Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Varun Dhawan's punch lands Vinay Pathak in hospital

hasini009 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Oops moment: Varun Dhawan's punch lands Vinay Pathak in hospital

IndiaToday.in  New Delhi, August 18, 2014 | UPDATED 17:06 IST

Looks like Bollywood actor Varun Dhawan is too keen to shed his chocolate boy image and how!

The actor who will be seen in an action hero avatar in Sriram Raghavan's Badlapur was shooting the last leg of the film when he ended up injuring fellow co-star Vinay Pathak while filming some hardcore moves.
Varun will be seen in a serious role for the first time in the Saif Ali Khan production
Apparently during the filming of a particular fight sequence in which Varun was required to land a punch on co-star Vinay, he ended up injuring the actor who immediately collapsed on the floor.

The situation caused panic and led to Vinay being taken to a nearby medical facility. Thankfully it was discovered in a while that Vinay had suffered a hairline fracture on his shoulder and advised rest.

Sources close to a leading tabloid added that Varun was apparently guilt-stricken and mentioned that he did not intend to hurt his co-star.

Badlapur is an action-thriller which will see Varun Dhawan cast opposite actor Yami Gautam. The film also features Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Huma Qureshi and Radhika Apte in prominent roles.

The shoot of the film was completed on August 15 and a wrap-up party was held to mark the occassion.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BeingChevi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Varun Dhawan, who will be seen next in Sriram Raghavan's Badlapur, was shooting the last leg of the film's schedule in a Mumbai studio.

What transpired left his co-star Vinay Pathak in a hospital and Varun guilt stricken. Revealed a source close to the production, "It was late at night and the two actors were shooting a
scene with Radhika Apte. As part of the scene, Varun had to shove Vinay really hard. Varun who was immersed in the scene gave Vinay a power-packed push. Vinay collapsed on the floor and couldn't get back on his feet." 

As the actor writhed in pain, everyone present on the set panicked. "They shoot was put on hold and Vinay was wheeled to a nearby medical facility.

He was diagnosed with a hairline fracture," the source added. 

When contacted, Varun told Mirror, "It was a difficult scene and I didn't mean to hurt Vinay. My
character in the film, Raghu, has shades of grey and there are several fight scenes," he said. "This is not the first time someone has got injured. Even Nawaz (Nawazuddin Siddiqui) and I have been injured in the past but not as seriously asVinay." Varun reveals that the film wrapped up on Independence Day. 

And freed him of the heavy beard he has been wearing since the past few months. "I couldn't wait to get rid of it, I was so thrilled to finally shave it off," he reminisces with a laugh. 

_________

Hope Vinay gets healed soon. Nice to Varun clean shaven ðŸ˜ƒ
CineFanLuver thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Looks like Varun needs to get worshops in fake punching. Dude can't keep hurting his costars, man. 
Hope Vinayji was insured & will get well soon!
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
oh
get well soon vinay