Tumhari Paakhi

Track: Taming the Shrew - Take 6 Parent's Effect on Child Behavior

anonee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Track: Taming the Shrew - Take 6 Parent's Effect on Child Behavior 

I know you all are with me on this one - a parent has tremendous effect on a child' behavior.

Children are like sponges - they model everything a parent (or an adult family member like grandparent, uncle, aunt, etc) does and incorporate what they see into their own lives.  It is important that parents set the right example.

Ayaan is no exception.  We saw how Anuja's negative example had a detrimental effect on Ayaan and lead to bad, nay dangerous behavior.  

Veer's stressed out response towards Ayaan at the peak of the fight between Ayaan and Rhea too affected Ayaan in a deep way.

But there is a world of a difference in the effects that the behavior of Anuja and that of Veer had on Ayaan.

Anuja instigated antisocial behavior in Ayaan, she filled his mind with distrust towards Rhea, Pakhi and Veer.

Veer on the other hand was dealing with the shock that Ayaan would go to the extreme of causing a fire (even though it was brought under control) and with the inability to exert control over the two quarreling kids (yeah - Rhea was  behaving like a ten year old and not like a college teen).  In an effort to regain control over a situation that was deteriorating rapidly he yelled at Ayaan and pushed him away from Rhea.  No doubt he used more than an excess of force - but under the circumstances it was understandable ... immediately to Pakhi. (And the later to Ayaan - with some guidance from Pakhi).  Veer regained his cool right after his act - and tried to reach out to Ayaan immediately.

Pakhi took a positive approach to disciplining Ayaan.  Luckily Ayaan could not stay long away from her and reached out to her.  She took this opportunity to explain to him that Rhea was not responsible for placing the cigarettes in his school bag.  She also made Ayaan realize that PakhVeer love both him and Rhea equally.  

Most importantly, Pakhi made Ayaan realize how wrong his behavior had been and that even when stressed out Veer's love for Ayaan did  not change.

Rhea reacted to everything in her usual way which is to hold Veer responsible and taunt him for getting her to come and live with them in order to get custody of Ayaan.  Remember she blames Veer for everything that has happened in her life - including the trauma of being left an orphan.  It is all about her childhood and her parents leaving her.  In her mind Veer is a poor substitute.

I personally think Veer did a terrific job in controlling the fire and in separating the two kids.  At that time they were totally out of control and a stern voice was needed to stop the quarreling.

The next day, Veer was super calm, and said all the right things to Rhea. I think he gifted a car and driver because there was no way she would take a ride from him or from one of Pakhi's chauffeurs.  

This is my take - feel free to comment and write your opinion of the situation.

Edited by anonee - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vinnie79 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wonderful  post.   Very  true  parents do  have an  effect on the  child's  behavior.   Now in the  heat  of  the  moment  when you  have two  bickering   children  at one point  you  want it to stop.
 Now  in this  situation... We have a  grandmother,   who  should be a responsible  adult,  influencing  this   impressionable  child  in all types  of  negative  behavior, and  even  criminal  acts. Arson... fighting.
 Tainting  his  innocent  mind  with  feeling  of hatred towards  his  own  parents. 
    Aayan  was upset, but he  was  cooling himself in  the  study  until she came and  literally  lit that fire under him.
  Now  Ria.  did  honestly  put in alot of  work   on  her  designed  so  her  reaction as seeing  her   all  night  hard  work  going up  in flames   sent her hot under the  color,  and  since she is already  a high strung  problem  child she was out  for blood.   AAyan   was  the   adding   fewul to that,  while  Anuja   stood back and enjoyed the fire  works . Leaving  Veer and  Paakhi   the  confused  set  trying to defuse the situation!
 Veer lost his  cool for a moment and  took  it out on  AAyan ,  1.  Aayan  was responsible.  and  2   noether  kid  was listening to a word  the adults  were  saying.
 Te aftermath  of the  entrie  situation,  every  one  excpet   queen  bee  was happy  in te  house and  no one  was  eating.  Veer  was beating him self  up  but he also  made a profound  realization  I  think is  key,  when he said   he  did  not want  his  situation with  ria be the cause to  Aayan's -Paakhi's   rift. A point where i  think they  realized that   they  need to also  pay  equal attention  to   Aayan  as  well.
 Paakhi in  her wisdom  explained  it   beautifully   to  her son,  who  despite  Anuja's  best  efforts still  has  an  innocent  heart.
 The  make  up scene  between  ND and  Aayan was  cute and  touching and it goes to  show that  love  has a stronger influence  than  hate. Both  apologised  and  lived through thier  first  disagreement  as  father  and  son,  which  was bound to  happen one day!
 (Except  in the  special  case of  Problem  child  who  it  seems  hate  has a stronger influence   than  love  on her !)

shanaya28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Definitely parents are their children strongest role model and greatest influence ... children often adopt their parents values and types of behaviour..positive or negative children always see their parents as an example the way life is to be lived..

