Today's Take - Bells Don't Ring

Posted: 9 years ago
Today's Take - Bells Don't Ring 

undefined

Not very inspired by today's episode, so a small take from me today. Please carry on the discussions. The bells completely put me off the entire episode. 
From dark, intense, passionate romance to ... comedy?! ๐Ÿ˜•

What's with the pace again ... what is the rush to show romance between Myrah and Rudra?

And what's with the silly bells ringing ... if the CVs think that's a funny way to show that Myrah is getting supernatural signals about her emotions for Rudra ... then let me assure them, it's not funny, it's stupid. ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ 

Myrah checking out the temple bells was cute though ... and Shatabdi trying to find out her budget for her wedding, and wanting a slice of the pie was amusing ... does Shatabdi really think she can cater for a high society wedding like it seems Myrah's would be? If there is going to be a wedding at all, that is. Myrah did seem to be pretty clued on about details like her wedding lehnga and the catering etc. 

The shawl scene was okay ... Rudra tries to apologise ... Myrah gets him angry again and he leaves without completing his apology, and instead having another bickering session with Myrah ...

Dhruv tells him he will listen to him from now on, as he doesn't want his dad to be sad or angry ... Rudra is pleased, but surprised that it was Myrah who taught Dhruv the right thing ... feels he might have misjudged her after all ... goes and covers her with Paro's shawl. Dhruv happy ... she may not be Mummy, but Mummy has sent her ... that's why you gave her Mummy's shawl.

The Parud flashbacks were probably the most touching part of the episode. ๐Ÿฅบ

Maithili tells Myrah that the shawl was given by Rudra ... and it's Paro's shawl ... Myrah doesn't react to Paro's name at all.
But she does go to return the shawl ... and smiles to see Rudra and Dhruv sleeping exactly the same way. And of course falls over ... Rudra wakes up ... some more tu tu main main ...
After Paro and Rudra's intensity, these scenes seem very light and frivolous ๐Ÿ˜•

Did not like the kids' stunt ... there was no logic in their thinking that if Myrah has been sent by Paro, she should like the same food. 
Maithili talking about Paro and her pregnancy was touching ... wish the stupid cv's, instead of being in such a hurry to wrap up Paro's death, had taken the time to give us some cute Paro pregnancy scenes ... ๐Ÿฅบ

Rudra goading Myrah to eat was not funny either ... it's not only NRIs who don't know how to eat daal baati, most non-Rajasthanis don't know either. And it's not only NRIs who can't handle spices. 

Myrah behaving like a stubborn fool and continuing to eat was even less funny ...

The whole bathroom drama was stupid ... although have to say, Sanaya and Ashish, and the actors playing Shatabdi and Maithili all acted really well.

Rudra laughing at the end was cringeworthy ... to laugh like that at someone is not funny at all. Could have understood if the kids had laughed ... but not a grown man. Sorry - I'm not a fan of toilet humor at all.

And the precap ... more Myrah Rudra closeness? If there are more bells ringing, I think I will do something I didn't even do for Chhanchhan ... give up on the show.

I am very irritated with the ghantis ... if this is what the CVs fondly imagine is a funny way to show that Myrah's dil ki ghantis are ringing for Rudra, I wish they would stop. They are frankly ridiculous. She is no uneducated unaware village belle, she is a modern educated woman of today. 

Also don't like the number of Myrah Rudra trip fall and catch scenes .. again don't understand the rush to kick start a Myrah Rudra pairing. Am not even ready to call it romance yet.

I really need to watch this show as a new show ... and not as RR 2.0 ๐Ÿ˜• 

Edited by DiyaS - 9 years ago

Lovely analysis as usual Diya!! I completely agree; the term bait and switch is EXACTLY what has been done to us with RR. I watched for the passion, drama, intensity, dark, mystery etc, And now I'm getting Comedy Nights with Kapil -_____-

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy levels of light heartedless, they're lovely and Sanaya's acting is wonderful. BUT COULD THIS NOT HAVE BEEN DONE WITH PARO?! REALLY?!

As for the Rushing part, didn't you get the memo, THESE CVs ONLY KNOW HOW TO RUSH!
They rushed their Consumpation after having us wait; then they rushed the pregnancy and then they RUSHED to kill Paro off. Effing idiots. Now, they're going to rush us into a new romantic pair as if we're just supposed to FORGET what was hand fed to us for months.

GERRR!

Don't get me started on those god damn bells.

I'm only hanging around with a slim hope but once Myrah and Rudra happens (which it looks like it will) I'm out. Done with this Bakwaas, and the biggest bait and switch in Television history. 

Edited by reeha...k - 9 years ago
Hi Diya- Thanks for opening a post everyday and writing such brilliant insights.
Hi Shweths- Thanks for making collages every day and giving your time and energy.

