Celebrity Fan Clubs

~SRK-Kajol FC #1: ChemistryThatSizzlesTheScreen<3~

-Mandeep- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Welcome to the FanClub of Bollywood's most legendary on screen lovers ~Shahrukh Khan & Kajol Devgan! SRKajol's story began all the way in 1993, and they have remained the most sought after pair in Hindi films today. With their loveable friendship off-screen and their unmatchable chemistry on-screen, we're sure that these two will continue to be the one pair ruling everyone's minds and hearts for a long time to come!

Baazigar

In 1993 was where it all began, Abbas-Mustan were the first to sign Shahrukh and Kajol for their thriller Baazigar; where Kajol played Priya... the girl who wanted to avenge her sister's death, oblivious to the fact that her killer was her love and fiance Ajay (SRK). SRK and Kajol both admitted that when they first met on set, they didn't like each other at all! SRK thought she was completely mad and Kajol thought that he was weird! However, in the end the two of them got along well and translated this into some sparkling chemistry on screen. This gripping thriller was a box office smash hit and shot both Shahrukh and Kajol into the limelight! Kajol was nominated for the Filmare Best Actress award and SRK went on the win Best Actor! In a way,these two started off their careers together and that made their journey all the more special.

Karan Arjun

In 1995 the two were reunited by Rakesh Roshan in his film Karan Arjun, which was a full on masala flick, packed with action, drama, reincarnation, revenge and romance! Both SRK and Kajol have gone on to say that neither of them understood this film as artists and would never sign one like it again, despite this, the film went on to become a major box office success - they struck gold once again! If one thing is remembered about this film, it would probably be the sensuously flirty song Jaati Hoon Main featuring SRK and Kajol which became a rage at the time, this showed that the audience already appreciated their pairing!

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge

It was later on in 1995 that everything changed, when Shahrukh and Kajol were signed on by Aditya Chopra to star as the only two leads in an out and out romantic film. Here they played Raj and Simran, the bratty flirt Raj and the conservative yet stubborn Simran, two characters who instantly clash and dislike one another when they meet during a trip around Europe. However, as the film goes on they inevitably fall in love and they made all Bollywood audiences fall in love along with them. The simple storyline touched a chord with everyone who watched it and went on to create Box Office history! It is often touted as the most successful romantic Hindi film of all time, so much so that it is still playing in a cinema in Mumbai after 14 years! There was no looking back for SRK and Kajol, they both became superstars overnight and the nation's favourite couple! DDLJ also went on to dominate award ceremonies that year and SRK and Kajol both picked up the Best Actor and Actress awards!

Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

After DDLJ fans were desperate to see their favourite pair again, but it was only 3 years later, in 1995 that mutual friend Karan Johar managed to reunite the two, in his debut film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. The power of this duo was such that Karan had a hard time getting an actress agree to do the supporting role as they all thought that they would get overshadowed by the chemistry of SRKajol! In this film SRK and Kajol proved how versatile their chemistry was as we were treated to a whole new dynamic as they played Rahul and Anjali, Bollywood's favourite best friend-turned lovers. Their playful banter in the first half was a complete contrast to the intensity and passion in the second half, and they managed to nail both ends of the spectrum perfectly! Once again SRKajol demonstrated their midas touch as Kuch Kuch Hota Hai set the Box Office on fire, becoming an all time blockbuster. The film also managed to pick up the largest number of Filmfare awards, including Best Actor and Actress for Shahrukh and Kajol.

Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham

K3G, as it is commonly known released in 2001; it was the film with perhaps the biggest starcast ever seen in a Bollywood film, consisting of 6 successful actors and actresses. However, despite this, SRK and Kajol still managed to steal the show as Rahul and Anjali (again!), this time as a rich upper class son of a business man, and a loud, effervescent Punjabi town girl. They showed that even after Kajol had got married (in 1999) and after 3 years of not working together, they still created magic like no one else could. Their chemistry scorched the screen in the steamy Suraj Hua Maddham, their eyes spoke a million words in Yeh Ladki Hai Allah and they made the most believable and adorable married couple ever in the second half of the film! SRKajol sealed their reputation as the most successful pair as this film ALSO went on to become a blockbuster, the first film that also did impressively well overseas, reaching No.3 in the UK Box Office! SRK was nominated as Best Actor and Kajol won the Best Actress Filmfare award! In addition to this, they were also the first to win the Best Jodi (couple) award that was created by Star Screen, which honoured their status as the most legendary on screen lovers.

Edited by -Mandeep- - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mandeep- thumbnail

The funny thing is that both Shahrukh and Kajol maintain that they don't understand what "chemistry" means but they do always remark that the reason why they work well together is down to the amazing comfort level they have with each other, which arises through the fact that they are such good friends. Their interaction offscreen is as entertaining and adorable as onscreen!

