Can't put a price on emotions of fans.

Mogwai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
First of all my love and appreciation to fellow forum members that have been making an extra effort to get our voice heard by the channel. I will not mention individual names since the forum is a family and it's a collective effort. Together we are one :) So thank you all...!

Now I know that waiting until Thursday is very painful and to an extent, cruel. We are left hanging...hoping and praying. But we are also left feeling anxious and restless. What to do? I guess this is the price we have to pay for our attachment to RR/Parud/SanIsh! But I sincerely hope that this isn't colors buying time. I hope that they are not waiting it out before they deliver a final blow. Channels do not work on emotions like the fans. But we have loved one ITS shows...they owe us a little bit of decency.

I know that the final call will be taken by the channel itself. But I do hope that the makers of the show have given the channel their take on the entire scenario. I understand that even the makers have their hands tied. They make episodes, not these sort of decisions. But they can chip in with their 2 cents. We are telling colors not to end RR. So can they. The makers can tell the channel to give their show a chance.

In America, when a show is struggling in terms of ratings, the channel usually deliberates and makes a decision at the end of the current season. They also allow makers of the show to meet with them and pitch the next season to them. They give the team a chance to convince them...to let them know why the show should remain on air and what they have up their sleeves in order to deliver a better new season. Something happened with Beauty and the Beast, a show that I follow but has always struggled with ratings. I know it's a completely different scenario and set up in India...and it's messy! But I am hoping that RR Team DOES make its point to the channel. And then of course let colors decide. 

Look, I know that the PH does want its show to remain on air. They have put a lot of effort in to it. But ultimately they will always have another show in the pipeline. They are always brewing with new ideas. So it is easier for them to move on and make another show. I'm not trying to be disrespectful here towards the makers of the show, so I hope my words are not misunderstood by some. All I'm saying is that it's always the fans that have it bad. We are often labelled as fanatics by PHs because they don't understand how much we invest in their shows. You can't put a price on the value of our emotions. These characters don't just come on our TV sets...they walk straight in to our hearts.

Edited by .Wanderer. - 9 years ago