ArHi SS: ThE BrOkEn BaNgLeS *Chap 08* Pg 29 | 4/7

Posted: 9 years ago

Chapter Five

Three years passed away. While Arnav completed his degree and passed with distinction, Khushi busied herself in household work. Her life meant nothing. She completed her education from home through a private collage that enabled her to just sit for the exam and attend her classes whenever she wanted. Anjali was her only support in Raizada mansion that has forced her to complete her study no matter how broken Khushi felt. Slowly and gradually she recovered from the shock. But without Aranv, her best friend who cut all the ties she was left with her loneliness. When she did not know about Arnav atleast mentally he was there always in her thoughts, but now she felt hollow after Atnav's announcement that he will be her greatest enemy and that their friendship is over.

These three years were not easy for Khushi. Dadi made it all the more difficult for her to breath in the house. Every now and then she never left a chance to taunt her and insult her. She was restricted from wearing salwar, let alone western and she was forced to wear dull white clothing all the time. Dadi made sure Khushi suffered more than what she deserved by forcing her to stop eating non veg food. She also tired to distant Kittu, Anjali's daughter. It was the first time Khushi smiled and shaded happy tears holding the little bundle in her hand. Immediately the bond between Kittu and Khushi because stronger.

"What are your cooking Khushi? Do add bhindi in today's menu", Anjali came and stirred the stew. Khushi froze immediately hearing Anjali and took a sharp turn. Anjali's back was facing her so she was unable to see her face. But suddenly her heart started beating heavily against her chest. Why was she feeling that Arnav would be coming home? She closed her eyes and tried to gulp the unsettling feeling. And right on the cue Anjali turned to face Khushi. Walking towards her she gave her a tight sympatric smile. "Everything is going to be alright khushi. Three years, is a lot and I am sure Arnav has forgiven you".

Khushi held Anjali's palm that cupped her face and squeezed. "Di you don't know him. He never forgets anything. You haven't seen his eyes when he said everything between us was over. He can never ever forgive me".

Anjali tried to light up her mood, "Khushi I am sure he must have. He has moved on. He doesn't talk about his brother any more doesnot ask any questions lately".

"At the same time he doesnot talk about me. Never asks how am I doing?" Khushi sighed and then added, "I miss him Di" with that her eyes started to blur with unlashed tears.

"Trust me Khushi, he still cares for you. No matter how much he tries to avoid asking about you directly but I can understand the feelings he goes through when he talks to me. If he did not care about you then he would have never prolonged our chat asking whether everything is fine more than three times and the moment used to tell him that you are fine I could hear him sigh deeply". Anjali cupped Khushi's face with both the hands and kissed her forehead. "Give him sometime to adjust khushi. That's the best you can do. Think about him, think about the week what he has gone through. His accident, his beloved brother's loss, then loosing his best friend was the final nail to the coffin. Remember how he left the mansion without letting us know about it Khushi? He was deeply wounded. I know it's not your fault and there was a big misunderstanding and you have faced the burnt more than anybody did, but sweetheart please don't lose hope over him". Anjali brushed her tears away, "He might say you guys are over and he has moved on, but trust me he haven't. I can tell you from his voice, his unsaid emotions, his unasked questions over the telephone everytime".

Khushi hugged Anjali and confessed, "I really love him di" a miserable sob escaped from her throat. "I have always loved him and only him. I have married him in my heart. Though it was someone else in front of me. But I have always imagined him with whom I was getting married".

"Oh khushi, I know that and trust me one day he would understand each and everything you tell him".

Arnav stepped out of his car and took the bag with him. He was in a fowl mood and he knows exactly why. He hated to come home. He never wanted to see her again. The pain she has caused was unbearable but he did his best for cope up with it but never forget it. She might have been his best friend. But she proved that she was nothing but a gold digger by marrying his brother with whom she had no connection. All those promises were false that she made him. And he was the biggest fool who waited for her.

But now everything was over. It has been over ever since he came to know the truth and his heart because as hard as a stone. No one could break that wall, he vowed to himself. Love was nothing but a bullshit that made people weak and fool. And Arnav Singh Raizada was no fool. He was smart, intelligent, and successful. He was back to take over his father's overseas business. His training under his big brother starts from tomorrow after which there was no looking back. There was no permanent woman in his life and he doesn't mean to have one. Maybe after 40s if he feels to keep someone with him, he would have one but not that this moment. This moment he vowed to work hard and achieve the unachievable and no one would stop him.