Shahrukh on Kajol
"When I worked with Kajol the first time I thought she was mad, the second time madder but she does not seem to be coming alright... I think so the next film I do we'll take a phsychiatrist because she is completely mad."

"She's like I would say a sister to me, it's a very strange thing to say because we've done the most romantic scenes in our films."

"Kajol and me share that relationship where she understands my sense of humor, she understands the way I think love should be and she's a very emotional person and she's also actually not a technical actor, she's more of a heart actor."

"there are times when I hit her on the head and say...you're not doing it right!..both of us are like that!"

"Kajol is attractive because she's funny. Women who are too sexy kind of intimidate me, and I find it hard to get along with them. Kajol can laugh with me and I find that comfortable."

"Kajol is so believing in her roles. The conviction with which she says it, you really think that this girl means it. And that is so difficult to do on the spur of the moment."

"I like the way Kajol dresses. Maybe it doesn't fit into the criteria of a conventional well-dressed person but I like her carefree style."

"There is a beautiful clarity in our relationship yet, there is a great deal of mutual admiration and we share a wonderfulbond of support and love."

"When I first met her on the sets of Baazigar, I thought she was mad! She'd come and scream and screech, most unkempt. She was nothing of what heroines were supposed to be! "

"She's honest, earnest, innocent, very loud, very scattered and very beautiful.."

Kajol on Shahrukh
 "I deeply respect him. He is a great human being, he has taught me a lot as an actor and a person. When I look back to the things he has said to me, he was right in a lot of ways."

"I think we have developed a system of working where we don't really need to sit down and explain things to each other too much in detail..."

"My style of working fits in perfectly with his. Our work ethic, style and attitude are the same. That's why we can createmagic on the screen..."

"Our screen relationship had great depth and many dimensions." 
 "For me he is a very special human being."

"Working with Shahrukh is like working with a tornado or a volcano...you know what I mean. It's forever erupting with ideas"

" SRK is like a bad habit ... frankly he spoils you when you work with him"

"I love him to death... he's a sweetheart"

Others on SRKajol
"I love Shahrukh and Kajol" ~ Konkona Sen Sharma

"two friends can work wonders when acting, like in the case of Shah Rukh and Kajol" ~ Rani Mukherji

"The only other pair with a good success ratio is ShahRukh Khan and Kajol who have given very good films together." ~ Mumtaz

"It is a beautiful expression of love. Very well written, not at all vulgar and yet sensual."  ~Waheeda Rahman (on Suraj Hua Maddham)

"I guess we share a chemistry, like Kajol and ShahRukh Khan. " ~ Rakhee

"I also love ShahRukh Khan and Kajol. They obviously believe so much in what I to think -- that is, they are not interested in just going on the sets and finishing their shots, but in living the roles and breathing life into the characters. They make the characters seem very real and yet infuse them with magic." ~ Priyanka Chopra

"I love DDLJ because of the magical chemistry between ShahRukh Khan and Kajol and the director's sensitivity in capturing that chemistry " ~ Aftab Shivdasani

"I like SRK and kajol. They have awesome chemistry." ~ Uday Chopra

"I love Shahrukh and Kajol as pair the most ever. Nothing can compare to the magic of Shahrukh and Kajol ... to me Shahrukh and Kajol are Shahrukh and Kajol. Come on, they are Shahrukh and Kajol!"  ~ Karan Johar (No.1 fan and director :P)
-Mandeep- thumbnail

Finally what we have all been waiting for ... SRKajol reunited in My Name Is Khan! The much awaited trailer released on December 16th .. and what a day it was!

Latest Event - Unveiling of MNIK first look
-Mandeep- thumbnail

Videos
Fallen                                                             You're Still The One
Wake Me Up When September Ends     KKHH vs KHNH
Love Song Requiem                                    Hero
Sk8er Boi                                                       You'll Be In My Heart

1. -Mandeep-

Like this post/comment below to be added!

-Mandeep- thumbnail
I reopened this FC because I love these two so much and sadly I couldn't find an AT for them  the old one was closed so I used their layout and remade it (all credit goes to the old AT) If there is already an open AT please let me know and i'll get this one closed

NEXT POST LINK:
Edited by -Mandeep- - 9 years ago
Pagalpinky thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Amazing job! Really like these two a lot a too
-Mandeep- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Pagalpinky

Amazing job! Really like these two a lot a too

I love these two as well, they are such amazing actors ðŸ˜³
hosanna.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I remember seeing an SRK and Kajol FC too but didn't find it after that and I'm glad you opened this up again because I love these 2 together. Really hoping that they come in a movie together soon.
-Mandeep- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hosanna..

I remember seeing an SRK and Kajol FC too but didn't find it after that and I'm glad you opened this up again because I love these 2 together. Really hoping that they come in a movie together soon.

I hope I see these two together VERY soon as well! 
hosanna.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail