What will our spirit/soul do in eternity?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 9 years ago
Our life on earth is to prepare us and to give us examples of the hereafter. Everything is progressive and accumulative. We are here to accumulate experiences of feelings, the beauty of every organism that surrounds us, the landscape that adds to our perception; then we can begin our next journey.

We should live our life to its fullest. One hundred years from now, almost every single person alive today will have died. Several billion people wiped off the face of this earth. Our life is but a blip on the radar screen of time. We are the most important person responsible for whether our soul will live or die. Here we are had to learn how to intertwine with a community; there we can experience anything that the imagination can perceive.

Envision yourself as a spirit that is uninhibited by any resistance or external influences; you can travel to any star or planet instantly, explore the beauty of the universe, and still be in sync with the Spiritual Unity. As an example: Imagine the most advanced form of Virtual Reality that can access a super-computer and place you in whichever setting you desire; you can play with the animals, be with your loved ones, listen to the greatest opera, stage or musical performances, or simply relax next to a bubbling brook and enjoy the scenery. You feel no pain, despair, heartache, or negative emotions unless you so desire.
what a post, gave me a new vision... but I have a different opinion on this.

I think one doesnt know where the soul goes to after death, but yet, sometimes I think it becomes part of existence just like it was when it was in our body...only minus the mind. But sometimes, IDK... it makes me clueless.
But I think that's the beauty of life.. on this planet, this moment. If we know what'll happen once we die, or attain salvation after numerous re-births, where's the mystery? This mysteriousness is what makes our life so beautiful.

Us, here and now on this beautiful planet. Us = the physical, the ephemeral + the soul, the eternal.

you can play with the animals, be with your loved ones, listen to the greatest opera, stage or musical performances, or simply relax next to a bubbling brook and enjoy the scenery. You feel no pain, despair, heartache, or negative emotions unless you so desire.

I think this was the original human nature. Rousseau speaks of this... that human nature is actually savage, loving, free-spirited, cherished moments with the nature - the existence. Once a man/woman began a family, and started cultivating crops, than he began he claim a piece of land as his "property" and the entire thing ensued...

why I am saying this is because, whether the man is alive or dead... he'd have enjoyed the same way.. because the soul is one. Cant say about after-death. So yeah, here also, within our body we learn many things beyond the society, the materialistic physical restricted world... no need to enjoy more after dying lol. We get enough to see, feel, hear in this life.

I hope I could get what you said, and hope I made any sense... 😆
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

what a post, gave me a new vision... but I have a different opinion on this.

I think one doesnt know where the soul goes to after death...

But I think that's the beauty of life.. on this planet, this moment. If we know what'll happen once we die, or attain salvation after numerous re-births, where's the mystery? This mysteriousness is what makes our life so beautiful.

Us, here and now on this beautiful planet. Us = the physical, the ephemeral + the soul, the eternal.

I hope I could get what you said, and hope I made any sense... 😆

You paraphrased it beautifully and your belief is close to Buddhism...which Einstein said may be the religion of most people in the future. 

It often takes centuries to change beliefs. People often believe they will be condemned if they do not believe a certain way. Enlightenment is a state of intellectual or spiritual awareness, the process of this spiritual awareness is translated by the mind. An aural experience is the mind's interpretation of either a spiritual or intellectual interaction with the subconscious which can also be considered the spirit. Any translation is subject to the mind's conditioning, hence, when the interceder, the mind is enlightened, it translates the reception accordingly; if the person believes in a spiritual existence or God the resulting translation is adapted thereto.

So hello  there, welcome to this section.

So here I guess we are checking as to what happens between one birth and another. There are many schools of thought on this.
  From what I read generally most souls travel to another plane to continue their evolution and at times they may return back to earth again. This may continue till the individual soul merges with the universal soul.
 To the awakened it may all be different; and to them nothing happened and nothing changed.

Till some great soul shows us the way to get out of the mess we are in, we could be stuck in rebirths for a long time.

is there soul at all? Edited by LovelyPlanet - 9 years ago
Originally posted by LovelyPlanet

is there soul at all?

Can our subconscious, our spirit interact with a spiritual existence or is this just our imagination going haywire? Please consider the following.

This is Peace Seeker's story.

When he was fifteen years old and had severe double pneumonia. His father took him to a doctor who gave him a penicillin injection and recommended immediate hospitalization. They had no medical insurance or money, so his father took him home to recuperate. 

His parents diligently prayed to God and read stories from the Bible to him. Several nights later, it felt as if his spirit left his body and it experienced being in a place with a gathering of souls or spirits. He sensed great peace, tranquility and ecstasy; a rapture that was beyond a person's imagination. He felt as if he was a part of ALL, a part of God. He was mentally communicating and in sync with everyone. There were some of his deceased relatives and acquaintances. Many of the prophets of the Bible and historical people he had read about were also there. There was no dominant force, no forceful leader. Somehow he knew who everyone was. Every thought interacted with the whole community. He had no questions; it seemed as if everything was revealed and crystal clear. He saw the universe stretched out with spirits engaged in mental interactions like master craftsmen contemplating the creation of a new frontier.

His father was a preacher of the Lutheran Faith and when he told him  about his experience, his father dismissed it abruptly and told him that this God that his spirit witnessed was not the God of the Bible. He told him to pray for my salvation. They never talked about it afterwards.

Since that time he never really gave it much thought until the New York World Trade Center tragedy on 9-11-01.  He went into deep meditation. He wanted to find answer as to how some misguided individuals could believe that their actions of killing other people would be rewarded with their soul's eternal life with God.

He then had a couple of similar spiritual experiences as the one at age fifteen where his spirit communicating with God, Allah or whatever one desires to call it. These spiritual experiences seemed to last throughout the entire night. His spirit observed the entire history and the evolution of the universe and man's varying perceptions of God, as if in a fast-forward film.

Originally posted by Summer3

So hello  there, welcome to this section.

Till some great soul shows us the way to get out of the mess we are in, we could be stuck in rebirths for a long time.

Hello Summer3 and thank you for the welcome.

My experiences have led me to believe that God is a spiritual unity, a oneness, a structured government-like spiritual collective. God is the progressive, accumulative spiritual intellect existing in a spiritual dimension; a collective of the righteous souls who have passed into the spiritual realm; a spiritual continuity.

In this Age of Technology, our 21st Century, we are still plagued by religious beliefs that are a contributing cause toward terrorism, killings and wars between nations. Open-minded people must now use common sense to determine whether the God of our fathers was incorrectly perceived, misinterpreted or misunderstood by the masses of a bygone era.

Some will say that my personal experience of a oneness with a supreme spirit is nothing but a dream or a vivid imagination. It really doesn't matter whether anyone accepts or totally rejects my story. What does matter is that we evolve to a point whereby we can encourage open-minded people to offer feedback on how our religious beliefs can logically be brought into this 21st Century.

Thank you for listening. May God bless you.

Congrats Peacemaker, for a lovely experience even as a teenager.

They say we get what we seek and what we truly deserve, at times it just comes and there are no explanations.
 There are tons of little "miracles" in our lives which we often brush aside as pure luck or coincidences. There is much more we are quite unaware of too. Some say being alive is a miracle in itself too.