Every family has problems and be it the children or parents they do mistakes..the most important factor is how you handle the situations and be honest in accepting the mistakes..we saw a big example of that in the Epi how Pakhi handle the situation  and how Veer also realises his mistake in the heat of the moment scolding and pushing Ayaan.. 

Pakhi explaining Ayaan without raising her voice but in a lovely way about Veer and Rhea..how parents love their children equally..this is good sign of good upbringing..Veer also did not feel low as a father to ask Sorry to his son ...

In the end we could see how understanding and good upbringing of Pakhi..Veer was of great help for them as parents to overpower the hatred of Anuja to drift apart their family...
Edited by saveeta24 - 9 years ago
anonee thumbnail
Vinnie and Saveeta
Thank you for insightful comments.

I apologize I could not respond earlier as it was a busy day.
payal7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I completely agree with you that children reflect the behavior of their parents.

The one things that parents must do is to set boundaries for their children.  What I saw in Tuesday's episode made me think that that is what Veer has not done with Rhea. There is no way any child should be physical with their parent no matter how angry they are.The way Reha pushed him he almost loses his balance which is some force!!!! That can never be right.

Yes Aayan was at fault and what he did (setting a light the designs) was extremely dangerous and they were shocked but Veer should have raised his voice and tell them both to stop and be quite. He cannot continually say nothing to Rhea. 

Just my opinion, no offence intended.
Vinnie79 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-payal7

I completely agree with you that children reflect the behavior of their parents.

The one things that parents must do is to set boundaries for their children.  What I saw in Tuesday's episode made me think that that is what Veer has not done with Rhea. There is no way any child should be physical with their parent no matter how angry they are.The way Reha pushed him he almost loses his balance which is some force!!!! That can never be right.

Yes Aayan was at fault and what he did (setting a light the designs) was extremely dangerous and they were shocked but Veer should have raised his voice and tell them both to stop and be quite. He cannot continually say nothing to Rhea. 

I   agree  with   the  bold  underlined  statement   100 %  .  Turning  a  blind  eye  on her   rude  and  ill  behaviour  towards  those   older than  her... ( forget  her  father..)
 I grew  up   and I  think  most of  us  did  ,  being  rude  would  earn  us  some  form  of  punishment.
 Right  now  the  situation is  that   it has  gotton  out of  hand  ...and  AAYan  is  right  when  he said  she is  doing  wrong  but goes  unpunished,  while  he  is the   one  thy  try  to correct.  As  he  told  Veer the  day  Ria   broke his tablet.   He very  well  knows  you do  wrong you  get punishment!!!

anonee thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-payal7

Payal  - please be assured I do not take any offence when others express their viewpoints.  I want you to know I truly ENJOY reading your comments.

You have a very good ability of analyzing situations and I love your posts because there is always something new in them.  It helps me know what I overlooked  and understand better the dynamics of the situation.

You are right - it is very important to set boundaries for children.  And yes, Rhea is beyond anger and hatred - to physcially push a parent with that intensity is a glimpse of a budding violent tendency.

I agree Veer needs to exert his authority over Rhea and let her know there are some rules that she needs to follow.

I am willing to grant Veer a little leeway simply because - it appears from his conversations with Pakhi that he has not lived with Rhea in a very long time.  Suddenly he is finding he is living with an adult who is angry and has very fixed negative views about him.  This is all new to Veer.  Over and above he is dealing with the court orders which may result in Pakhi losing Ayaan.  This is a complex situation for any adult.  He is  learning to know Rhea and the extent of her animosity towards him - and so he is a bit slow in formulating a plan to execute his parental authority and discipline Rhea. 
anonee thumbnail
Vinnie

thank you for the comment.

I agree Ayaan is right that Rhea is getting away with bad behavior.

On the other hand PakhVeer are on the learning curve of getting to understand Rhea and formulate a plan to handle her without setting her off into a violent spree.

Focusing on her talents and encouraging her to pursue them is a healthy outlet for her emotions and will keep Rhea's mind occupied.  However that plan of PakhVeer is being sabotaged by Anujs's antics.  Sometimes I wonder who is the kid on the show.  Anuja or Rhea-n-Ayaan