Rama during Exile/ in Ayodhya..???

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
Jai Shree Ram everyone..
most of you don't know me.. I am Akki.. kind of a silent visitor of MM forum..

I wanted to start a simple discussion... which Rama you like most..?
when he was in exile.. before/after the abduction of mata sita..
or when he was in ayodhya.. young prince or as a king..
avoiding the part of eviction of sita maiyya..

your views about Shree Rama and his life.. what he did for people..
in what form you worship him..

just a simple topic.. i would luv if you guys could share your views..
thanks..
-Akki
Nice discussion, Swati! Well, I love all shades of Shri Ram, but there are some qualities of each phase of his life that make him maryada purushotham. I will discuss each shortly.
 heyy di.. thanks for your reply.. i thought this post will get locked like that only.. no one replied in last two days..lol..

sure, will wait for ur comments.. n thx for liking the post.. :))
Originally posted by DeadDevil

heyy di.. thanks for your reply.. i thought this post will get locked like that only.. no one replied in last two days..lol..

sure, will wait for ur comments.. n thx for liking the post.. :))

Dude, this forum is so dead nowadays, but I got excited seeing your post. ðŸ˜† Will definitely edit soon and I hope others too will join the discussion.
I think for me it would be Vanavaasi Rama, before Sita's abduction. That's when Rama actually lived his life, not dictated by anybody, not having to fulfil anyone's expectations, not requiring to act according to the society's views. 
First few years of his life till his Vanavasa, he was Dasaratha and Kausalya's son, Vasishta's student, Vishwamitra's student and on the whole the prince of Ayodhya. Lots of decorum was required.
After Sita was kidnapped by Ravana, he had to behave as per the devas' wishes i.e. go fight Ravana, kill him, that's why you have taken avatara.
After his Pattabhishekam, he had to follow the citizens' wishes. Yatha raja Tatha Praja.

So, yeah, the Rama of the first twelve years of exile was the one with the breathing space.
IMO, that was when Rama was actually free to behave as himself. And that's how I like him.

^^ I think its better if i dont comment here , if you know what i mean..😆..i do occasionally like to flirt with the testing waters but in this case at least i think i have had more than my share of  opinions ..😛

@RamkiJanaki

Going by your User Name , i would be honored if u presented an opinion regarding my Question ..the first two questions have been answered satisfactorily but i am curious to know your take on the 3rd question..
Originally posted by ..RamKiJanaki..

Dude, this forum is so dead nowadays, but I got excited seeing your post. ðŸ˜† Will definitely edit soon and I hope others too will join the discussion.
still waiting for ur reply..
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

I think for me it would be Vanavaasi Rama, before Sita's abduction. That's when Rama actually lived his life, not dictated by anybody, not having to fulfil anyone's expectations, not requiring to act according to the society's views. 
First few years of his life till his Vanavasa, he was Dasaratha and Kausalya's son, Vasishta's student, Vishwamitra's student and on the whole the prince of Ayodhya. Lots of decorum was required.
After Sita was kidnapped by Ravana, he had to behave as per the devas' wishes i.e. go fight Ravana, kill him, that's why you have taken avatara.
After his Pattabhishekam, he had to follow the citizens' wishes. Yatha raja Tatha Praja.

So, yeah, the Rama of the first twelve years of exile was the one with the breathing space.
IMO, that was when Rama was actually free to behave as himself. And that's how I like him.
Hi Surya..
Thanks for your reply pal..I agree with some of your points.. that all his life except those 12 years in exile was dedicated to people...
though i need to think a bit about other points.. ðŸ˜‰.. 
because everybody has an aim in his life.. vishnu ji came as ram ji so that he can kill those demons.. and can give salvation to those sages or other people who were waiting him for decades..

Originally posted by DeadDevil

Hi Surya..
Thanks for your reply pal..I agree with some of your points.. that all his life except those 12 years in exile was dedicated to people...
though i need to think a bit about other points.. ðŸ˜‰.. 
because everybody has an aim in his life.. vishnu ji came as ram ji so that he can kill those demons.. and can give salvation to those sages or other people who were waiting him for decades..

Hm... Vishnu did take the avatar for killing those pesky demons..
I think that's why Krsna avatara is so jolly.. to compensate.😆
Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

Hm... Vishnu did take the avatar for killing those pesky demons..
I think that's why Krsna avatara is so jolly.. to compensate.😆
🤣
vishnu ji did everything in dwapar yug that he couldn't do in treta yug..😆