A Mystery Story *untitled* Chap2. Pg3

Posted: 9 years ago

I: A meeting with the head

A woman in her 20s walked down the lane towards a huge building, pulling her sweater tightly as the wind chilled her to the bone. It had been days since she had gone there. She had been called now for some mission of importance.

She entered the building and looked around. For a normal person it was just an office bustling with people but she knew that it was the headquarters of the 'Secret Service Agency' at the core. For her, it was the finest buildings in the world, supported by a high level technology and a foolproof security system to keep off impostors. The woman walked towards the reception.

"Name?" the receptionist enquired.

"Nishi" the woman said.

"What work do you have?"

"Umm... I came to meet Mr. Rick Fletcher. For some personal reasons. He is a very good friend of mine."

"Please wait" she said and dialled the telephone "someone named Nishi..." she gave Nishi a queer look "...okay, I'll send her in". The receptionist hung the phone. "You can go" she said and gave Nishi the directions.

Nishi went inside following the directions give to her. She didn't need them. She was very much used to these passages that she could walk through them even in pitch black darkness. She walked through a long corridor and reached the end. The next thing she knew was that a person had blindfolded her and stuffed her into a chair.

"Name ID?" a thick manly voice asked.

"Nis- err...Rosa Parks" replied Nishi.

"Password and reason?" another man asked.

"1247895. If you are a teddy bear, you are sure know Mr. Bean and you are cute." Nishi said, feeling awkward.

"Reason?" the man asked again.

"I don't know" said she.

"Let her go" the man with the thick voice said. They took her somewhere presumably to Rick Fletcher's room. On the way, Nishi found the voices of the men very familiar and pondered why she felt so. The three of them took a left, then a right and stopped.

One of the men removed the blindfold and Nishi found herself facing a door.

"Thank you Perkins and Hyde" she called out to the men without looking at them when she heard the sound of the footsteps "and nice work with the modulation Perkins, you really got me there"

She chuckled and entered the room leaving the two men, Perkins and Hyde, dumbfounded.

Nishi saw the back of the rotating chair facing her as she entered the room which was the best of all in the whole building, the room of the head of the Secret Service Agency.

The rotating chair turned towards her and Nishi found herself in front of Rick Fletcher, popularly known as Mr. X, Nishi gazed at him trying to find words to describe Mr. X. how was she supposed to do it? Describing X was practically impossible, for he was different to different persons. For some he was a young adult with golden hair, blue eyes and rosy cheeks, for some he was an old man and for the others he was a bespectacled middle-aged man with red flaming hair. Today he was a handsome young man with brown hair and light eyes.

"Looking good today X" Nishi remarked.

"Thank you, sit down Nishi" said X.

"Why don't you change the password system X? I feel silly saying if you are a teddy bear...'"

"Silly it may be, but I know you agree that it is completely foolproof" X said.

"Yes" agreed Nishi "what made you call for me X?"

"I had told you earlier about an important assignment. Well I want you to take it up" said X.

Nishi sighed "you know what X, I guess I had enough of this secret service. I think its time I settled down. "Said she.

"With Neil Arora?" asked X.

"How did you come to know?" Nishi asked, clearly shocked. She saw him smirk and then it hit her.

"You have been tailing me!" she exclaimed.

X nodded in agreement. "Not only you" he said "but many others too"

"You don't trust me?"

"It is not a matter of trust' Nishi, it's just to keep my list of agents clean. So I sent people to keep a watch on the old agents."

"Old? I am just 25" Nishi mumbled.

"Old in experience Nishi" said X in an exasperated tone "you are one of the experienced and senior agents of the agency. I can't afford to let you blabber our secrets elsewhere."

"What about the younger agents? Are you tailing them too?"

"New ones are not my priority. They can't do much damage to the agency with their limited information. The old ones are more important as they have greater knowledge about the job, agency and me. And they can sneak out the secrets slickly. The new ones, on the other hand, wouldn't remain alive for much time after the think to betray the agency." X finished in a deadly voice.

"Okay...anyhow I'd rather not take up the mission. I'll get easily distracted now."

"We cannot afford you to get distracted" said X "looks like we have to finish Neil off"

"No!" Nishi shouted

"Just kidding" said X.

"Well you have a deadly sense of humour" Nishi said keeping her hand over her heart.

"Men of power and authority require a deadly sense of humour. The person in front of you should be scared more than amused so that he thinks twice before going against you."

"So...I have to take up this assignment?"

"Yes"

"I have no other choice?"

"No"

"Fine" sighed Nishi "go ahead and brief me what this is all about"

X leaned forward and rested his palms on the table. Great, there he goes again, thought Nishi.

"Lord Alexander Haig, London's famous billionaire is currently staying in Pearlwood lodge in Maidstone, a town about 240 miles from London and-"

"Is he facing a threat? Is his life in danger?" Nishi cut across X.

"No Nishi, Lord Haig is not the victim, he is the suspect"

Silence followed X's proclamation.

"Are you sure x?" Nishi asked dubiously "because lord alexander Haig is a respectable figure"

"Exactly, this is how people blindly trust him. The thing is Nishi, he is NOT to be trusted. Sources suggest he is guilty for his wife's death."

"His wife? Margaret Haig? The lady who died from...was it blood poisoning? Are you hinting that LORD HAIG had a hand in her contracting the disease?" Nishi said, sarcasm oozing into her voice.

"It is not that simple Nishi!" X banged his hand on the table in frustration.

"Fine, calm down and continue"

"Yes, so" x continued "you have to keep an eye on him and make sure everything is fine."

"When do I have to go?"

"Your train is at 4:30 pm that is precisely after 45 minutes"

"45 minutes! You could have informed me earlier!" Nishi cried out in indignation.

X shrugged off her cry and Nishi sighed.

"Will you inform Neil?" Nishi asked

"Sure I will" said x.

Nishi went to the door and opened it.

"And Nishi..."

She turned around.

"Take care and be safe"

-------------------------------

Nishi sat in the car and found her luggage already in the car. Pleased, she reached the station and took her seat on the 4:30 to Maidstone. She mentally prepared herself for the forthcoming assignment as the train took leave from the station.

Edited by Nishi.Kss - 9 years ago
Hello Writer Corner Inhabitants :D
i am a newbie here..My name's Nishi and i am a 11th standard student :P
this is something i am writing and well decided to share and get your views..Cause this the Writer's hangout place. :P

Do share your valuable reviews
Cheers
Nishi.
Amazing.. Story sounds gripping and interesting...
Waiting for next part.. eager to know how Nishi will solve mysterious case...
Continue soon..

BTW Nishu Thanks a ton for PM 🤗
Edited by Barbievishi20 - 9 years ago
Originally posted by Barbievishi20

Amazing.. Story sounds gripping and interesting...
Waiting for next part.. eager to know how Nishi will solve mysterious case...
Continue soon..

BTW Nishu Thanks a ton for PM 🤗

Barbie..🤗
thanks a ton :D
sure lets see shall we.? (even i have to see 😆)
Originally posted by Nishi.Kss

Barbie..🤗
thanks a ton :D
sure lets see shall we.? (even i have to see 😆)
Go ahead and see 😆
nishu ðŸ¤—
i already said you are an amazing writer 
this is a really nice concept..i want to read more :P
jaldi se update dena zaroor...
p.s-u already posted this na before ðŸ¤“
Originally posted by .Vrushanholic.

nishu ðŸ¤—
i already said you are an amazing writer 
this is a really nice concept..i want to read more :P