uncle his boss, everything was so complicated. "After the wedding, Geethanjali wants to go see the Taj Mahal. She is thinking of asking you and Paro to join us. But I don't want the same drama that happened over their shopping trip earlier this week," he told the young man pointedly and saw the young man looking down sheepishly as he remembered that day.

He had just woken up. She was applying kohl along her soft eyelids. The same eyelids he had kissed good night for the last three nights. He got out of bed and wrapped his arms around her tiny waist and bit the side of her neck. "Jallad! Now its smudged", she glared at him and started to correct it. He took in her appearance she was wearing a green sari which his aunt had given her. "Paro, what were you laughing about this saree with Kakisa?" he asked. She turned around and told him that when she pretended to be his fiance from Jaipur, Kakisa guessed that they were lying because she didn't recognise Aari work which is famous there. She had presented this saree so that she remembers the needlecraft after spending the last few months in the city. "So where is my gorgeous wife off to?" he asked nuzzling close to her neck. She answered that she was spending the day in Jaipur shopping for Aman bhaisa's upcoming nuptials. "Why go so far for shopping?" he asked. She replied that she wanted to get something special for her new Bhabhi, Kavya which was available only in Jaipur. He was displeased, how will she go and when she will come back. She didn't notice that his grip had tightened his grip and his face had turned grim. She continued to tell him about the sherwani she wanted for him, the sarees for her and something for Aman. She turned and asked if there was something specific he wanted. She was surprised to see anger on his face. "Did I say something wrong?" she asked.

Rudra told her that Jaipur is three hours away and it will be hard for her to go by herself and return before nightfall. She smiled and put her hands round his neck and asked him to come along so that everything will be easy. He shrugged her off and told her that the paperwork for the Tejawat case isn't complete. Her uncle was making him put extra hours to compensate for her brother's absence. She pouted and he promised that as soon as he is done with this case she has his full attention. She relented and told him it was okay and that Samrat bhaisa was going to Jaipur, she will go with him. This didn't help his temper one bit. "No, Paro. You are not to leave this house. Not with Samrat or anybody else. You can either wait for me or you can ask the sareewala to come here. My decision is final." With these words he grabbed his towel and headed to the bathroom. Paro had felt so dejected as if she was his prisoner again with no rights to come and go as she pleased.

Later at the headquarters, his thoughts went back to Paro. He knew he was being stupid. But he didn't want her to go with Samrat. Didn't she want him to come along as her husband or was he so easily replaceable? He had hurt her feelings again. He was so busy these days and when he reached home, he just wanted to relax with his wife. The idea that she was in Jaipur and not at home waiting for his return was incomprehensible to him. It brought back horrible memories of the night he and Aman spent on the highway wondering whether she was dead or alive. He shuddered to think what would have happened if Geethanjali ma'am hadn't found her. The bloody shawl didn't help matters one bit. And now he wasn't just the officer in charge of her safety but her husband. He loved her so much that even a scratch on her delicate skin felt like a monumental failure on his part. But his concern for her safety was robbing her freedom. He had forgotten that she has her own interests to pursue too. She used to go to the NGO with her aunt every other day while in Jaipur. Maybe he should arrange for a constable so that she can move around as she pleased without worrying about her safety. Even if Tejawat was arrested, he had several enemies who might try to hurt her. But all that was for another day. Now he had to think of a way to make it up to her. He picked up the phone and dialled a familiar number. Maithili picked up the phone and he asked if Paro was still upset. His Bhabhi replied that she had her heart set on going out. And since didn't really get a choice to buy what she wanted for her own wedding he should have let her shop for her brother's. He felt guilty and realised he needed to make it up to his wife.

