Posted: 9 years ago
When we compare Sojal and Mansi, both are jealous and both are constantly plotting to get something they don't have. But still they are both as different as Right and Wrong, because it all comes down to one's Rights.

Sojal is jealous, when she doesn't have what should be rightfully hers. She is jealous of Aastha, because she gets all the special treatment, in spite of being a bahu like herself. Aastha gets the preferential treatment, though Sojal is the elder bahu. All this special treatment for Aastha was possible, because Shlok supported her until marriage and after marriage the circumstances were such that Niranjan was forced to give special privileges. Anjali and Aastha bonded much later. Aastha has no fault in all this, but its only natural that Sojal is miffed. It's another thing that, she did wrong deeds in jealousy, which she should not have done. She has to repent for them and redeem herself big time.

Mansi, on the other hand, is jealous of Sojal, who has a family, which she herself doesn't have. She didn't have loving parents growing up and as an adult she focused on her career, as she didn't care about marriage. That's all fine and it's her choice. But now that her biological clock is ticking and the man she is involved with is someone else's legal husband, she is worried that she will never have a family to share her good/bad moments with. Mansi is jealous of Sojal and is trying to claim Varad wrongfully, when she has no legal rights on him. What's worse is that she is so shameless to continue it even after knowing that she is wrong. If she has any sense of right and wrong, she should leave Varad, like Sojal did, and let him make up his mind and make amends.

I don't think Mansi is better than Sojal in anyway. She is as bitchy and as conniving as Sojal. Actually, she is much much worse, because she is using her management skills and her drive to succeed, in destroying a family. She may claim that Varad himself came to her, but all said, she need not be the reason for breaking up his family. Where is her conscience?! Her education and worldliness is totally useless, as she cannot distinguish between right and wrong. I don't think that housewives play any more petty politics than the working women. Or for that matter, I don't think women play petty politics any more than men. If that is so, there won't be any petty politics in the work places. I think, there are a lot of women like Mansi, who are confused about what they really want. She is a very real character. We see a lot of actresses, who settle as second fiddles to married men! I have seen many people, who have affairs at work places, though they are married. They are all educated, independent, career women, who have f**ked up sense of right and wrong. This is not at all an unrealistic scenario. It all comes down to a person's basic nature and their understanding of the Rights.
Edited by dsr11 - 9 years ago
Agree Rekha
Nice post...wonderful title...

There are lot of women like mansi...
Nice post...

One more to join the other side of the rope...let's see what happens ..
What a post Rekha!!!...MY POV  .Well said...People like mansi do exist in real life too..It sad they all are educated,well off ..It just plain greed to have the best in life...denying what life offers you and choosing the wrong path to attain what they think is the best..In the process they dont care to hurt others feelings,family and pride...Initially,they pacify them selves its just the way to achieve their goals ,nothing wrong and then prove to be right in front of others...😑..Mansi and Varad  are classic good example for the above scenario...
Sojal didnt dirctly interfere in Ashlok's life,though she tried to create mU bet them,but slowly backed off when she knew that they are inseperable...So,I would give her the rights to convict Mansi😊

Originally posted by potomac

What a post Rekha!!!...MY POV  .Well said...People like mansi do exist in real life too..It sad they all are educated,well off ..It just plain greed to have the best in life...denying what life offers you and choosing the wrong path to attain what they think is the best..In the process they dont care to hurt others feelings,family and pride...Initially,they pacify them selves its just the way to achieve their goals ,nothing wrong and then prove to be right in front of others...😑..Mansi and Varad  are classic good example for the above scenario...
Sojal didnt dirctly interfere in Ashlok's life,though she tried to create mU bet them,but slowly backed off when she knew that they are inseperable...So,I would give her the rights to convict Mansi😊

yup. mansi isn't a bad person normally, but when it comes down to getting what she wants, she can play dirty. world is full of people like her. they don't mind hurting others in order to prove to the world, that they are right, even when they are wrong.

sojal is just an uneducated, naive, lost soul with faulty upbringing. but mansi is educated, worldly wise and on top of that, she herself has suffered a neglected childhood and craved her parents' love. shouldn't she be thinking about kavya?! she won't because she is selfish to the core, and even unapologetic about it.

Hey Rekha,

very nice post..
the whole scenario of VAMOSA.. is really kinda..

pissing of .. or irritating or annoying,.. I don't know..

I REMEMBER ONE MOVIE  ..

jagan mohini in tamil ..  A KING AND A QUEEN .. BUT A FAIRY WHO SEES THE BOY AND FALL IN LOVE .. FINALLY SHE IS A GHOIST WHO WILL TRANSFORM INTO HUMAN AND COME NEAR THE BOY AND ATTRACT HIM..

THE GOOD HERE.. HIS WIFE AND  THE GODS THEMSELVES will get rid of the bad fairy.. JAGAN MOHINI AND bond the couple  ..

when ever I see the trio.. I get that feel only..

but yess in reality in many offices there are many women who do open prost. dono their inner conscience ..how does it allow to do them ...

lucky that our or say mine.. is a HEN PECKED.. πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by deepavasudev

Hey Rekha,

very nice post..
the whole scenario of VAMOSA.. is really kinda..

pissing of .. or irritating or annoying,.. I don't know..

