Chandrakant Chiplunkar Seedi Bambawala

TOI: We forget to idolise real-life heroes: Prashant Damle

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
We forget to idolise real-life heroes: Prashant Damle
We forget to idolise real-life heroes: Prashant Damle

Prashant Damle will return to the fiction genre " after a gap of 12 years " with a light-hearted TV series, Chandrakant Chiplunkar Seedi Bambawala, which revolves around a selfless firefighter. 

Says the actor, who plays the title character, "I am excited about the show, which focuses on the goodness and courage in people." Prashant feels that a firefighter's job is a thankless one. "Their motto is to save lives. We forget to idolise real-life heroes, but we worship reel heroes," he observes. Chandrakant's selflessness often lands him in trouble, thus lending the show a comicflavour. The actor says he is quite similar to his on-screen character in that regard. 

"I too can't say no to anybody. If the demand is feasible, I will do everything possible to fulfil it. This trait of mine has led to many comical situations. Recently, I was invited to grace the opening ceremony of a blood-donation camp in Pune. The event was at 10.30 am and I had a show two hours later. After reaching the venue, Irealised that I had to donate blood. I did the needful and immediately left for the show. One is supposed to take rest after donating blood, butI couldn't do that. In no time, I started feeling weak, but I completed the show somehow," he says.

Chandrakant Chiplunkar Seedi Bambawala launches tonight and will air Monday to Friday at 10 pm on SAB TV.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters