Sri Radhakrsna's Leela - Part IV (Updated Chapter 42 on Page 30) - Page 23

Posted: 7 years ago

Chapter 42: Two Manis and a Ruby

Ekanamsha opened her eyes and looked at what seemed to be almost the entire city crowded in the temple, awaiting her to return to consciousness. Among them stood her family, all of them looking distraught.

She concluded her tapas for the day with a small prayer and rose.  "What happened, father?" she asked, holding Devaki's hand.

When Vasudeva could not answer her question, Balarama spoke. "Twenty eight days ago, Krsna, some of our warriors and me had left for the forest to search for Satrajit's lost brother Prasenajit, and the Syamantaka Mani, which Prasenajit had taken along with him. We found Prasenajit killed by a lion in the forest, but the Mani was missing. Since Satrajit had asked us to retrieve the Mani even if Prasena was gone, Krsna went further into the forest. We found the lion lying dead on the forest floor some distance further, and tracing the trail of the animal that killed it, we came across a cave.

"Krsna entered the cave alone, ordering us to return without him if he took a long time to come back. We waited twelve days, but there was no sign of Krsna's return. Therefore, we returned with heavy hearts, and have been praying at your shrine for the past sixteen days."

Ekanamsha looked at Balarama. You purposely withheld Krsna's activities from our poor people?!

It's his leela. What am I supposed to do? I don't want to mess things up.

We'll have a talk later, brother dear.

Ekanamsha turned to the public. "Krsna is safe. He is on his way home, bringing along with him a most precious jewel."

Jambavan called his son Sukumara and his daughter Jambavati. "My dear children, this is Lord Vaasudeva Krsna, the prince of the Yadavas! Do you remember me telling you about Lord Rama, the great son of Maharaja Dasaratha? He is the very same Rama, reincarnated into this form. Fall at his feet and seek his blessings!"

Staring at Krsna with awe, the young boy Sukumara and his elder sister fell at his feet. Krsna blessed them both and turned to his friend. "So, you have at last had a good opponent to fight with, haven't you?"

Jambavan laughed throatily. He offered the Syamantaka Mani to Krsna with joy; looking at his dear Lord's face, he remembered a conversation he had had with Sita and Rama in the Pushpaka Vimana...

Oh Rama! Seeing both you and Sita together fills my heart with utmost joy! You are like a daughter to me, Sita! How I wish that you could take another incarnation from my family, so that I could marry you both and delight myself!'

Sita looked compassionately at Jambavan, while Rama chuckled. Like the many sages who came forward with similar proposals, oh Rksha Raja, you too forget that I have taken the Ekapatni Vrata! So even if Sita were to incarnate in your family, I wouldn't marry her!'

Seeing Jambavan's slight disappointment, Sita looked at Rama chidingly. Rama smiled at her and turning to Jambavan, said, In time, my friend, I shall fulfil this wish of yours as well...'

Jambavan was jolted back to the present with a slight touch from Krsna, who was ready to leave.

"Wait, Rama! I have a sincere request!"

Krsna looked back. "So you understood my import finally?"

Jambavan nodded, beckoning to his daughter. "Dear Jambavati, do you agree to marry Lord Krsna?"

Taken aback by this sudden request, Jambavati's cheeks flushed red, and she looked with a thrilled expression at the Yadava prince. Understanding the unsaid, Jambavan continued. "Then, oh former-Ekapatni-Vrata Rama, who currently blesses me as Yadava Krsna, deign to accept my daughter as your wife!"

Krsna smiled widely, his eyes twinkling with mirth, and drawing up himself, he said majestically, "I accept your daughter as my wife, Oh Rksha Raja." He looked within Jambavati, at the amsha of the rebellious Lalita, who had never expressed her own desires, and was now thrilled to have them fulfilled.

Jambavan and his daughter experienced bliss of which they had hitherto been unknown of, as the father joined his daughter's hand with his dear Lord's lotus hands, tears of happiness streaming down his eyes.

Vasudeva, Devaki, Rohini and others were ecstatic as they saw Krsna enter the city, shining with the brilliance of the Syamantaka Mani. Behind him came a lady of great beauty, her eyes following Krsna's movements with a sense of pride.

As people thronged around Krsna, and Balarama and Ekanamsha looked upon him with glee, he and Jambavati fell at the feet of their elders, seeking their blessings. Krsna introduced his new wife to the citizens of Dvaraka, and looked at Rukmini. Their eyes met. Sita stared at her Rama. You have shed your vow of being married only to me?

You of all people understand this avatara completely, my love.

Sita glared at him for a second and then relented. Rukmini strode forward and embraced Jambavati. "Welcome home, sister."

|| Sri Lalita-Jambavati Nayako Vijayate||

Satrajit rushed to welcome Krsna and Balarama, apologies streaming from his mouth in a torrential downpour. Krsna shook his head politely and returned the Syamantaka Mani to its owner. He and Balarama then made themselves comfortable on the seats arranged for them.

To Krsna's surprise, Satyabhama, Satrajit's daughter, entered the room along with her two sisters, Prasvapini and Vratini, and her other sakhis. He glanced at her face, and she returned his gaze with a loving smile like no other girl had ever done.

Satrajit looked at the exchange of  expressions between the two, and seemed to confirm something. He whispered into his wife's ears, and she nodded with delight.

"Oh, Krsna, I wish that you keep the Syamantaka Mani for yourself! I have learnt my lesson, and wish that the jewel be preserved in our treasury!"

"No, oh noble sir. You can keep the jewel for yourself! All I ask is that you donate the gold you are blessed with to the treasury of Dvaraka, so it can be put to good use."

After much argument both ways, Satrajit finally conceded to Krsna's suggestion. He then said, "Even if you do not accept to keep the Mani, I have a greater Mani to offer to you."

Satrajit held his daughter's shoulders and said, "This is my daughter Satyabhama, my most precious jewel, and a Bhama-Mani, a Mani among women! Oh Keshava, please accept my daughter's hand in marriage to yourself!"

Satyabhama gasped with elation and turned to her father, trying to convey all her emotions through her eyes. She glanced back at her Madhava, and to her pleasure, he said, "I accept to marry your daughter, Oh Satrajit."

Satyabhama blushed furiously, Radharani's amsha inside her dancing with joy.

Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 7 years ago
Yes yes yes ðŸ˜³
I knew it was coming today ðŸ˜‰

Radhika-Satyabhama Kanto Vijayate! ðŸ˜ƒ

Reserved for now ðŸ˜‰
And please please. Full marriage ðŸ˜›
Originally posted by KrishnaPriyaa

Yes yes yes ðŸ˜³
I knew it was coming today ðŸ˜‰

Radhika-Satyabhama Kanto Vijayate! ðŸ˜ƒ

Reserved for now ðŸ˜‰
And please please. Full marriage ðŸ˜›

That's why I have stopped it with her blush - I wanted to finish off their marriage but then I thought "dont' rush it."
Amazing, bhaiya! Ramji had to promise so many people, but, that is his job! And, if Satyabahama has Radha's amsha in her and Jambhavathi has Lalita's, then who does Rukmini have?
Originally posted by shabari14

Amazing, bhaiya! Ramji had to promise so many people, but, that is his job! And, if Satyabahama has Radha's amsha in her and Jambhavathi has Lalita's, then who does Rukmini have?
Chandravali ðŸ˜›
Arrggh! I can't believe I forgot to comment here!
Anyways, this was an amazing update! Loved Jambavati and Bhama's reactions (and the parallels) to Kanha's approval!
Wow! I never knew that even Jambavan wanted Seeta as his daughter!