I REMEMBER ONE MOVIE  ..

jagan mohini in tamil ..  A KING AND A QUEEN .. BUT A FAIRY WHO SEES THE BOY AND FALL IN LOVE .. FINALLY SHE IS A GHOIST WHO WILL TRANSFORM INTO HUMAN AND COME NEAR THE BOY AND ATTRACT HIM..

THE GOOD HERE.. HIS WIFE AND  THE GODS THEMSELVES will get rid of the bad fairy.. JAGAN MOHINI AND bond the couple  ..

when ever I see the trio.. I get that feel only..

but yess in reality in many offices there are many women who do open prost. dono their inner conscience ..how does it allow to do them ...

lucky that our or say mine.. is a HEN PECKED.. πŸ˜‰

yeah its an annoying situation but i like the complexity and realistic nature of their story.

selfish people are distributed equally across all strata of the society. hence the problems.
Very nice post.
Beautifully explained the characters sojal and mansi πŸ‘
Hmm..thgts to ponder upon..i myself work in MNC n believe me tht its nt a pleasent place to b in with all cut throat competition around.
I myself hv seen such affairs around me n cant help bt jst get surprised at their boldness n i-care-a-damn attitude when they cant even realize tht they r cheating their spouces n family..

Bt wat pattern i observe here s sm r caught in it jst as a compromise or sm r willingly doing ths to climb corporate ladder fast..bt i hvnt seem woman on higher posts having affairs wid their subbordinates..its always vice versa..

Coming back to Mansi..d reason behind her behaviour s may b in her insecurity of ending up alone w/o any family..thts d reason she wants to hold on to Varad..she s already a successful woman n she dsnt need Varad for her progress..i guess it mst b coz of her emotional needs...agree to wat u r saying. Wats d use of ur education wen u cant realise wats right n wrong..she s very cleverly putting all d blame on Sojal foe ths affair..Mansi, fine wen u say tht Varad came to u coz he wasnt happpy with Sojal..bt y u agreed to b in a relationship wid him wen u knew he was a married man..?? What ur conscience was doing at tht tym?? So u too r equally responsible..

Both Sojal n Mansi r jealous of sm other person bt if i compare, the harm which Sojal's jealousy has caused s less than wat Mansi's jealousy s causing right now..

All three of them r forgetting abt Kavya n m actually sad to c ths..

Ther was no need to demean Varad's character by showing his affair..CVs shd hv thgt smthing else..purely my POV..

Edited by Prads - 9 years ago
u said it all dear i 100% agree with u :D
Originally posted by Prads

Hmm..thgts to ponder upon..i myself work in MNC n believe me tht its nt a pleasent place to b in with all cut throat competition around.
I myself hv seen such affairs around me n cant help bt jst get surprised at their boldness n i-care-a-damn attitude when they cant even realize tht they r cheating their spouces n family..

Bt wat pattern i observe here s sm r caught in it jst as a compromise or sm r willingly doing ths to climb corporate ladder fast..bt i hvnt seem woman on higher posts having affairs wid their subbordinates..its always vice versa..

Coming back to Mansi..d reason behind her behaviour s may b in her insecurity of ending up alone w/o any family..thts d reason she wants to hold on to Varad..she s already a successful woman n she dsnt need Varad for her progress..i guess it mst b coz of her emotional needs...agree to wat u r saying. Wats d use of ur education wen u cant realise wats right n wrong..she s very cleverly putting all d blame on Sojal foe ths affair..Mansi, fine wen u say tht Varad came to u coz he wasnt happpy with Sojal..bt y u agreed to b in a relationship wid him wen u knew he was a married man..?? What ur conscience was doing at tht tym?? So u too r equally responsible..

Both Sojal n Mansi r jealous of sm other person bt if i compare, the harm which Sojal's jealousy has caused s less than wat Mansi's jealousy s causing right now..

All three of them r forgetting abt Kavya n m actually sad to c ths..

Ther was no need to demean Varad's character by showing his affair..CVs shd hv thgt smthing else..purely my POV..

prads,

i have always thought of varad as a coward, who only preaches but rarely acts, like his mentor, vinayak. he doesn't face any of the issues. he just runs away from them. they didn't change his character midway. he was always like this... an escapist.

the only time he took a stand was for himself, when he had to choose a profession of his liking. why didn't choose a wife of his liking? because he knows that a woman like mansi will never adjust in agnihotri house. so he chose the middle ground, have a wife, who can put up with agnihotri rules and have a lover without any of those stifling restrictions. an escapist to the core.

he never had the courage to stand up for the rights of his daughter, whom he loves so much, leave alone his wife! he said he doesn't like patipujan but when niranjan ordered him to do it, he meekly agreed. what did he do when jyothi was suffering? nothing. he is the elder son of the house, but he never takes any responsibility and is only happy that shlok has freed him from all of his responsibilities. true escapist.