Bade Acche Laggte Hai

New OS-True love never dies - Page 2

Janilover thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hello Friends Again one os for u

Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning. True love never dies with time, it only gets stronger.

Ram and Priya learnt this the hard way. Lovers when they were young, they were separated from each other, forbidden to meet. But their love was true. After forty years of separation, longing and patience, fate brought them back together.

A perfect love affair that ended after forty long years.

The story of true love.

It was a freezing day. Shivering, I dug my fingers deeper into my coat, as I made my way to the nearby Caf, when I stumbled across a wallet.

The wallet did not contain much. Just a few Rupees and a crumpled letter, which seemed to have been kept safely and carried around for years, but no identity. I opened the letter, in the hopes of finding some information about the owner or his address.

The only thing legible on the torn paper was the return address. The letter was dated 1974- almost 40 years ago.

It was a 'Love letter- one written to gently break off a romantic relation. The writer very delicately had told the recipient, whose name was Ram,
that her mother forbade her to see him again. Nevertheless, she would always love him.
It was signed, Priya.

It was a beautiful letter, but there wasn't much information that I could've used to identify the owner, Ram.

I decided to call up the information operator to see if I could receive any help.

On hearing my unusual request, I was told that there was a phone listed at this address, but she couldn't give me that number. However, she would call and tell her the situation and if the other party wanted to talk with me, she would connect me.

I waited for a minute, she came back on the line and said," There's a woman who would like to speak with you."
I asked the lady if she knew Priya. She replied," Oh! Of course I do, we had bought this house from her family. Her mother was sick and had to be placed to a nursing home."

The woman gave me the name, address and contact number of the nursing home. On contacting them I found out that Priya's mother had died. The person whom I spoke to, gave me a number and address where he thought Priya could be reached.

I called up the number. And indeed I was told," Yes, Priya is here with us."

I asked if I could stop by and meet her. It was almost 9pm by now. The person, the director, said that she might be asleep but she might as well be in the day room, watching television.

I was greeted by the director and a guard at the gate. We went up to the second floor and were told that Priya was indeed watching television.

Priya was a sweet, silver-haired old woman with a warm smile and friendly eyes. I told her about the wallet and showed her the letter.

The second she saw it, she took a deep breath.

"Young man," she said,"this letter was the last contact I had with Ram." She looked away, the said again," I loved him very much. But I was only 18, and my mother thought that I was too young."

She was smiling through her tears that welled up in her eyes. "Yes, Ram Kapoor was his name. And if you ever find him, tell him that I still think of him often. I never did marry. I guess no one ever matched up to him."...

I thanked Priya, said goodbye. As I stood by the gate the guard asked," Was she able to help you?"

"At least she has given me a name, but I don't think I'll pursue this further for a while." I had spent almost a whole day trying to search for the wallet's owner.

While we were walking away, I pulled out the wallet and showed him the key in it.

He looked at it and said," Hey, I know this. It belongs to Mr. Kapoor. He's always losing it."
"Who's Mr. Kapoor?" I asked.

"He's one of the old-timers who lives on the eight floor. That's his for sure. He goes out for walks quite often."
I thanked the guard and ran back to the director to tell him what the guard had told me. He accompanied me to the eighth floor. I prayed that Mr. Kapoor was still up.

We went to the only room that had lights on, and there was a man reading a book. The director asked him if he had lost his wallet.

The man looked up, felt his pockets and then said," My goodness! It is."

The second he saw it, and smiled with relief. "I must have dropped it this afternoon. I want to give you a reward."

"Oh no thank you," I said. "But I have to tell you something. I read the letter in your wallet in the hope of finding out who owned the wallet."

The smile on his face disappeared. "You read that letter?"

"Not only did I read it, I think I know where Priya is."

He paled. "Priya? You know where she is? How is she? Is she still as pretty as she was? Could I know where she is? I want to meet her."

I hesitated.

"Please tell me!" He urged me.
"She's fine. Just as pretty as was when you knew her." I smiled.

He grabbed my hand and said,"You know something? When the letter came, my life ended. I never married. I've always loved her."

I was moved by his confession. "Ram," I said. "Come with me." The three of us took the lift to the second floor and walked towards the day room. Priya was still there, watching television.

The director went over to her.

"Priya," he softly said. "Do you know this man?" Ram and I stood waiting at the doorway.

She adjusted her glasses, looked up for a moment but didn't say anything.

"Priya, it's Ram. Do you remember?"

Her face clouded with recognition, lighting up instantly. "ram? ram? It's you!"

He walked slowly to her side. She stood up and they embraced. The two sat on a couch, held hands and started to talk, lost in their own bubble of love.

The director and I walked out, both of us smiling to ourselves. "See how the good Lord works?" I said philosophically. "If it's meant to be, it'll be."

Three weeks later,

I got a call from the director, who asked," Are you free on Sunday to attend a wedding?"
He didn't wait for an answer. "Yup, Ram and Priya are going to tie the knot!"
It was a lovely wedding, with all the people from the nursing home joining the joy. Priya wore a beige dress and looked elegant. Ram wore a dark-blue suit and stood tall.

If you ever wished to see a 58 year old bride and a 60 year old groom acting like two teenagers, you had to meet this couple.

It was the perfect ending for a love affair that had lasted nearly 40 years.
It's rightly said :

" True love never dies."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ic_2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wonderful story.
It is true "true love never dies".
Keep writing.
Love all your stories.
Rayaland thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Awww it was touchy part Raya met after 40years n after that they are getting married
rags06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovely OS๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›
The feel of it was good...
Do write more๐Ÿ˜›
Thanks for PM๐Ÿ˜›
youandme272000 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Its so touchy..
Lovely...