::A/S Shop:: Tutorials/PSD/Textures Here - DT Note Pg 86 - Page 11

Posted: 8 years ago
My very first texture, a light texture😆
free to use😆

TUTORIAL FOR SIGGIES

As promised I'm here with the tut that can help you to make siggies like the following one 

Requirements: Basic knowledge of PS and it's tools, especially the gradient tool and Layer Mask

So let's start:

1)      Open a new document in PS

2)      Drag the pictures that you want to use in the new document

3)      Select a proper background. You can changed it later if you want, but normally I select the right background before start working, because I think in this way, I can managed the blending work properly and see if I like the effect that I'm getting during the process. I mean if the backgound suits the pics. 

4)      Adjust the pictures accordingly to your likes, you can change the positions later too, so it's not something on which you can't put your hands later.

A)     This is what I have, the start point

5)      Select a Pic, click on the layer mask button, which is near the blending options key, on it's right side. 

6)      A white box will appear on the right side of your picture, that box is called "Layer Mask"

7)      Now with the layer box selected, you can know if your layer mask is select by the existence of a box/broader around it, select the Gradient Tool.

8)      The gradient should be black/white, in normal mode and opacity 100%

B) Just like in the picture

9)      Now you can start the blending/merging process and to do so you have to drew a line on your picture and the tool will do the rest.

10)      The line should go from the edge toward the inside of the picture. Press the mouse once you are near the edge and then with the mouse pressed move toward the inside of the picture. On your picture you should see a gray line being traced

Suggestion: I advise you to start from the top pictures and then pass to those which are in the background, in this way you can see if you like the effect and till which point you need to work on them. If the effect is not coming like what you think, try to reduce the size of the lines that you drew.

C) Look in the picture, the line is not visible, but  it's there.

D) See how the gradient tool works 

11)      Once you have done one side, you have to delete the layer mask and put on another one if you want to merge  the other side of the picture. Because if you try to do the other side with the same layer the previous one will get restored.  I mean the picture will turn normal.

I don't know if what I'm saying is true or not, but with my PS it works  like this only.

12)      Select the layer mask and click on delete, a window will appear, it will show

Apply: click if you want to apply the mask/correction that you have done

Delete: click if you want to restore the picture

Cancel: click if you clicked by mistake on the delete  button

E)  check the picture below

13)      If there are parts that you can't delete with the gradient tool, then you can do it by your own. And to do so follow the following steps

13.1)      Put a layer mask on your pic, just like you put it to use the gradient tool

3)      Select the brush tool

13.2)      Select a soft brush of the size you wish, but I suggest you to stay between 12-20

5)      Set the opacity between 15-25%

13.3)      The color of the brush should be black, normally when you select the brush tool after selected the layer mask, it automatically set the black as the color for the brush

13.4)      Now start passing the parts that you want to delete/fade. The more you will pass the brush on a part, the more it will get faded.

POINT: to get a good effect you have to press the mouse button and don't release if till you don't have faded the entire part that you want to merge/delete. Because if you start releasing and pressing the mouse the fade/delete effect will not look homogenous.  Remember each time you will release and press the mouse button the part already deleted will got deleted more once you pass on them again.

F) Check the picture

14) When you are done put some good effects and the work is done. Once you got how the thing work everything will get more simple and easy.

Hope it helped. For any other questions feel free to scrap or PM me.

P.S. you can apply this method on Gifs too, but before apply it,  you have to group the layers of the Gifs and then on the group folder put a layer mask.

-Preet-

Edited by Preet.Kc - 8 years ago
thank you Preet.Kc for this siggy tutorial

I was trying to make something else but pressed the wrong button and ended up with this. 😆

I  thought it be a great texture to share so here it is.

You do not need to credit me and you can do whatever you want with it. I do request you to save it for yourself though as one day I will delete it but you'll still have a copy.

Oh and if you want do show me what you did with it. Enjoy!

Arya

@Cortona lovely texture saved

Someone asked me to repost this tutorial. so here you go ðŸ˜ƒ

TUT FOR TEXTS

Option Gradient Overlay

Step 1: open a new document in PS without background

(you can also open a normal document and then hide the background layer later)

Step 2: Write any text with any color

Just like in the picture

Step 3: now with the text layer selected, open the blending options

To open the blending options click on the little button on the bottom bar (fx) this is the icon

Or right click on the layer and normally it is the first option.

Step 4:  

4.1: click on the drop shadow option, which is at the last option on your left. If you want you can play with it, but in this case I took the default settings, which goes well most of the time.

4.2: click on the Outer Glow option which is the second-last one.

Blend mode: Screen

Opacity: 100%

Noise: 0

Select any color for the out glow I'm going for the default one

Technique: softer (if you want you can change it)

Spread: 0%

Size: 5 px (but you can change it accordingly to your likes)

Contourn: I went for the "half round" but even Linear is Okay

Range: 50%

Jitter: 0%

4.3: click on the Gradient Overlay option always from the list from your left, it is fourth from last option.

Blend Mode: Normal

you can try even overlay, but to use it you have to know that it changes accordingly to the color of your text, so I suggest you to use Overlay mode only if your text is not Black, because with the black one you don't get good shades, when with other colors, you get pretty shades.

Opacity: 100%

Gradient: I selected  a dark pink/purple one

Reverse: Unticked

Style: LINEAR

Align with Layer box ticked

Angle: 0

Sclae 100%

See the image for more details  

This is want you will get:

Step 5: duplicate for 2 times your text layer, now you have in total 3 layers in the following order.

The Top One: Original Copy 2

The middle layer: Original Copy

The button one: Original

Just like I have in the picture:

Step 6: now select the middle one layer and JUST CHANGE the settings of the GRADIENT OVERLAY option

All will remain the same except for the Style which you have to change from Linear to Radial

See the picture

This is what you will have

Step 7: click on the top one layer and go to the blending options. Here too you have to make just one change in the Gradient Overlay option. Here you have to Tick the box near the word REVERSE.

Check the picture

This is what you will have

ANIMATION INSTRUCTIONS

1)      Go to the timeline box, you already have one frame there

2)      Select a time accordingly to your taste, I put 0,2 sec.

3)      Duplicate the frame for 2 times, by clicking on the button on the timeline back, the one near to the dustbin icon.

4)      In frame one, only the first/bottom layer should be visible, hide the other one by clicking on the little eyes near the layers.

5)      Click on Frame Two and hide layer one and layer three, just the layer in the middle should be visible.

6)      Click on the Frame Three and hide layer one and two, only the third one should be visible, the top one.

SEE THE PICTURES

THE RESULT

Originally posted by Preet.Kc

Someone asked me to repost this tutorial. so here you go ðŸ˜ƒ

TUT FOR TEXTS

Belated Eid Mubarak friends. Stay blessed. Ameen🤗

new psds😃

(looks watchable with dark pictures😃😆)

link: http://mariasinghraizada.deviantart.com/art/AahilSanam-PSD-3-BY-MariaSinghRaizada-547279231

link: http://mariasinghraizada.deviantart.com/art/PremHeer-PSD-4-BY-MariaSinghRaizada-547280141