Rudra spent the entire night working and took off the next morning. Paro was upset that he hadn't come home but when he told her of his plan to take her to Jaipur, she was very happy. He loved it when his actions pleased her. It made him feel like he took away a little bit of the pain he had given her. She told him that Aman wanted her buy clothes and pretty trinkets for him to present to his wife. As he didn't know much about women's articles she wanted her help. "He could have just taken Kavya along and bought these things," he argued. He didn't want to do Aman's shopping on his day off. "Because he wants it to he a surprise. It's feels nice when someone dresses up in the clothes you have picked", she explained. She loved it when little Shanti wore the frocks she made. And she was making kurtas for him now which she hoped he would like. They had spent the next few hours looking at sarees and lehengas of every possible color and hue. Then she wanted bangles and earrings and necklaces. At one point she had wandered off when he stepped out to attend to a phone call. He found her a little later staring at mannequin a pink lehenga curiously. It wasn't the kind she usually wore. It was missing sleeves, a little low cut neckline and had some sort of coat instead of the usual dupatta. She shook her head and walked away. She stopped suddenly and looked back at it longingly when she caught his eye. He raised his eyebrow, she just shook her head avoiding his gaze with a slight blush on her cheek. "Paro, you want to buy this for yourself?" he asked pointing to the outfit coming up to her. She told him that such pretty clothes are for movie stars and not for regular people. He held her chin gently and said, "There is nothing regular about my Paro." She turned away avoiding his gaze with her blush deepening. "Come I want your help picking up a gift for Amam bhaisa" she dragged him away.

Paro wanted to buy a leather jacket and glasses like Rudra's for her brother too. He didn't understand why she was so specific about it. "Because all girls have this dream that her groom is this dashing hero who will always take care of her and I want Kavya to realise that Aman bhaisa is the man she dreams of" she told him very seriously. He wanted to laugh at his wife's naivet but didn't want to bring back her sour mood. He explained to her that Kavya's dream man may not be clad in leather jacket. She may have her own expectations from him. Paro agreed with him but this was an arranged marriage, Kavya needs to be shown how special her husband is. "Do you know how special your husband is?" he teased grabbing her close in the middle of the streets. Her face turned red as she noticed that people were staring at them. But this had no effect on him, his twinkling eyes didn't see anyone but her. She tried to free her hand from his grip, "People are watching, let me go." He told her that he will once she tells him why he is special to her. "Your such a Jallad," she replied with mock anger. He winked at her and reminded her that she is now Mrs. Jallad. She glared at him before leading him to the shop her aunt told her of.

He had managed to placate his annoyed wife and eventually bought what she wanted. He even bought the pink lehenga which she was too shy to buy herself. He realised that his senior was talking about something important when he called out his name thrice. "Yes sir, I'm listening", he lied and tried to focus on the rest of the conversation. The general said, "Rudra, you must accept that there are other people in her life who care about her apart from you. She has a place in our hearts too. Beta, Geethanjali and I miss having her around. That's why she wanted Paro to come along that day. She didn't mean to create unnecessary tension between you too. I have explained to her that you are a now a newly married couple who can't stay away from each other. But I need you to remember that you must hold on to her too tight. You should hold a woman's heart the same way you hold sand in your hand. If you tighten your grip, it will trickle away. But you hold it gently, it will remain with you forever." Rudra understood what his senior was implying. His possessive nature was hurting his Paro. She was the only person in his life that was completely his. And he would make sure she remains happy belonging to him and not feel trapped. "I understand Sir. But I have planned to take her on a honeymoon soon after the wedding. So we won't be able to join you. Next time Geethanjali ma'am plans something, I won't interfere" he assured the older man. The general was pleased and dismissed the officer.

</font>Edited by rithureuben - 9 years ago
Hi.. Me first... Yayy...

Nice update rithu... So our Rudra is still not able to leave his protective instincts or the possessiveness when it comes to Paro... Looking forward to read more...Edited by Cutemithra - 9 years ago
Very nice Update dear ...👍🏼  👏
Hi Rithu
        Very excited to see that you have started writing your next story. Looking forward to your next update

Hema

Lovely start...the premise is very interesting with lot of potential.

I have always loved "possessive" rudra...cute husband-wifey moments...keep it on please even during the maasa track that will eventually come here.  Waiting for the pink lehega "after-effects" eagerly...😛.  Sand wala example ...nice one from General Singh
Yaay darling rithu returns back with her stories and what a start on the dawn of the new year
Am so happy rithu that you have started this FF to explore Paruds life after marriage and the hurdles they face.
So rudra banna still being possessive and lovely Parud moments
Cant wait to read about Aman's wedding and Parud's impending honeymoon
Thanks for the pm and god bless
Hii Rithu,
Happy to see u back with ur story, nice update
The possessive husband is back with his pretty wife. Lovely start. Though Rudr is possessive there is a reason for it. He has seen her in the brink of death and many attacks to her life to take the issue of her security lightly. But now that Tejawat is behind bars hopefully she will be safe. 
I am really enjoying the new tale about Rudra and Paro's marital bliss. Are there going to be any twists? Looking forward to that. Reminds me of the Rudra in the serial before Paro's death.