Balika Vadhu

Aasiya Kazi Joins The Cast Of Balika Vadhu

Muktchand thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

AASIYA KAZI JOINS THE CAST OF BALIKA VADHU

Soon we will see Aasiya Kazi take up the role of Ganga in Balika Vadhu. Known for her acting skills, Aasiya was last seen in Colors' popular show Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha Season 2 portraying the role of Ruku Vaidya. From one popular show to another, Aasiya feels privileged to be a part of a long running show like Balika Vadhu and is all set to embrace the challenge.

Excerpts from the interview:

Aasiya on her first few days of shoot 

I'm really enjoying the shoot even though it's a bit strenuous. Everyone is very warm on sets and I've almost met all cast from my family and it's been a good meet.

Entering a popular show like Balika Vadhu, which has been running since 6 years, did you find it challenging? 

I think it's a very nice show and yes it is a challenge to be a part of something which is already established among fans. The reason this show has been doing so well over the years is because it always focuses on new tracks and stories and doesn't dwell on the same drama. I'm excited to be a part of it.

What is that one thing about the role of Ganga's character that made you say yes for it?

Honestly, it is the show in total that made me agree! The character is really positive and the show in itself has a positive outlook. There are varied tracks in the show and each story is interesting to watch. Even with Ganga's character I get a chance to do a lot within the plot.

Working with veteran actors like Surekha Sikri, were you nervous to meet her?

Till now I've shot most of my scenes with Surekhaji and Shashank (Vyas) and it's been delightful. She's a very nice person and initially I didn't know how to talk to her because there's a certain kind of respect. But she's nice to everyone on sets, it's like a learning experience to observe her act. Everyone in fact has been very welcoming, even Shashank helps me out sometimes in some of the scenes. It'll take a little time to build rapport with everyone but I think it'll work out fine.

What can your fans expect from you in the role of Ganga?

I believe that it'll take time for fans to accept a new face, especially when the character is already an established one. And since the show has been on-air from 6 years to accept any new face, be it any character, the flow will take some time. But I can assure fans that not only me but the entire time is putting their best efforts and hard work to deliver a successful show and I hope the audience keeps enjoying.

Edited by blushing - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RTee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Aditi.

Nice pic. 

Honest with her answers. 

I think she is aware about the extent of the role that she is getting into.
Edited by RTee - 9 years ago
umam thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Aditi 😊
RainbowSun thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks Aditi-
Nice snap- 
I think she will enter today- May be that is why colors gave the article today-

Honestly, it is the show in total that made me agree! 👏

Welcome Aasiya Kaazi to BalikaVadhu.
hisusmita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
TFS Aditi,
She looks fine as Ganga.

Infact I find she does have that rustic touch in her which is one of the prerequisites.

Her answers are honest and she knows very well where she is getting into.

All the best to her
Prophet_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
TFS
She looks like a village girl .
From her answers it is evident that she is aware of the character very well.
All the best Asiya.
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
TFS
All the best to Aasiya Kazi. Looks like she is coming into the show with the intention of just being part of a show like BV. Hope this works out well for her career and for the show as well.
red-bird thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks Aditi for sharing.  I have seen Aasiya in couple serials and she does have that village girl type of a look which should suit in her role as Ganga 😊  Hope she fits in well with the entire team and enjoys her role in Balika!!

Love her line where she says she said Yes for the overall show Balika 😛  I am sure she will do her best in this role!  All the Best Aasiya 😊
BinduD thumbnail
Tfs. It looks like Aasiya knows well what she is getting in. Her answer makes it clear that the role she was offered wasn't great but the show was big. She seems to be also aware about people being hesitant with the replacement game happening in BV. Good luck Aasiya, hope you don't boast in each and every IV of yours about how people have finally accepted you as Ganga 😛
tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
don't know where does sargun'd ever said that shes accepted as ganga in each & every article??😕😕
why this false blames r put on sargun??
even tho sargun was accepted as ganga much easily & earlier than the A but she never claimed that shes accepted as ganga in he reach & every artilce. and i don't think ppl will now accept new actress as ganga soon or rather will accept her as JaGan's ganga permanently.