Rangrasiya

Random Musings- Ek Villain and RR

MP07 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
So I finally got the chance to watch Ek Villain the other day, and I know the movie got a lot of mixed reviews, but I enjoyed it. Maybe it's my affinity towards dark angsty characters and a little bit of tragedy that drew me in. But anyways that's besides the point, so as I was watching I couldn't help but draw parallels between Rangrasiya and Ek Villain, I mean obviously some aspects were different but there were quite a few moments between Aisha and Guru that reminded me of Paro and Rudra.

- A damaged, tormented guy with a troubled past and a young girl full of life yet shrouded in pain, with no guarantee of a tomorrow
- The slow draw towards her (obviously it's a movie so it moves a bit faster, plus these were flashbacks)
- THE TRAIN SCENE
-A start of a happy life and a quick and brutal end to it aswell- Aisha's death paralled with Paro's death
-A promise kept- the two men living by the words of their love
- A child- a beacon of hope, a will to live and something to hold onto

Also all the songs in the movie, they're also such a perfect fit for Paro and Rudra (the music is brilliant and soulful)
Galliyan
Banjaara
Awari
Humdard
Zaroorat

Yea so idk what the point of this post was but I just though I'd share this observation lol. I wasn't necessarily going out of my way to find parallels either, they just seemed to have stood out on there own, and I couldn't help but compare. 
Edited by MP07 - 9 years ago