Posted: 9 years ago
๐Ÿ˜‰Nishaa my sweetie!! You mentioned the nose ring AGAIN!!!๐Ÿ˜‰
๐Ÿ˜‰
Ab to Raman ki bhi sui adh gayi hai wahan!!โ˜บ๏ธ
Edited by arnavkidevani - 9 years ago
Time is 6hrs 30 minutes 
Pleiss update karo!!!! 
Maine tho brush bhi nahi Kiya Aapne update kyun nahi Diya??
Originally posted by arnavkidevani

๐Ÿ˜‰Nishaa my sweetie!! You mentioned the nose ring AGAIN!!!๐Ÿ˜‰
๐Ÿ˜‰
Ab to Raman ki bhi sui adh gayi hai wahan!!โ˜บ๏ธ

You mean she touches her nose ring right? He does not think of it, woh tho apni ungliya chuss Raha thaa! ๐Ÿ˜†
Romba nalla irukku inda update!! I really liked it... Very refreshing.. Pls update soon.. Ne ippo da paatein.. Two updates ina nnight!! I was reading them with one eye closed.. Imagine!! Update update update
BTW she is 27 ya 28 pls clarify karei I know in grand scheme it does not matter in India we are always saying 28 running kya pata what that means ๐Ÿค”
Part 9

Holes in Swiss cheese and Rs 5

Unaware they both continued to misrepresent facts and misunderstand each other's motives and intentions
Monday
A week passed by uneventfully, Ishita's IT/IS services prepared to arrive at the Gurgain showroom. 
She met with Mr Ranjan daily in the meanwhile, he introduced them to key people at the Gurgaon showroom... 
she and Baldev Goyal was also introduced to the IT, Finance and Accounting people at Spectrum... she put in 14 hour days... not returning home until 9 or 11 PM many nights
Amma worried if she was going to be driving by herself at that hour, Baldev and or Amit usually brought her home to Appa's D II flat in RK Puram and didnt leave until she was securely inside
She worked with a great group of people the company was hugely invested in their safety and even had "lounges with nap rooms" if any female employee did not want to return home at night
The following Monday, around noonish she was in the Gurgaon showroom talking with the Accounts manager and cashier going over what a typical day looked like...
Ranjan walked by to talk with the SUV delivery manager... she excused herself saying she would go grab a bite to eat, Ranjan stopped her
"Ruk jao aap, I havent eaten either we can go together" he said cheerfully
Her lunch was at her desk Amma had sent her favorite poha, she wasnt about to miss it, she paused wanted to tell him she would go grab her lunch
She looked for Baldev he wasnt around...
"Its fine Mr Bhalla I have lunch at my desk I can quickly go grab it"
"I was heading out to a sandwich shop next door Cobby's..."
She nodded reluctantly...
They stepped out in the balmy Delhi winter afternoon, she left her shawl at the Delivery Mgr's desk...
They went in and he ordered his she ordered hers, HE PAID FOR BOTH
She insisted she was not allowed to let the client pay, she was told "U are fasting so I will eat both" and winked
Unaware his youngest sat by the window chowing down on a turkey sandwich had seen it all

She filled out their soda cups and walked over to a side table, not notcing R&B in there...
Ranjan had no reason to know any thing about his son's whereabouts.. he was not even in Delhi... or so he thought...
Mihir had said he was going to Blore and Cochin...

They talked about being South Indian in Delhi and art and culture and music, and how much he loved seeing her parents
She wanted to ask him if his son always violated the dress code to work, but shut up...
Ranjan as if on cue mentioned R&B all by himself... "Raman" he began Ishita was for some reason reminded of the way the ice fell into the soda cup
sloshing the drink all over... and outside... she looked at her soda cup... it sat still... her insides felt like it had just sloshed over
"He is not generally rude" Ranjan continued
Ishita smiled understandingly... not
"He is quite moody. But he is very smart"
"How ever much a college drop out can be u mean" she said to herself
She wondered if Ranjan would hand everything to Raman eventually
Raman looked and acted unkempt and unruly and bratty she was suddenly envious of how things got handed to some people... about good fortune and hard work...
Ranjan spoke about his kids his brother and his 4 boys...
He again asked her about her parents... used the word "cultured and refined" a lot in refernce to them
Ishita nodded smiling...
"Do u sing Ms Iyer?" he asked
"I do... a lot... mostly under coercion or blackmail" she said
He laughed out loud... his son turned to look at the duo
"Do u only sing classical?"
"Oh! No... when my Mom isnt around I sing a lot of Hindi... we have mehfils at friends' and I sing a lot... mostly Hindi mostly songs from 1970s and 1960s and 1980s" Ishita gushed
U dont listen to English music? Or world?"
"Not much at all" "Rhythm & Blues is not something I care for" she wanted to say but bit her lower lip instead
They finished their lunch and crawled out of the place, fighting crowds of lunch traffic...
~~
Tuesday
She elevator-ed down to the Daily Perk on 5th and bought herself the daily mocha and a slice of cinnamon bread
It was crowded and busy, at 9:15 AM... she had come in at 7:07, she wore a watered down yellow shirt and coffee colored pants... 
her hair was tied in a knot/chignon at the base of her neck, she looked a year or two older but she didnt care 
she was really rushed and didnt have time to pretty herself up at 5 AM...
She walked over to the register to pay "Its been taken care of she was told as she pulled out Rs.98 and change..
She turned to see who had... it was R&B he was walking out... with his cuppa in black jeans and a bluish shirt with shoulder traps, 
part tucked part out, Velcro strap sandals on the feet like he was at some bloody airport...
"Next time please dont accept money from other people" she ordered firmly