Bholenath moment- Myrah does get drawn to Bholebaba and does pranam, rings the bell and rings the other bell and wonders why bells ring.๐Ÿ˜Š

Rudra-Myrah moment- Rudra doesn't like being ignored so he pulls the earphone from her hair and it gets entangled and Myrah can hear the sound of the bell again. She seems to be falling in love and is Rudra getting attracted too?

Moment of Apology
- Rudra does feel bad and apologizes to Myrah and she likes it but they don't like each other's attitude.๐Ÿ˜Š

Moment of concern
- Rudra does tell Myrah that it is cold outside and of says it in his typical way and that is Rudra Pratap Ranawat for us.๐Ÿ˜Š

Cute moment
- I loved how Myrah said that she wishes that she had a big middle name just to jamao an impression on Rudra.๐Ÿ˜Š

Genuine moment
- Dhruv asks Rudra if he is mad and Rudra says that he is not mad all the time and he can never get mad with Dhruv. Dhruv doesn't like Rudra being sad and that is why he didn't want to tell him doll wala story. However, Dhruv is not going to hide anything and will ask Rudra. Loved how he told Rudra that he has to give a reason for not giving him that thing. Dhruv does tell him that Myrah taught him this thing.๐Ÿ˜Š

Moment of care
- Rudra does take the shawl and covers her up knowing that she is sleeping and of course Dhruv notices that.๐Ÿ˜›

Moment of Realization
- Dhruv says that "I know that she is not mummy but looks like God has sent her to us". What a sad thing to say and realize but holding on to Hope and Faith that she is Paro.  After Rudra questions him Dhruv is quick to tell him that he feels the same otherwise he wouldn't have given Myrah his shawl.๐Ÿ˜Š The flashback was killing and the way Rudra picked up Dhruv was so sad thinking it is the bitter truth.

Caring moment
- I liked how Maithili woke up Myrah and told her to go inside. She also told Myrah that the shawl belongs to Paro who is Dhruv's mother.๐Ÿ˜Š She further tells her that Rudra must have covered her up with the shawl.

Sweet moment-
Myrah loves that father and son are sleeping in the same pose. She also notices that Dhruv's leg is hanging on the ground and she decides to put it in the right place.๐Ÿ˜Š Why? Not only that, she covers him up with the blanket. When Rudra finds out that she is in the room she tells Rudra to stop yelling because Dhruv is sleeping. Why is she so concerned about Dhruv?

Thank you moment-
Myrah does thank Rudra and tells him that she didn't know that it belonged to his wife and does understand the importance of the shawl. Rudra does pull Myrah on to him and the bell strikes again.๐Ÿ˜Š

Compare and contrast moment
- Maithili says that even though Paro and Myrah have the same face they have totally different tastes and living style.๐Ÿ˜ญ Maithili brought tears to my eyes when she said that she had to hide pickles for Paro๐Ÿ˜ญ

Testing moment
- Dhruv mixes Mirchi in the dish and is out to test if Myrah likes it or not. Shatabdi is expecting Myrah to like the Daal Batti but Rudra challenges her that she is not going to like it. Myrah does feel the Mirchi but decides to fake that she liked it in front of Rudra. However, she can feel the fire and goes ballistic.

Funny moment- When Myrah asked for loo, Maithili said that where is loo blowing?๐Ÿ˜Š

I feel bad for Myrah when she had an upset tummy and hope she feels better.

Today's episode was a mixture of realizations, and "Realize" comes to my mind for the acrostic because of what Rudra , Myrah and Dhruv feel.

R- Right on (Rudra apologizes to Myrah for misunderstanding her)๐Ÿ˜Š
E-Earnest (Realizes that Myrah is cold and covers her up with the shawl)
A-All-important (Rudra tells Dhruv that he cannot be upset with him ever)๐Ÿ˜Š
L-Lovable (Dhruv likes when Rudra covers Myrah with the shawl)
I-Insightful (Dhruv asks Rudra if Paro has sent Myrah to them)๐Ÿ˜Š
Z-Zesty (Myrah thanks Rudra for covering her up with the shawl)
E-Empowering (Myrah does go to Bholenath today and tries to make sure that Dhruv is sleeping right)๐Ÿ˜Š

CVs- Just a request. If the show is coming to an end, please end it with a bang and show that Paro Bai Sa was always with us.๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by Tennessean - 9 years ago
Res... Busy, will be late...

