Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

This is my account of my evening at AVTA and of course my first of what I hope will be many many more meetings with Sanaya.  It was a long evening and there are probably bits I've forgotten so I hope others who were there will write about their experience so we can give a more complete account to all the fans who were unable to go. I apologise for the delay...real life got in the way and for the length...well it was a wonderful and long evening.

My daughter and I got to the hotel about one and a half hours before the event and while waiting in the lobby for Anita (Neets2407) to paint her nails in the bathroom, we ran into Karan Tacker. We took a selfie with him which he very sweetly took because I was fumbling with my camera. My daughter had no clue who he was as she doesn't watch Indian shows so I told her he's your grandmas's favourite. After the picture I asked him if Sanaya was around and he said no...but then he wasn't going to tell us I suppose. As he was leaving he told my daughter say hello to your grandma from me'.  Aww he was so sweet and very very  good looking...I think my daughter might just start watching Indian shows now,lol. I don't really understand why I was shaking after meeting Karan because I'm not a fan even though now I like him a lot, probably that's the moment it hit me that I was actually  there and going to meet Sanaya very soon. I tried to get more info about San from the organisers but no one was talking!

Registration was at 6pm and then a champagne reception which was very nicely done.  It seemed like forever waiting for the stars to arrive - I guess I and others were expecting them to be there already but the event was well organised and we had time to get something to eat and drink before the celebs came in. I didn't see Sanaya come in but obviously as soon as we heard she was there we made a beeline for her. Sanaya and Mohit were standing hand in hand with people around them taking pictures. I guess as Mohit saw the crowd coming closer to San he moved a little to the side but still quite close to her. I was expecting to be bowled over when I saw Sanaya but never in a million years could I have guessed how intense that experience would be... my heart literally skipped a beat. Sanaya Irani is radiant and has a glow about her. She's absolutely tiny but not short and her eyes actually seem to be golden when the light falls on them - I wasn't close enough to take a picture of them and when I was I completely forgot. It didn't help that she actually looked like a cross between a delicate china doll and an angel. As crazy as I am about this girl I've never thought she was the most beautiful girl in the world but I was wrong. Sanaya is an extraordinarily pretty girl but what makes her stunningly beautiful is this glow that seems to radiate from within her. Her beauty is truly ethereal and now I totally see what some magazine editor meant when she said that the beauty of Sanaya's heart shines on her face.  The outfit she wore was stunning but the best part is another fan told me that she had gifted Sanaya the earrings she was wearing. They weren't expensive earrings and the fact that she wore them speaks volumes about who she is and she sure made that fans day. People were giving her gifts and she kept telling everyone, you shouldn't buy me gifts.  I think I was just gawping at Sanaya while I was waiting to meet her - I think she must have thought I was a stalker the way I was staring at her, lol! I have no clue what I said when I first saw her. My daughter saw I was tongue tied and jumped in and thanked Sanaya for making me smile while I was going through a difficult time in my life  . She told San sometimes I think my mother loves you more than she does me' San smiled and said aww , no she doesn't'. I think I mumbled something incoherent about how as Khushi she made me smile. She seemed to be truly touched by what my daughter said about her making me smile and that overwhelmed me even more that I just asked her for a hug. She said sure opened her arms and took a step towards me and gave me a tight hug.  We took some pictures and moved away. I then saw some people who were getting her to sign autographs and stood in line again with my AVTA ticket (thanks Anita (Neets2407) for the suggestion, I have a wonderful memento of the evening now). This time I was a bit more coherent and told her that I'd never been a fan of anyone before her and that even though I'm almost old enough to be her mother she makes me feel like a teenager. She started laughing and said if she made me feel like a teenager then that was a huge compliment for her. I asked if she was coming in a new show and she said not yet. I just asked her to come back quickly because we miss her and tv just isn't the same without her. I then moved over to Mohit so others could meet Sanaya because needless to say Sanaya had the biggest crowd of people around her. Mohit was sweet though he seemed a bit distracted which might just have been nerves as this might have been a new situation for him.  He looked good in his blue velvet tux and he smiled when my daughter told him she liked it. I asked him if Sanaya had picked it and he said no but she really liked it a lot when she saw him in it. I spoke to Mohit about his new show and he seemed excited about it saying that they had already started working on it. I think he said not filming yet but I'm not sure. He said the heroine was a new girl or new to being a lead who had had a supporting role in a Life OK show but he didn't say her name or the name of the show. Karan Tacker came to close to where Sanaya was and we went to see him as Anita had missed him earlier because she was painting her nails.

