Posted: 9 years ago

MM: Rahul Khanna, we love you but you're a bit of an International man of mystery, what are you up to these days?

RK: Well, maintaining IMM status is quite time consuming. When I'm not testing camera pens, cracking ciphers, mixing martinis and getting fitted for the perfect tux, I'm busy meeting filmmakers and reading scripts for potential new film projects, battling my Punjabi/Parsi gene cocktail at the gym, doing photo shoots, maybe filming an ad, doing an appearance or hosting an event. And, at night, I put on a cape and fight crime.

MM: You seem like a reader, what's your favorite book of all time?

RK: That would be Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. Growing up, I read and re-read it so many times, completely awestruck by what a vivid imagination and wonderfully quirky sense of humour Roald Dahl had. All the characters were so specific and unique and the visual imagery and sensory descriptions were so fantastical and are probably what lead to my (now chronic) chocoholism. And I loved the message at the heart of it, about being true to yourself, even if you're the underdog and that ultimately being a good guy pays off.

MM: I collect movie quotes so was wondering, what's your all time favorite line from a movie ever?

RK: I don't know if this counts but the song "Bare Necessities" from The Jungle Book that Baloo sings to Mowgli:

"Look for the bare necessities / The simple bare necessities / Forget about your worries and your strife / I mean the bare necessities / Are Mother Nature's recipes / That bring the bare necessities of life / Wherever I wander / Wherever I roam / I couldn't be fonder / Of my big home / The bees are buzzin' in the tree / To make some honey just for me / When you look under the rocks and plants / And take a glance at the fancy ants / Then maybe try a few..."

Till today when I see ants, I think, "They look fancy. Maybe I should try a few."

MM: What was the last song stuck in your head?

RK: Character Dheela. I just can't get the darned thing out of my head. I do, however, think it's an absolutely brilliant title. 10 points to whoever came up with it.

MM: Give me three words to describe Bollywood.

RK: Wild. Colourful. Loud.

MM: How about three words to describe yourself?

RK: Salty. Fuzzy. Cranky.

MM: Do you have a favorite memory from childhood?

RK: Body surfing in the sea during weekends at our beach house with my brother and cousins, trying to catch the biggest waves at the right point. The aim was to literally be spit out by the ocean and find yourself turbo-deposited right at the waterline on the beach, gasping for breath, with a very sand-grazed torso. It sounds violent and painful but it was fun!

MM: Are you and your brother Akshaye close? What's the last fun thing you guys did together?

RK: Yes, we're close. We both love dogs and Akshaye has just adopted 2 gorgeous strays so lately we've constantly been discussing issues that crop up with them and Googling canine training, nutrition and health advice together.

MM: I confess I'm a (reality TV junkie) but whats your take on reality TV?

RK: I don't watch Reality TV at all. (Well, maybe sometimes I don't switch channels when the Kardashian sisters are on.) I'm more of a sitcom junkie. I probably know every line fromFriends by heart. I also love FraiserTwo & A Half MenEverybody Loves Raymond and The King of Queens. Apart from sitcoms I love shows like True BloodCalifornicationRome,Spartacus and, my new favourite, Episodes with Matt LeBlanc.

MM: What's the one thing about you that nobody would ever guess?

RK: I secretly believe I was bought from gypsies and my parents just made up a random birth date because I have yet to read a horoscope that came anywhere close to being true.

MM: And now for a few of your Twitter Qs:

RK: Thank you so much for your kind words, @k_disha. I adore making movies and I would like nothing more than to be constantly working on new projects so I am always on the lookout for interesting new roles.

P.S. Oh, how I LOVE thee, RK. 
Damn, RK, what a sultry sexy looking beast...
Originally posted by Fiery.Phoenix

Damn, RK, what a sultry sexy looking beast...

IKR. I LOVE  him. More than his looks, he is very very smart, and very very witty. His Twitter pagereads : Boutique Bollywood Actor.

I mean, C'mon!! ☺️
Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 9 years ago
Originally posted by LadyDabangg

I love Akshaye more😭

But he loves Ash.. 😆

He's very nice but DAYUM! His elder brother IS JUST SOMETHING ELSE. ❤️
mallika choose!!
Fawad or Rahul or Saif
Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

But he loves Ash.. 😆

He's very nice but DAYUM! His elder brother IS JUST SOMETHING ELSE. ❤️
i know
woh aaj bhi mansi se pyaar karta hai😭

mallika choose!!
Fawad or Rahul or Saif

How can I choose between my heart, head or limbs... 😆
Edited by Mallika-E-Bhais - 9 years ago

i know
woh aaj bhi mansi se pyaar karta hai😭

Don't know about that but yes- He was in CRAZY LOVE with Ash. AWWW!
Originally posted by Mallika-E-Bhais

Don't know about that but yes- He was in CRAZY LOVE with Ash. AWWW!

arrey mansi is aish
that dialogue was from taal😛

He used to be a VJ long back  I shipped Rahul with Nandita after watching Earth, what a hot pair and him & Laila Raous as well...
 whatever happened to Akshaye is he doing films anymore ...