Debate Mansion

How indians treat indians

iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Hi!
I wanted to know your viewpoint on how Indians( maybe yourself) treat Indians who look like Chinese/Japanese/British/Africans despite being 60-70 per sent sure they are Indians(assuming they have Indian name/mother tongue/religion/citizenship)
I am an Indian with British genes and look like a British. I feel alienated a lot of times because of this but have also enjoyed the attention (and dreaded it the other times).

Don't people feel it's a form of racism?
Why don't people like myself feel like at home when we are in our land?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
You don't feel at home because people don't treat you like one among them. It is a rudimentary form of racism too. It doesn't physically injure you or take away opportunities from you, but it socially isolates you from what other people are doing. That being said, we must understand that the world does not need big reasons or reasonable reasons to alienate someone who is the slightest bit different. It doesn't matter if your skin is of a different tone or your thoughts dun match theirs. The point is that you're different and they can't stand it.

anael24 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
you dont look like them so obviously you will be looked differently...but that doesnt mean you cant be accepted...just give it a try and you will see that indians are very friendly..
im from mauritius and have pet friends in india and we have been doing video cam several times and first time was really awkward but with time as we both learnt to know each other...we are now best friend...you simply try to look at the positive side and make new friends...im sure you wont regret!!
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I somewhat get what you feel like, I had a friend who was half-Manipuri and Half-English, she attracted attention whereever se went. But she'd tell me how alienated she'd feel inspite of all the positive attention.

She was in Britain for a few years - did part of her schooling there, where people used to go like "you dont look British, your eyes are chinky" , "you dont look Indian at all!"...and when she'd come back to Manipur, people'd go like "your eyes are too big" . So, she'd always feel alienated inspite of all the attention - she looked really beautiful and had an innocent bubbly personality.. but she'd never be recieved as 'apna' in either of her communities or so she said/felt.

So, it's alright... people will look differently, at everyone... in my state, all the north-east girls ARE looked differently. It's something very natural, it's just the way human minds are... if a person looks different, people are basically amused, yet still look at them differently(both positively and negatively)... Take it as something which only you own 😎 ...please dont feel bad because of this, it's an opportunity for you, and ONLY you, to study the human psyche ;) ...the last thing a person could do is be bothered by what another person(outside family) says/thinks/feels :) they're just humans, dont feel bad.. 😆
iMini thumbnail
Originally posted by: anael24

you dont look like them so obviously you will be looked differently...but that doesnt mean you cant be accepted...just give it a try and you will see that indians are very friendly..
im from mauritius and have pet friends in india and we have been doing video cam several times and first time was really awkward but with time as we both learnt to know each other...we are now best friend...you simply try to look at the positive side and make new friends...im sure you wont regret!!

I am in india since I was 3-4 years old,when my mom divorced my British biological father and married my Indian dad.I do have innumerable hi-bye friends. They like showing others I am their friend but actually aren't. I have enough number of friends I need,but those extra fake people take a toll on me.I am happy though :)
Culturally I am Indian,am a Hindu,speak Hindi,like Indian shows,blah blah :PEdited by iMini - 9 years ago
anael24 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: iMini

I am in india since I was 3-4 years old,when my mom divorced my British biological father and married my Indian dad.I do have innumerable hi-bye friends. They like showing others I am their friend but actually aren't. I have enough number of friends I need,but those extra fake people take a toll on me.I am happy though :)
Culturally I am Indian,am a Hindu,speak Hindi,like Indian shows,blah blah :P

fake friends will come and leave your life dear...we all have encountered the friend who only wanted to show off but there are also the true ones...and the true ones are like the soul mates we may meet in future as life partner...the true partner is rare to find just like the true friend...sometimes the simplest natured person can prove to be our best friend...but im glad you settled down well...
CricktFan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
On the bassis of my experience i dont know how the country of other people treat each other .One indian gives other indian respect and proper treatment if other indian is more or equally smart then him/her specially males if you arent smart them him he will boycott you or might treat you badly . if you are simple and lllu and your relatieves ,neighbours , school mates , collegemates etc  are very oversmart they will boycott you and they willl spread false rumorours about you they may even hate you because you arent smart like them . 
iMini thumbnail
Originally posted by: CricktFan

On the bassis of my experience i dont know how the country of other people treat each other .One indian gives other indian respect and proper treatment if other indian is more or equally smart then him/her specially males if you arent smart them him he will boycott you or might treat you badly . if you are simple and lllu and your relatieves ,neighbours , school mates , collegemates etc are very oversmart they will boycott you and they willl spread false rumorours about you they may even hate you because you arent smart like them .

there is a difference between being smart and being introvert.
Also,smart are those people who choose to have less no. of close friends than innumerable so called or toxic friends. Degree of smartness applies to everybody.