--------------UnReserved------------

The episode was ok... CV's I beg of you... Please stop rushing things.. Why are you in a hurry to build the closeness between Myrah and Rudra.. Just so you know, we are not in a hurry to see them together at all... Unless Myrah is Paro๐Ÿ˜›. The story moving in a good pace... Please try to maintain it... Also please stop with those trip, fall, catch equation.. We all know Rudra is still in pain over the loss of his Paro, just like we are... And Myrah is in the process of happily getting married to someone else... Now how do you expect us to feel anything between these two?? And please note that PaRud are magic... no one else except Paro and Rudra together can create that.. 

The episode starts with Myrah Jasoos... walking to the temple trying to figure out which bell matches the sound of her personal mysterious bell ... I really wish that bell sound is there for a very good reason... Than just to literally tell us that Myrah ki dil ki ganthi baji๐Ÿ˜†... She knows Rudra for not more than 3 days maximum, she is not a village belle to fall for a guy just because he stooped her from a fall or gave her a shawl... And also, how can she feel anything for a person with whom she does nothing but fight when she is happily discussing the arrangements of her wedding with her childhood best buddy๐Ÿ˜•... So, I conclude that the bells are not Myrah's version of Khushi's Dhak Dhak's. And if CV's show it as such, then I will only say, CV's I am totally disappointed in you and you cannot be the same people who gave us first 3 months of RR.. Also, the bells can mean something else too... Like a hint that Myrah is Paro and that the proximity between her and Rudra still effects her, just like it did when she is Paro... ๐Ÿ˜›.. 

Rudra trying to apologize to Myrah was sweet... But that girl and her non stop blabbering mouth don't give him a chance to complete what he wanted to say.. Even though her words were pissing him off, he still tell her come inside as it is cold out.. But Myrah who is not someone to just sit and listen... "Mein bhi Myrah Mehra hu. Damn It! Kash mere paas be koi bhari middle name hota"๐Ÿ˜†.. Few of Myrah's dialogues were hilarious in this scene. Sanaya was Awesome in this scene.. She is nailing Myrah๐Ÿ‘.. Finally giving up, Rudra tries to be the adult of the two and walks in without indulging in the argument which Myrah was ready to start...

Dhruv asking Rudra, if he was angry at him?? And Rudra's answer... Reminded me of Paro... Dhruv was not worried about his father being angry at him but was worried that he will get sad... Like he always does.. That was his reason for not telling his father the truth.. Awww! he is such a sweetheart.. Paro sure left a huge chunk of herself in Dhruv... He knows and loves his father so much... I also liked Dhruv's childish dialogues at the shawl scene. But Dhruv beta, you are our only hope... We are all in team Myrah is Paro.. So please don't say such words again๐Ÿ˜‰.. 

I didn't understand Rudra rushing to Myrah with Paro's favorite shawl.. I mean, I get it that Dhruv's words made him realize that he was wrong about Myrah but to suddenly start worrying about her?? And taking care of her? Is he falling between that thin line of reality and fantasy... I sure hope not๐Ÿ’”.. Hope he remembers that the face that is etched so deeply in his heart, whose one glimpse holds the power to hurt and soothes him at the same time is not this one... At least not till CV's tell Rudra otherwise..๐Ÿ˜›... Poor guy, it must be hell to see Myrah who looks like Paro every second and to remind himself that she is not her. That his her is gone. Never coming back..๐Ÿฅบ

Well being the good girl she is Myrah comes to Rudra's room to give the shawl back, only to see that the father-son duo are asleep... But instead of leaving she ends up walking into the room adoring the sleeping Dhruv... The shock on Rudra's face as he sees her, the frustration followed by anger, to his bewildered expressions form her cursing him regarding sleep... Superb expressions by Ashish๐Ÿ‘...  And just when he tries to be gently/understanding/nice to her, her bells ring, confusing the poor guy as to what the hell she was talking about... ๐Ÿ˜›.. CV's no Myrah falling for Rudra.. pleaseee... That is too soon, too fast and too not right...

Maithili's recollection of Paro was such a beautiful scene.. It was my favorite scene of the episode.. The flash backs and recollections of Paro are the heart of the episodeโค๏ธ... I miss her so much... The fondness with which Maithili spoke of her just brought tears in my eyes.. Geetanjali was amazing in that scene๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ... 

The children trying to see if Myrah is Paro by figuring out if she likes spicy food too is a bit logical.. But to do that to see if Myrah is sent by Paro.. What is the logic there??? Beats me.. May be that is why it was shown as children's logic ๐Ÿ˜›.. Any way, it was an ok scene for me.. The tu tu, mein mein of Myrah and Rudra is getting to me now.. I mean, every other scene I see them arguing๐Ÿ˜ณ.. I wish CV's tone that down a little. Irrespective of how good/bad, logical/illogical the scene was I did laugh at the mirchi and bathroom scenes... Not because the scene was funny but the expressions of Myrah, Rudra, Maithili were...Sanaya, Ashish were excellent with their expressions like always.. And Geetanjali was no less... One thing I liked was Koel's spontaneous answer to Rudra... Covering up the real issue.. This girl is truly smart๐Ÿ˜›... 

