Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

insouciance thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: sneha3105

Trust me i would be the last person to insult South Indians. The reason being simple I AM A SOUTH INDIAN! A tamilian born in Bangalore. It was merely an example, as i know more about the south Indian accent than the north indian accent!

hehe,me too....But thankfully,no one has asked me whether I'm a madrassi(which I am actually)....Not all south Indians speak the way Hema Malini doesπŸ˜ƒ

and @ raksha...Yes,some north indians get all piqued when asked if they are bihariπŸ˜†....when asked if they're bihari,they FREAK OUT!

shikara thumbnail
Hey guys, I know that you werent making a dig at South Indians, its just we hear this so often and even I am guilty of it. So when i saw it mentioned here, I responded to enlighten some of the "biharis " out there! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
indus thumbnail
Originally posted by: shikara

Hey guys, I know that you werent making a dig at South Indians, its just we hear this so often and even I am guilty of it. So when i saw it mentioned here, I responded to enlighten some of the "biharis " out there! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

I donot think that this is a issue faced only by south indians......People all over india  have this problem and are unaware about the different cultures, states and languages.
"madrasi" is more of a term of yesteryears when the inter state interactions were less but the understanding is slowly improving. South Indians are all not the same and can be recognized as tamilians, keralite, andhreites, kannadigas...then people from border areas have a different culture. i learnt it slowly when i started interacting with these communities . South Indians are also learning but depends on the exposure people get.

I am currently staying in a community dominated by tamilians, a few kerallites and a few andhreites.....for them anybody who understands and speaks even a bit of hindi is a north indian....I was recenly told by one of my tamilian friends about a north indian family living close by,who in reality turned out to be Kannadigas from mumbai(hindi speaking).πŸ˜•

for them a maharashtrian, UPite,bihari,rajasthani,punjabi,bengali,oriya,kashmiri  is the same.

I donot mind being called a Bihari.....love biharis ....they speak the sweetest dialect of hindi and I have met some very intelligent biharis.😳

sorry forgot to mention..I am a UPite.

Edited by indus - 17 years ago