Mythological Masti

Our history is NOT a myth

napster thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I had created a similar post long back. How we use 'mythology' for Hindu history and there were a lot of people saying, mythology = fact and there's nothing wrong in it.

The debate going on in India how Pushpak Viman, Kauravs, Pandavs are not a fact just a myth. To quote, the lord of the rings:
history became legend legend became myth.

So the name of this forum itself shows, we ourselves are saying, all of these are just a myth not history.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BARBlE thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
good topic 👍🏼

i strongly believe our epics r not myths, its our history 😊  dont think before british era , indians called it mythology either...

west believes the earth itself is 5000 years old 😛 so based on this belief, they have labeled stories older than that as 'mythologies'

napster thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: _barbie

good topic 👍🏼

i strongly believe our epics r not myths, its our history 😊  dont think before british era , indians called it mythology either...

west believes the earth itself is 5000 years old 😛 so based on this belief, they have labeled stories older than that as 'mythologies'

thank q. atlast someone here who understands. rest seem to be blind followers calling our history and religion a myth and very smartly defending it.
no other religion is called a mythology. dare to do that and we'll see some 'wonderful' answers. 😆 

it is a shame to see the name of this forum. simply name as 'story discussions', it is one and same thing 🥱
BARBlE thumbnail
ya these are the same people who seek approval from west for every damn thing

m not a west phobic, lol 😆 , but reading few of their comments on youtube abt our Epics make me SICK 🤢 saddest thing is that many Indians are their apologists
napster thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: _barbie

ya these are the same people who seek approval from west for every damn thing

m not a west phobic, lol 😆 , but reading few of their comments on youtube abt our Epics make me SICK 🤢 saddest thing is that many Indians are their apologists

pointing out the fact and yes, apologists will claim one is narrow minded or west phobic.
like you said, it is nodding one's head to what the west said. this will be the same people who will call Ganga as ' Ganges ' 😡 
try changing any of their holy names accordingly  

pity that the mods of this forum themselves think Hinduism is a mythological story, so nothing can be done.
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
In This Matter, I Think All The Magics And All Are Just Exaggerations Of The Truth, And If You Can Go Beneath That, Then Definitely There's Some Truth In It ! But Yes, Obviously Not Everything Mentioned In The Scriptures Is True And Neither Everything Is Mere Myth.
And Yes, The Name Of This Forum Was Chosen By Public Voting, And This Name Was Chosen So As To Attract People Who'd Like To Come And Discuss The 'Myths' And Then Decide For Themselves Whether Those 'Myths' Are True Or Not.
napster thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Radhikerani

In This Matter, I Think All The Magics And All Are Just Exaggerations Of The Truth, And If You Can Go Beneath That, Then Definitely There's Some Truth In It ! But Yes, Obviously Not Everything Mentioned In The Scriptures Is True And Neither Everything Is Mere Myth.
And Yes, The Name Of This Forum Was Chosen By Public Voting, And This Name Was Chosen So As To Attract People Who'd Like To Come And Discuss The 'Myths' And Then Decide For Themselves Whether Those 'Myths' Are True Or Not.

have you tried ATTRACTING people of other religions too with magical stories of their religions or are we only talking about hindusim?
wayward thumbnail
^^Actually I'm Active In Only A Few Of The Threads Here, And What I Said, What Just What Was Decided By The Previously Active Forum Members. But On This, I'd Like To Say, That Somehow I Feel, That All 'Mythologies' Of All Religions Are Somehow Interconnected. I Cannot Give Many, Or Any Precise Example, But I Still Feel That They Are. Maybe, The Same History Was Interpreted By Different People Of Different Religions, And The Characters May Have Different Names, Different Surroundings But The Base Is The Same. So As The Great People Have Said, That There's No Difference Between Any Religion, That's True In Any Case. But I Think The Different Names And Different Customs, Have Come From The Different Interpretations Only.
BARBlE thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Radhikerani

^^Actually I'm Active In Only A Few Of The Threads Here, And What I Said, What Just What Was Decided By The Previously Active Forum Members. But On This, I'd Like To Say, That Somehow I Feel, That All 'Mythologies' Of All Religions Are Somehow Interconnected. I Cannot Give Many, Or Any Precise Example, But I Still Feel That They Are. Maybe, The Same History Was Interpreted By Different People Of Different Religions, And The Characters May Have Different Names, Different Surroundings But The Base Is The Same. So As The Great People Have Said, That There's No Difference Between Any Religion, That's True In Any Case. But I Think The Different Names And Different Customs, Have Come From The Different Interpretations Only.

i think what napster is saying that no other religion wont allow anyone to call their religious / historical stories as myth on the first place...  when there is no acceptance from own ppl, the diff interpretations dont find grounds to stand

looking at todays time, i also think that hindus has not done any good for them to allow others to question their faith... its like any random person points finger at any of our beliefs/ customs , and we start debating it instantly , instead of firmly conveying to them that humara jo bhi hai bahut achha hai... 

wayward thumbnail
That's Because, All Other Religions Have Written Records, While Ours Being A Very Old Religion Has Recieved Its First 'Written' Record After Ages Of Storytelling. So, It's Our Belief, That The Sages, The Lords Are There, But We Know For Sure, By The Records That Prophet Mohammad Was There, Guru Was There, Christ Was There. And For Hinduism, The Stories Have Changed, Maybe For A Hundred Times Before They Were Finally Written Down. So, I'm Not Saying They Are Untrue, They Are Just Distorted, And Whenever We Say That Its True, People Will Tell Us, "Oh, But Those Were Written Down After So Long ! So How Can You Tell That Those Are True ?"

Okay, I'm Just Blabbering Here, But The Main Thing Is, That I Neither Fully Agree That They Are True Nor Think That They Are False. You Never Know What Happens Tomorrow, And What Wonders These Historians And Archaeologists May Bring In Front Of The World ! We Don't Know What Actually Happened During The Harappan Age, Do We ?