Precap, Nothing to say๐Ÿ˜•...Except... CV's zara dheere chalo.. And if possible, give us back our Paro soon.. 

Edited by Hope - 9 years ago
Very frivolous episode despite competent acting by individual actors based on the script and brief given to them by CVs. Blame goes solely to the creatives who come up with such "potty" humour. Agree Diya, if the bells are something like "dil ki ghanti" it is rather banal and more than that very irritating. Debating if the CVs have a backstory for Myrah or lack of family, fiance etc. are cost cutting measures by the team. Yesterday I thought the writers may have something more for Myrah, and still fervently hoping for it. Rudra too is so watered down, his essence seems to have died with Paro.Edited by showviewer - 9 years ago
Rudra is such a boring character nowadays. He's soulless without Paro. ๐Ÿ˜ต
Going by some posts in the forum, I guess I'm one of the odd ones out. Did not enjoy the potty scenes and actually most of the episode was a let down - just like the last few days.
What's with the ghanti? So juvenile. Could they not come with anything better? After watching todays's episode it's difficult to imagine that these are the same writers who gave us the 1st few months of RR.

Nice take diya and awesome collages ultimaterudra ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Originally posted by Suni

Going by some posts in the forum, I guess I'm one of the odd ones out. Did not enjoy the potty scenes and actually most of the episode was a let down - just like the last few days.
What's with the ghanti? So juvenile. Could they not come with anything better? After watching todays's episode it's difficult to imagine that these are the same writers who gave us the 1st few months of RR.

It's like night and day. I'm shocked and appalled. They dumbed everything down. I hope for CVs' sake, TRPs go up because otherwise such buffoonery can't be justified, especially seeing what brilliance they gave us in Rangrasiya 1.0.
Edited by squivi - 9 years ago
Nice take Diya, T and Hope, and lovely collages, Shweta๐Ÿ˜Š

Here is what I thought of the episode:

Starting with something postive: For me, honestly the episode was good, enjoyable, and with too much emphasis on Myrah not = Paro, so I'm guessing in the end it'd be the opposite๐Ÿ˜† (Desi serial logic - they show something as utterly impossible and then make it possible) The ghanti thing is Bholenath's ishara to us fans ๐Ÿ˜† I'd like to think of it that way!!

Okay so today the whole episode was full of Myrah-Paro parallels, for me. Almost all the scenes reminded me of Paro.

The Ranawats continue to use Myrah as their income source ๐Ÿ˜† Shatabdi wins one over Mohini again! Now they are gonna fight over this catering contract, I think ๐Ÿ˜› which reminds me, Kakusa and Mohini seem to have finally gone for their honeymoon this time.

So Rudra says sorry to Myrah. It was a nice scene. But, as I said, I was in PaRud land today - how he used to say "Maaf kar de". It was so sweet, those three little words had a peculiar warmth in them, which made me go aww all the time!
Then came the shawl scene, a touching scene. First the way Rudra ran back to Myrah reminded me of that rainy night when he had first ignored her and  then had ended up running back to her. Then that flashback, with Paro in her wedding dress brought back memories of the initial days, the starting of this beautiful story.
After this, the room scene - it reminded me of how Paro had sneaked up to put haldi on Ruda's wounds that one time. And how Rudra had woken up and tackled her ๐Ÿ˜†

Seeing Maithili reminisce about Paro was the moment which brought tears to my eyes today. But seeing her talk about how different Myrah and Paro were also brought a ray of hope, which I have explained at the beginning of my take.

Coming to Dhruv and Koel, I don't think Dhruv has given up. It was cute how they tried to establish some connection between Myrah and Paro by making the Daal-Baati very spicy. And Myrah's reaction - oh Sanaya is excellant in these!!๐Ÿ‘

It was nice to see Rudra laugh in the last scene. Really sweet, actually. Although I prefer the angry, jallad Rudra, some small moments like these aren't bad. But I was also reminded of the time he had laughed that way with Paro - the time when they were folding dupattas together.

Precap:  Repetition of the suhagraat fall scene with Myrah. I don't know how much more torture we'll have to endure. CVs I beg you, either tell us Myrah is Paro and continue with these parallel love scenes or please please please stop with all these. If Myrah is indeed Myrah, let her make her own love story her own way, and not be a shadow of Paro so acutely.

P.S: This post is not to make anyone sad! I just want CVs to know that we remember our Paro and every single scene of hers is engraved in our minds and they need to take some other way if they want us to accept Myrah and Rudra. They need to be CREATIVE.
Edited by _SilverLining_ - 9 years ago