We walked into the main event room where dinner was about to be served and saw Vivian and  Vahbiz sitting at their table and as dinner wasn't yet served I went to say hello. Vivian was on the phone but I spoke a little to Vahbiz about Saraswati Chandra as I'd really liked her in that show. I said it was a shame her role was so short and I wish she'd been there longer. I said I guess she should have been in Kumuds family and not Pramads. She laughed and said she wished her role had been longer too but it was all screwed up. I really liked her a lot she  was very warm and friendly. When Vivian got off the phone I said hi and asked him if he and Sanaya would be doing a show together, I think he said no and then Vahbiz said they hadn't been offered one. We weren't able to ask anything else as people started coming in.

After dinner there was a presentation on diabetes led by an Indian origin MP named Keith Vaz. He was talking about diabetes in the south asian community and there was a raffle to raise money for diabetes awareness. I bought my ticket and am now waiting till the 14th of November to claim my new car when my name is draw...no harm in dreaming, right? Hey I got to meet Sanaya Irani so anything is possible. The font two rows of tables were for the celebs and sponsors exclusively and then I guess the less important sponsors were scattered around the room. Sanaya and Mohit were on one of the center tables closest to the stage and Vahbiz and Vivian on another. I don't know where KT sat to eat, I think it was on San's table but not sure but anyway after dinner he was hosting. The lady I sat next to at dinner had no idea who Sanaya Irani was (she and her family were guests of Rajan Singh) but when she saw Sanaya's picture on the nominations list in the red sari from SPA she turned to me and said oh you mean Khushi, I really like her' and her mother also said oh we like Khushi'. I felt so proud as a fan that tv audiences who saw Sanaya in a role two years ago still remember her with so much love. These are not fans but people who watch a number of shows every night for the characters and not the actors. An actor makes an impression on this audience base when their character is talked about long after the show has ended. Sanaya Irani has made that place in people's hearts and that's got to be be the best award.

Then the main event began and Karan began hosting - he was really good, he was charming, funny and flirting outrageously with every lady who came on stage and with all the ladies who were in the band that was performing through the night and were on stage the whole time. It was all in good fun and everyone enjoyed it. The band was really good and the best part was seeing Sanaya bopping along with the music whilst sitting in her seat. It was good to see she was having a good time because I was nervous enough for the both of us. The best part of the first award for TV news presenter was that it was presented by Sanaya and she was excited that Barkha Dutt won because she's her favourite. Mine to Sanaya, I voted for Barkha!!  She bantered a bit with Karan about how he had told her she has to say she loves him and then she said no one gives him any importance back home so he's trying to get attention here, Karan agree with her and both were laughing. I have to say Sanaya looked so graceful as she walked up to the stage - she is just so elegant. Awards were given out and the band played but I was just too nervous to concentrate. I remember Mohit standing up and Sanaya giving him a hug when he won and I remember cheering him but I have no idea what he said but I think it was short and sweet. Then came the category we were waiting for and our table started shouting the moment Sanaya's name was announced as a nominee. We were the loudest table there and I think my voice is really sharp when I shout because I caught a couple of people looking at me as though I was crazy...ok I was but still...lol. One of the people who were going to present the award was a British Indian singer called Navin Kundra and he knew Karan from another event and they were chatting and then Karan asked him to sing - I was ready to throttle them both, I just wanted the award to be announced. To be fair to Navin he sings very well but I couldn't care less right then. Of course when the nominees were announced and while the envelope was being opened we were screaming out Sanaya's name and when Sanaya's name was announced we all went crazy. Karan Tacker was so cute - he jumped off the stage and brought Sanaya onto the stage...I'm really starting to like this guy a lot. It was truly an honor to have been there to watch this incredibly talented actress finally get her due. Sanaya's speech' broke my heart she said she had a history of never winning any awards by herself and that she had won with others but never by herself so she wasn't prepared. She thanked all her fans who voted for her and she said she knew that people had come here just to meet her and I just watched the video again and she was definitely looking at our table where we at this point we were standing up and cheering and making the most noise...it was as though she was acknowledging us. The funniest part was my daughter who 4 hours before would have walked past Sanaya without knowing who she was cheering her just as much as we were. She was extremely impressed with Sanaya's persona. She said she was very sweet and elegant and very beautiful and she said she could see why people were drawn towards her. After meeting her she's definitely going to give Sanaya's next show a try. I've read fans of other actresses say that this wasn't a best actress award but let me tell you the nomination clip showed Sanaya acting, not her personality so therefore it's a best actress award no matter what it's called.

