Posted: 9 years ago
Why making the girl sound like a victim she has done a hideous job😕
i so agree...and so glad to see that someone actually raised it...her points are valid...and i just hope she has the strength to fight all this
I fully support what Elixir wrote. What's with the outpour of support for this girl who was neither forced by poverty nor trafficked into prostitution? I'm not exonerating the clients, they should've been exposed. But that shouldn't translate to senseless support for this girl.
The question here is why should we single out this particular girl and condemn her for prostitution?
Prostitution happens everywhere in the world. It's the world's oldest profession for a reason. Why only rich businessmen, even some of the normal middle class or poor men too, reach out for prostitutes to satisfy their needs. So why point out fingers on her? There are thousands of women out there doing this dandha. Someone wanted to take revenge on her and by her bad luck, she is caught and also exposed like this.

She has not done a crime. She has not killed anyone. She hasn't destroyed anyone's life.

So live and let live. The media has no other job to do other than sensationalize stuff like this.
I can totally symphatize with Shweta if she went into this thing out of some serious crisis, but if she did this just bcoz she was not getting offers frm the industry and she accepted this to maintain her lifestyle, then y should v call her a poor victim and all of that?
She chose to do this... Ofcourse the clients should have been exposed as well and the media should have been a little sensitive but that does not give a reason to victimize her and sham every other individual who is not sypathizing with her...
Originally posted by altuphalu

I understand your logic.
But we know NOTHING about her family situation. So we cannot judge. We have not been in her shoes. Many a time women are bread winners, and do what they need to to put food on the table. Having never been in such a situation; how can we judge.

Also, she is only 23 years old and since she was young, she has been thrust into acting. This is all she knows

We know that she was into acting since she was a kid. She was excellent at what she did. She won THE National award. We know she studied commerce in school and she did get paid to be a child actress so its not hard to sustain doing decent jobs other than acting when she grew up. No one is born with knowledge about everything,they learn the skill. She was thrust into acting but it isn't necessary that once she was an adult she has to continue doing so. Ppl with poor background and bad family conditions do various different kind of work to survive and not resort to selling their body. So she is no different and definitely doesn't need to be treated as a victim of situation,maybe victim of media scrutiny. Pls don't try to justify a middle class or upper middle class girl getting into prostitution to earn quick money. There are many women who go through a lot but don't sell themselves.I will judge this starlet cos she could do some respectable job which would pay less but atleast she will have some dignity. đŸĽą

Edit: She could have worked as an actor in TV shows,they pay well too. Don't tell me this kind of actor can't get a TV role or several supporting TV roles. 

Edited by .Elixir. - 9 years ago
When people say she could have done anything, like taken up an odd job like a BPO job to survive, they are not seeing her point of view.

She was a national award winner at 11. She continued to do TV and did another hit film called Iqbal by 14. By 16 she was the heroine of a blockbuster in Telugu, she was touted to be the next big thing. Suddenly all her next films flopped and she is nowhere. It went down to a level where she was paid only 50,000 per day for a two-day shoot of an item song.

But the thing to be observed here is, she has only seen a posh lifestyle ever since childhood. A lifestyle where she could spend a lakh a day. And you suddenly expect her to take up a BPO job where she gets paid 15,000? She wasn't getting enough work, and this seemed like easy money. And she was very young. She was told every actress goes through this, so she went for it.

I can see her point of view, and I still don't think what she has done is wrong. Neither is the media, they are doing their usual job. If I do something, it would be pitying her, because with a little bit of smartness she could have gone places. Because of her naivette she has gotten to where she has. I still wish her name wasn't taken up and her dignity was protected. They have ruined her life by making it public.
It's not as bleak as we think it is. Look at Shagufta Rafique, once prostitute now a regular script writer for Bhatt Bros movies. Hansal Mehta is offering her work.. it would be good for her if she starts working behind  camera. She can be an AD.. she can be an assistant editor.. there are a  good number of female editors in BW.. if she starts assisting them, she'd be safe from the leering eyes.
Originally posted by VanBuuren

When people say she could have done anything, like taken up an odd job like a BPO job to survive, they are not seeing her point of view.

She was a national award winner at 11. She continued to do TV and did another hit film called Iqbal by 14. By 16 she was the heroine of a blockbuster in Telugu, she was touted to be the next big thing. Suddenly all her next films flopped and she is nowhere. It went down to a level where she was paid only 50,000 per day for a two-day shoot of an item song.

But the thing to be observed here is, she has only seen a posh lifestyle ever since childhood. A lifestyle where she could spend a lakh a day. And you suddenly expect her to take up a BPO job where she gets paid 15,000? She wasn't getting enough work, and this seemed like easy money. And she was very young. She was told every actress goes through this, so she went for it.

I can see her point of view, and I still don't think what she has done is wrong. Neither is the media, they are doing their usual job. If I do something, it would be pitying her, because with a little bit of smartness she could have gone places. Because of her naivette she has gotten to where she has. I still wish her name wasn't taken up and her dignity was protected. They have ruined her life by making it public.

So she indeed was rich. Then her parents are at fault. Cos they should have invested into her future. Invest in real estate or bonds or whatever. For eg ,for all the flak the Honey Boo Boo family faces,their mother is really smart and is saving up all the money they are earning for the future use of Honey Boo Boo.

Also a bankrupt person can't expect his lifestyle to be same as before when he had money. They have to change with circumstances or else they would be worse than before and thats what happened with this girl too. There are many things to work on in this same industry. Being in front of screen as a lead is not the only thing to aspire to. 

@Bold: What dignity? Same one she lost when she became a prostitute right. Don't tell me sleeping around for money will increase your self worth or pride. She must loathe her life,her decisions and now its worse. Atleast now maybe she can try to improve her conditions. Ppl will talk about this for few days and then move on. She might write a book about her difficult days,maybe get a movie about her and earn money again. 
Originally posted by NailClipper

It's not as bleak as we think it is. Look at Shagufta Rafique, once prostitute now a regular script writer for Bhatt Bros movies. Hansal Mehta is offering her work.. it would be good for her if she starts working behind  camera. She can be an AD.. she can be an assistant editor.. there are a  good number of female editors in BW.. if she starts assisting them, she'd be safe from the leering eyes.
Editing needs damn good talent and experience...does she have any editing experience? AD job is really tough. They are a little better than spot boys. Instead of all this she should go for supporting roles and also TV. TV isnt very judgemental about backgrounds of actors. Even Monica Bedi managed to get work. And Shweta is a talented actress.