"He can humiliate me at work thats a bigger reward" she hissed to heserlf...
Oh! THAT WAS WAITING... when she went up...

She and Baldev were asked by Mr Bansal to follow up with the "YOUNGER Bhalla"
Ishita was FURIOUS... upon hearing from Mr Goyals' boss's boss's boss
She didnt know which point of the org chain the summons came from it made her mad
She met with Goyal for an hour she didnt have the benchmarking data complete or the costs broken down in the way he had wanted two weeks ago
They had begun to go live in Gurgaon and so she had let that slip
Despite 14 hour days, it was pending...
They went up to the 20th... Ranjan was missing... but the "betaji" was around... on the phone...
He smiled partially for Baldev, Ishita didnt smile at him, "Cold morning" Baldev made small talk
"Not as cold as it should be" R&B argued
"This is not Canada... I am happy" she blurted..
"No its not..." he said looking at her.. he hated the knot of hair on her head.. he was just about getting a hang of the length... she bunched it all up and hid it...
When she lunched with his Dad yesterday she almost had it all down in some strange half  braid half open stunt... his jaw clenched

"Do we have any updates?"
"None actually" Ishita lied...
Baldev was shocked as they had both agreed to present 60% or what they hand...
"I was told a week was needed" R&B said flatly
"We were asked to start deploying in Guragon"
"It must be hard to multi task then?"
Baldev began... "We have made progress but we wanted to wait"
"Baldev he began... lets do the benchmarking data first" he looked impassive but sounded angry
She didnt know what the deal was with the "ambitious loser"
He was not impressed with what they had, she began explaining he didnt sound happy...
"Your Dad had reviewed this with Mr Bansal last week and he seemed quite impressed with teh scalability Mr Bhalla" was all she said
Linking him to his father pissed him off or what she didnt know... there was also a condescending tone to her speech "You are not smart enough 
to understand all this you all about brand name clothes and perfumes, so give it up, let DADDY take care of binness?" maybe?"
"U are trying to imply I am incapable of comprehending Ms Iyer? he aksed firmly
Baldev was on the phone by the window
"Yes yes yes U rakshasan" she screamed mutely
"Not exactly, just that this data has been whetted and approved" she said smugly
"It has more holes than swiss cheese" he said bluntly
"You are unable to understand" she stopped

The attendant walked in... handed him an envelope
It had Rs.93 and 50 paisa in it
Ishita turned red... it was the coffee money her peon had brought, it arrived WHEN SHE WAS IN THE ROOM
"I dont want you to pay for my coffee" she said recklessly
He looked ready to lunge across the table...Baldev returned... Ishita and R&B were  circling each other trying to draw more blood... like a hyenas around a dead lion..
"People send u money in envelopes? Are we back to the barter exchange times?" Baldev mocked
Ishita wanted to grab that enevlope and rain the change on his head
"Its Rs.5 short" he said looking at her... "I dare u to give it to me now Ms Iyer" kinda look(the Rs.5 coin she slipped in there must have fallen out DARN PEON!!

Edited by Nisha0604 - 9 years ago
Originally posted by columbia

BTW she is 27 ya 28 pls clarify karei I know in grand scheme it does not matter in India we are always saying 28 running kya pata what that means๐Ÿค”

Oue!!! Tu RPF update kareGi ya nahi ๐Ÿ˜ก
Originally posted by ashu9

Oue!!! Tu RPF update kareGi ya nahi ๐Ÿ˜ก

Chodho yaar meri tho inspiration hi so gayi! 

Have to wait for a long long time I think believe me I am more upset than readers 

Tab takk I am going to highly enjoy this new fascination R&B and II