Arnav unlocked the front door and entered the house. It was quiet. He checked the living room calling Anjali's name but there was no response.

He walked towards the kitchen. While on his way he heard a soft humming sound. He peeped in and saw the woman he resented the most. His heart leaped several times seeing her in white. Her face was pale, no make up. And she looked thinner than the last time he saw her. Her hair was tied in a messy bun, the pallu of the saree was secured in her waist. He could see glimpse of her navel. Her arms were half covered with half sleeved white blouse. Her back was totally close. Not an inch was flesh was visible except her mid portion. Her skin was paler. Even in that simple disgusting saree, she looked like an angel. His eyes once again travelled towards her navel and lingered there for few second when he felt her stiffen. She stopped whatever she was doing and froze. He knows, she has sensed him. That's what always happened between the two of them. They could sense each other even when they were out of each other's sight.

The hair at her nape stood up when she heard his footsteps in the kitchen. She didn't dare to turn around because she know who has that effect on her.

He came and stood right behind her and she closed her eyes in fear. She holding the knife in death grip when she felt him brushing his chest against her back. She thought it was impossible because he wont do such things. Her mind was reeling and whenever he was close to her, she imagined things.

He saw his hand from the corner of her eyes that approached towards her hand. Her knuckles turned white in anticipation. She stated to precipitate. This cannot be happening she thought. She could feel his breath against her nape when he advanced his hand further and took two pieces of carrot that she was chopping. Then suddenly she felt cool air wash her back. She turned and immediately lock her gaze with him. He was dangerously close to her. Her knife fell on the floor and with that had she gripped the counter.

"Arrrnaav..." she stammered miserably and looked at his lips that was parted. That's exactly when Arnav snapped from the hallucinating moment. He looked at her, his eyes turning into rage, his chest having drastically and he finally came out from his impossible dream.

What the? The thought, what was wrong with him. He was about to kiss her? He took two steps back crushing those carrots in his finger and threw it across the kitchen. Khushi's gaze was puzzled. She was trying to figure out the sudden change in him when she strolled out of the kitchen in anger.

NEXT
Chap : Six

How to buddy me
add
AppyIndyPM

or

To receive notification on TWITER
https://twitter.com/appyindy

Chapters

Six

Seven

Eight

Previous Thread

ArHi SS: ThE BrOkEn BaNgLeS Chap 01 to Chap 04

Edited by -Koeli_Appy- - 5 years ago
Yipee me first..
Found ur story today..
Read all posts..
Want to read more..
Please add me to ur pm list
amazing update...
arnav back after 3 years...
poor khushi's misery never ending...
OMG in emotion he was going to kiss her...
update soon...
Omg he can't keep his feelings at check when khushi is around.

Want to see how the story unfolds.
-UnRes-
Darn!
That wuz some kickass comeback aftr soo longg Appy Di! ;)
Arnav Khushi's love hate relationship !! *lovestruck*
Lalala!
This is gonna be intense! <3
& I'm frm nw only waitingg fr the dae whn Arnav will come to know the whole truth & repent hardly !! ;)
Talkin about repenting, Lemme jus say tht Appy Diii, You Rockk in writing repenting scenario!! ;D
What wid all those Saaaxiness & Awesomeness!! <3
Thinkin of wch is givin me Goosebumps nw !! ^_^
Haha!
Anyways ..
Great chap, Yar!! ^_^
I abso-friggin-lutely luurrveeddd it!! <3
Waitingg fr the story to progress ..
P.s: Tonight is turnin out to be My Night !! ;)
Me on 1st page!!! YESS!!! *airpunch*
Edited by -Megha - 9 years ago
Read all 5 chapters in one go
Nice concept and update
Waiting for more updates please update pawn soon
Welcome back 
Feeling bad for kushi

Congrats on the new thread!!! Awesome update!!!
That was beautiful update...

I hope Arnav understands kushi and free her from his dadi's miseries...
appz.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u're back😲i mean on fics thread😛
unbelievable*ASR's style*😉
thanx a looot fr updating...thanx muuuch...
res fr wrds...