Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Very disappointed with way media has handled this issue!
Yes I do agree that actress involved must have entered into prostitution in order to gain money BUT By publicly naming her these people have not only stripped her of her chances to rehabilitate but also scarred her career for life? I mean she is such a talented actor... But no people just want to jump to being judgemental. We don't punish rapists in this Country and publicly stone them but are quick to do so to a woman. 

Its sad to see journalists and media forgetting 'basic human right to dignity' everyone deserves, only in order to sensationalize a news! Disappointed!
Edited by GundayVedant - 9 years ago
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ironic how people first say to name the clients and not degrade a victim and later call any other woman a prostitute based on any xyz they have heard.
There has been no news on sakshi regarding any such thing so let's not name her anything in fact let's not name any woman any such thing. When we ourselves act like this then what can we expect from the media. They do it to sell stuff and looking at some comments here, it seems they are doing their job right. We all target the women like some one did with sakshi without any proof.
LoveLives4Ever thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nkapoora0

Sakshi is not a prostitute! Poor thing people are accusing her just because she is famoussnd because she is speaking for shweta! Stop making fake stories about famous people! Please!

Agree on this, lets not drag saakshi down for stating her opinion about the whole thing. I've been following her since kahaani days and have never heard anything like this about her so.. Plus it's a very serious accusation and an extremely cheap one at that to say without any proper evidence so please let's no go there👎🏼
On topic agree, not saying what shweta did was right, but maligning her all over the place is just wrong especially just her.. If women are wrong for getting into prostitution, why aren't men wrong for paying for it?? Why hide their identities and splurge the girl's all over newspapers, Internet and tv..Edited by TrueLoveLasts - 9 years ago
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: AlooPoshto

Word. What the media did by splashing her images on the paper was wrong but why is it that suddenly when she has been arrested,all the directors are sympathizing with her? If these directors on twitter would've given her some roles back then, she probably wouldn't have had to opt to go through this route (since she herself said she did it to maintain her lifestyle,as per reports).

Yeah mostly the newspaper covers/hide the faces and names. This is the first time I think they have disclosed the name in public. Sad.

NKapoor: I never said anything about Sakshi being/saying anything wrong.

I am just irritated with ppl saying may god give Shweta enough strength to endure the hardship after this scandal, like she is some victim of rape who are really unfortunate. A girl who didn't wanted to go through hardship like regular ppl and do regular jobs and ended up in prostitution and got caught twice now. Sorry but I have no sympathy for Shweta.As you sow so shall you reap! 
Edited by .Elixir. - 9 years ago
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
KochuEdited by KochurShaakBata - 9 years ago
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Not only she has been in remand where as Shareef zaade business men names r kept secret. If she was from well reputed ir strong family n involved in such case. Would she kept in remand! No. Never. She is all alone n being trapped. Drugs or such things r also happen in rich families too but all keep under wraps. Y the rich men r free..
This content was originally posted by: altuphalu

We are writing pages and pages judging her - how many pages have we written judging the men using services of prostitutes?

Maturity is not age dependent. It is based on on one's life experiences as well as upbringing. Out of all the starlets prostituting themselves; she was the only one caught and that too, twice. And the one to have her name published in the media.

Sad, that even at the age of 23 she does not seem to have any older friends or relatives showing her the 'right' path.

In almost EVERY post, there is a demand to know why the clients have not been named. Read from page one.
This content was originally posted by: nkapoora0

@elixr--i know u said nothing about sakshi! I am talking about some other people,also people are feeling bad for shweta because she is not being treated correctly by the police, is being kept in the remand house, her mother is not allowed to see her either, so one does feel bad for her, so many high class prostitutes, so many people who use them, but none of those people get treated this way!

So would you be okay if those "high class" ladies also got treated in the same way?
This content was originally posted by: poppy2009

</div>
<div>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">That's doesn't mean anything.</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Sakshi's involvement in the"pleasure network" doesn't take away her right to speak about an issue like this. Which in turn, makes her views worth discussing here.</font>

Could be, but she didn't throw light on the gateways which could lead somebody down this path. Merely said stuff that portrayed Shweta as a "victim".