•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
Chandana off to Ranthambore
   By: Tushar Joshi
   October 5, 2006

Chandana

Now that her show is off air, Chandana Sharma can breathe easy. The actress had been working non-stop on Star One's Yeh Dil Chahe More, till it went off air last week. Now, the actress plans to make the most of her free time by taking a trip to Ranthambore forest, home of the world famous tiger sanctuary.

Breaking free

A devoted animal lover and an adventure freak, it didn't take much time for the actress to zero in on Ranthambore National Park. "I'll be leaving with a couple of friends some time next week. I've been to the Jim Corbett Park and a few other places before, so this time I thought about going to Ranthambore," she says.

Apart from indulging in some tiger-spotting, she also wants to get away from the city for a while. "I wanted to get away from the hustle-bustle of Mumbai and take a break. After working for such a long time, I needed to recharge my batteries before taking on a new assignment," she adds.

Tiger-spotting

After tackling the stray dogs issues by getting them sterilised, Chandana now wants to take up the issue of tiger conservation. "I want to get actively involved in the process and promotion of wildlife protection. Especially tigers, who are such beautiful creatures but thanks to poaching, their numbers have dwindled drastically."

Sharma wants to meet Bittu Sehgal, a prolific activist for tiger conservation. "He has done some great work, so it would be interesting to meet him and hear what he has to say."

Even though she knows spotting a tiger has a lot to do with luck, the actress wants to give it her best shot. "They say it can take from weeks and months to actually see one in the forest. However, there are some who have seen a tiger within minutes of landing in the forest. I hope that I get to encounter one as well."

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/october/144616.htm