Ajay Jadeja puts his best foot forward

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Ajay Jadeja puts his best foot forward

Nuzhat Aziz

Monday, September 25, 2006  17:40 IST

The heart-throb of Indian cricket not so long ago, and has been a crowd puller both on and off the field is now seen in a new avatar. As part of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' (Sony), Ajay Jadeja has proved that he's an all rounder.

Having dabbled in Bollywood with 'Khel', Ajay is now matching steps with his choreographer for the reality show. Ask him what prompted him to be part of the show and he says, "Why not? Dance is all about celebration and this show is doing exactly that. People from different walks of life have come together and it's great fun."

And what about films? "Bollywood happened when there was a ban on me to play cricket. During that time, I got an offer and took it up. But after the ban was lifted, I went back to cricket. And, now there are no more offers coming my way," he laughs.

Having converted his drawing room into a dance studio in Delhi, Ajay admits that his wife is quite happy about him being part of the show. "Aditi's a great dancer and she's been dancing for as long as I am playing cricket. But now I understand the love for the art," he says.

Talking about his low marks on 'Jhalak…' this time Ajay says, "I know that Farah is the only judge who understands the technical aspect of dance completely. And when she praises my performance I am quite happy."

The cricketer however, admits that from all the competitors, Shveta Salve is way ahead of the rest of them. But he quips, "You never know a game. Bangladesh could win the match against Australia. So we might just win in the final round."

Ajay adds that being monitored by a camera all day long does not make him uncomfortable. "All our goof ups are caught on camera. But it's better to have the goof ups during rehearsals than on the final day," he signs off.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1055050