Rangrasiya

(*LATE*) Letter to Rangeela...

kamalt thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I had written this sometime back but didn't have the time (and guts) to put it in the forum for everyone. I know I should have but I am sure it won't have made a difference. Anyways, I needed to get this out of my system (literally, i needed to get it out of my system - I meant my laptop), hence I am putting it up for everyone...

This is just my opinion... i am not pointing fingers at anyone (lol). No, I mean it. I haven't sent this to anyone... this is just for everyone's enjoyment and reading ... please comment if you like, ignore if you don't.

-------------------------------------- LETTER TO RANGEELA STARTS HERE------------------------------------
Dear ... umm... Hello ... umm... WTH... I can't even think of how to start this...

Hi Rangeela Channel,

Here is a big difference between the two of us, I can be sarcastic and you can't. I don't mean that in an absolute sense. Of course you can be sarcastic if you wish. I'm just saying that it is something you probably should not want to be.

Anyways, coming to the point. I just wanted to know the *REAL* reason behind chopping Rangrasiya off your list of tremendously entertaining DEAD shows (I am talking about all the ones that have been running for the past god knows how many years, typically showing "what the audience wants to see" (ya right ...read utter nonsense) and garnering *HIGH* TRPs)!!! 

Is TRP THE ONLY valid reason?? Nah! It can't be. Or maybe yes, it can be! You are not getting enough money/viewership on the 9:30 - 10:00 PM timeslot! If TRPs was the only reason then, why other shows are not picking up in TRPs. So why not "axe" all of them and successfully declare yourself a winner among the floury of other channels? If TRP is not the only valid reason and there are other reasons which you may have *forgotten* to mention, then this was your chance. Wait... what chance??? RR is already axed! Chance gone!

You don't seem to entertain yourself with a new concept like Rangrasiya and just prefer to humor yourself with pretty run-on-the-mill saas bahu dramas which helps maintain your status high! Does this really have that much effect on you? You really need to have a base to compete with other channels in the market? I always though you were different from others ("bharo rang zindigi ke" types), just like Rangrasiya had done in the initial 3-4 months of its opening!

How I wish RR was not running on your banner and had it chosen another, we would have seen the *REAL* Rangrasiya story and not something that was cooked up in hot boiling browth of TRPs! Don't you think so? Ya right! why will you agree?! or would you?!? I am not sure what your "real intentions" are! Alas, you are saying goodbye to Rangrasiya pretty soon and that seems to be good for you because you have have a slot empty to dispay *family* show like BB8 which will take colors soaring high in the clouds (not that I care)!

Regardless, RR is now ended and I am happy but you don't realize what you might have lost! Two great actors whose fan following is so much more than your own following (i guess ... nah, i am pretty sure this is the case :D)! But, nevertheless, you enjoy your great run ahead zooming past all other competitors in the coming months with over the hyped BB8. Competitors, a healthy competitions awaits! BEWARE!

Sincerely,
An Ardent RR viewer
-------------------------------------- LETTER TO RANGEELA ENDS HERE------------------------------------

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Go and send it to Raj , Prashant, channel producer as well!! 😉👍🏼

Shreya
ELLUNDAA thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Good one... 👍🏼
Send it to the damn ceo...
Nice post... 😊
Savera84 thumbnail
Good post.
I too think that they lost a talented lead pair.
We can still go back and watch those Parud episodes as many times as we want.
But they can not revive Rangrasiya.
I feel the makers completely lost it 2/3 of the way through Rangrasiya.
If TRPs are the reason, they should have given a befitted Parud ending, nothing else.  I stayed with show until the end only for Sanaya and Ashish.   
Cheers...