The next award we shouted ourselves hoarse for was of course the best show which of course Rangrasiya won. Sanaya went to collect the award with a Colors representative and  she was asked to say something and she quite rightly declined. The Colors person spoke about how all three nominated shows were Colors shows but of course forgot to mention that 2 had ended and one without being allowed to tell it's story...never mind all that's for another day, this night was about celebrating a talented beautiful actress and a beautiful show, the likes of which we'll probably never see as long as trp homes rule the roost.

Once the awards were all announced the band played music and again Sanaya was having a good time. At this point Anita and I went to congratulate her.  She was talking to Mohit and had her back to us so we waited till Mohit caught my eye and told San we were there. I just bent down to hug her as she was sitting and said congratulations, we've been waiting for this day as long as you have and she said thankyou and we ended up rubbing cheeks and kind of air kissing - it was kinda weird but she got the feeling that we were genuinely happy for her and we understood she was over the moon. I then congratulated Mohit and he seemed surprised. Anita also congratulated them both and she got the same feeling that Sanaya was really happy that we went to congratulate her. I'm not sure when she left the room but I guess she went to give her winning byte and had some official pictures. I didn't see her again but I did see Karan again and told him that I loved his hosting and then my daughter and some other girls wanted pictures with him. I told him it was his fault because he kept saying he was single all the time he was on stage and he just smiled. After that all the main celebs pretty much left. We got some pics with Raj Badhan who will be interviewing Sanaya soon or might already have done it and will be airing it hopefully this week.  Cricketer Mark Ramprakash was there as were a singer named Lemar and Priya Kalidas who was a member of the original Bombay Dreams cast and of course Raj Badhan was there. There may have been others but I didn't see or probably recognize them. I thanked Rajan Singh for a wonderful event and told him he was right when he tweeted me that fans would not be disappointed about getting time with the celebs as i had been worried. Then there was an after party where the young ones danced away a couple of hours and older people like me went and had a coffee in the bar.  Later we sitting in the lobby and Rajan came up to us and asked if we were happy and he said next year there would be more stars and it would be even better - he was a very happy man. I asked if he'd bring  Sanaya again next year and obviously he doesn't know and he said it would depend on what she was doing. I said if Sanaya is there we'll be there. That was about it.

It was a fantastic fantastic evening, one that I'll never forget. I can't believe I'm saying that meeting a tv celebrity is one of the best moments of my life but it truly is.

Here are some pics - the pics weren't very good quality and then I don't have an artistic bone in my body but thought it would be easier to make collages rather than posting all the pics separately.

Selfie time with the gorgeous Karan Tacker

Anita with her nails painted standing with the seriously hot Karan Tacker

Chatting with the lovely and warm Vahbiz Dorabjee D'Sena

Heating up the room...hot Mr.&Mrs. D'Sena

Others who attended

Lemar. Mark Ramprakash and Raj Badhan in the picture. Navin Kundra and Priya Kalidas were also there.

Mohit looking good in his blue velvet tux

Adorable MoNaya...so sweet!!!

The ethereally beautiful Queen of Television...Sanaya Irani

Picture 1  Jaya to Sanaya - please would you sign this (AVTA ticket)

Sanaya to Jaya -sure

Picture 2  Jaya to Sanaya -I've never been a fan of anyone before you

Picture 3  Jaya to Sanaya - I'm almost old enough to be your mother but you make feel like a teenager

Picture 4  Sanaya to Jaya - I guess if I make you feel like a teenager then that's a huge compliment for me.

Cropped but happily glowing Jaya with an autograph I never thought I'd have.

One last one - Sanaya doesn't like getting gifts but when she gets them she appreciates the love with which fans have given them. Here she is wearing the bag I gifted her - she makes me so happy.

I hope everyone here gets their chance to meet with Sanaya but until then I hope you got at least to feel a tiny bit of the experience. I want to let Sanaya fans know that she truly appreciates her fans. As a fan I was overwhelmed to be standing in front of her but honestly she was more overwhelmed by the love she was being given.

Edited by jaya100 - 9 years ago
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Awesome ... was waiting for this!!! 
Res ... will be back with more ... love you for this, Jaya ... and am sooo jealous of you ... but you know that already πŸ˜†

*Edited* ... Jaya, I always tell you that you should write more ... and this is why! Loved your write up ... some parts brought tears to my eyes. You've described Sanaya so beautifully ... I hope she gets to read this some day. She truly is a very special person ... your description of her made me smile and get a little teary at the same time ... she sounds just awesome. You brought the evening alive again ... after we hounded you throughout for live updates on Saturday night, this felt like re-living the night again ... thank you! 
Most of all, I'm so happy that you both met Sanaya and showed her some of the love that her fans have for her, regardless of her costar, whom she is paired with and all that ... this evening was hers alone, she has so many fans who love and adore her for herself, and I'm so glad that she met two of the biggest ones. I felt so bad when she said she never wins anything herself, and was perfectly ready to accept the award for someone else ... and I am so very glad and delighted that it didn't happen again ... and that she got the award herself, for her work, her awesome acting that has made us all her fans in the first place. 
Thanks for the awesome write up ... felt like we were right there with you all through. I've started liking KT after your description ... he sounds like a really nice fun guy ... he looks good with San too ... hope some producers are watching πŸ˜‰ I liked the pics of Vahbiz, she looked very sweet and friendly, and your description bore that out. Mohit sounds like a very nice guy too ... as grounded as San ... lovely pics of them together. 

San wore earrings gifted by a fan from the UK ... so not only does she appreciate the gifts from fans, it seems she also remembers who gave what, and made it a point to wear those earrings here, when she knew they were from a fan here in the UK. I have never seen a star so thoughtful. 

The best pics are your collage of meeting San and your interactions with her ... I laughed out loud ... her expressions and your descriptions are adorable! And you say you're not creative πŸ˜²  

Again, I am so glad that you both met Sanaya and she saw for herself the love her fans have for her ... the last couple of times, it was IPK/ Arshi ... this time it was all for Sanaya, and I'm so glad she saw that. 

Thanks for posting ... lovely post! This one goes into my bookmarks. πŸ€—
Edited by DiyaS - 9 years ago
Joseph_A thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Congratulations Jaya for your life time experience. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience wid all Awesome Pix. 😊 
deleteaccount thumbnail
Jaya di and Anita (Di?) you both are SO lucky πŸ€ͺ
It must have been so awesome when she hugged you both and smiled and... I guess that is why God doesn't want me to meet her... I won't be able to control myself or even think properly..and forget that I am a girl πŸ˜Š
Didn't your  daughter watch IPKKND? πŸ˜²
Anyway, loved reading both the updates!Thank you so much for the pictures.

While you were hugging and talking to her, we were refreshing our pages continuously just to see of someone has uploaded a picture.That is how lucky you are⭐️
Edited by Neloufer. - 9 years ago
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Reserved for PrincessSunara
-Pramila- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Congratulation dearπŸ˜ƒ

thanks for sharing lovely pic n your lovely moment with us😊

Guinea thumbnail
I dunno why but i am a little teary eyed reading your experience jaya . 
This is beautiful and thankyou for writing in such detail . I know you keep very busy . 

What I thought sanaya is a person , is exactly how you have described her ...this is so wonderful . I feel that I met her ...

Here's hoping to many more meetings with sanaya for you and definately some with me as well πŸ˜†
BillyJean. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks Jaya for a detailed description of your unforgettable evening. I am so happy for you!!!!πŸ€—
I could live every moment of your experience of your magical evening with Sanaya!
Your description of Sanaya's warmth and genuine nature as a person is exactly what I had in mind about her.

I had tears in my eyes as I finished reading your post.
The last paragraph where you stated that Sanaya was more overwhelmed with the love she was given made me so emotional.

I am really looking forward to the day when I get to meet her and hopefully we all crazy Sanayaholics will be together when we meet her. Now wouldn't that be something?
Edited by SanayaIsBest - 9 years ago
neet2407 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

After Jaya's wonderful write up - I will briefly share my experience too

I will start with when I met Sanaya first time at the Star Parivaar Meet and Greet

Yes I met Barun and Sanaya at SPL - it was crazy the whole room was there to see Barun and Sanaya felt a little bad for Suraj, Sandhya, Pratigya and Kokila - but I hugged them all - of course Barun and Sanaya were last

my quiver came with Sanaya who was last along the line and my heart rate was increasing, and throat dry as I came upto her and i really couldn't speak when I saw her so I hugged her very hard and to my surprise she hugged me back just as hard! my mind still didn't register that I was talking to her but I managed to say that I was looking forward to her performance and how awesome i thought she was - I think she said she was looking forward to the performance and loved coming to the UK it was a bit of a blur - they also stayed around for hours even though they were very tired as the event was not best organised and you had to up to the stars 5-6 times for autographs gift giving photos etc Sanaya was very tired and sitting down at the end but still signed autographs and laughed when I told her I only learnt Hindi form watching her shows - Sanaya was warm and friendly and very genuine and I genuinely felt the love back from her which we all gave her.

and now AVTA

2 years later - the quiver was still there - Jaya has already given you a run down on the pre- Sanaya evening - we also met some other crazy Sanaya fans including Fuzzy and Fauzi there and we were all tense as to how the evening would work and how we would meet Sanaya and even more so - how excited we would be when she finally gets the award she so rightly deserves .

Also I was highly distracted the whole week when I knew we were going to meet her - and of course as soon as AVTA tickets were announced I couldn't get them quick enough!

I was having a photo with Karan Tacker ( who I had missed earlier due to painting my nails - which I very rarely do!) then I saw Vivian out of the corner of my eye and then I thought OMG Sanaya must have arrived too! I quickly went back to where Jaya was and there were Sanaya and Mohit - the quiver came back full force as well as the being tongue-tied - I waited patiently whilst she finished speaking to the last person and then it was my turn to meet her - - Jaya is right - she is so delicate and looked like an angel in her golden dress, but yet she is so strong, articulate and warm and generous

I gave her my gifts - to which she said there was no need - but I told her she would like them and that they were just a small token of appreciation of the immense joy she gives us all through her screen presence both in her shows and off screen - of course I had rehearsed what I would say to Sanaya before I met her - but as soon as you see her all thoughts leave your head as you stand in awe of her aura and glow which Jaya describes much better than me

I did manage to tell her she meant a lot to me as her shows kept me going when I was going through a tough time and she was genuinely concerned and touched - which proves how much she cares about people even complete strangers like me! I told her I was looking forward to her receiving the award - to which she said in a genuine and heart-breaking manner - but you know I never win anything - I told her this time she would! Of course there was so much to say to her but I knew I would forget so I wrote it all in the card I gave her.

Then I spoke to Mohit - he was very close by and seemed touched and surprised at my gift for him and said just like Sanaya that I shouldn't have - I told him that you guys work so hard and give so much of your selves to your fans through your acting and off=screen bytes that it is a very small gesture from me in return! 12+ hours is no mean feat.

I asked him for a photo and asked him about his new show and said I was looking forward to it - he said a new girl was going to be in it and then thanked me for wanting to watch it. I also told him I voted for him and I really hoped he would win! He said he had no idea what would happen.

Then it was back to Sanaya and pictures and autographs from her which Jaya very kindly got me - Sanaya was very gracious never said no to anyone's request and took photos and wrote autographs and smiled and chatted with everyone - you could tell she enjoyed the warmth and love given to her by her fans!

I asked for a picture with Sanaya and Mohit together and she called Mohit over baby' - she then obliged us with more photos and I asked Sanaya if she was going to be in London for a few days she said both London and travelling around - I didn't ask her about her shows as I was sure everyone else would have asked her . I told both Sanaya and Mohit that I loved them both, voted for them and wished them the best of luck for the awards!

During dinner the awards ceremony - I was screaming whenever Sanaya, Mohit, Rangrasiya was mentioned and also did not have a voice left at the end of the evening and also got strange looks - we stood up when Mohit got his award and watched Sanaya and Mohit hug - then of course when Sanaya was nominated we were screaming her name before it was announced and went bonkers when her name was declared winner - she definitely looked our way whilst accepting at her mad vocal loony fans! Mohit and Sanaya hugged again when she won!

Went up with Jaya at the end to congratulate them and hugged Sanaya on the shoulders, touched heads  and squeezed Mohit's hand in congratulations ( they were sitting down) and they both looked very happy to have won and then I knew it was all worth it and they said thank you

I did see them from a distance whilst the party was on they were in the lobby talking to another couple - I just  waved and walked on - they had given a lot of themselves to us that evening and I was so happy to have been able to meet Sanaya for the second time and Mohit for the first. They seem genuinely in love and looked out for each other all evening and were so happy for each other after their wins. Tacker was on form as host and flirted wildly with the girls onstage and was a lovely guy off stage - I told him I loved EHMBH and Jhalak and was glad he was getting to explore London/UK for a few days and wished he got a new show soon too.

I briefly talked to Vivian and Vahbiz and told them I enjoyed their shows too and wished them a good time in London and they were gracious and warm as well.

All photos were on Jaya's camera as I just failed to get mine out due to all the distractions!

AVTA turned into a relaxed affair with lots of opportunities to meet the stars and was very special. I am sure no matter how many times I meet Sanaya I will be conversing with her in my head for days afterwards with all the things I wish I had told her - and I totally understand Fuzzy and Fauzi and how they would travel to meet her - I would travel anywhere to meet her given the opportunity she is that special!

Edited by neet2407 - 9 years ago
SarunIsBack thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
congratulations..i hope k mein bhi kabhi sanaya se mil paon...