FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU- FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME!

desisoapie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago

Okay, I couldn't resist and had to make this post----yes, it is another post about ranting and raving about the track change in RR. I am still in shock over the way the story has unfolded so far😭!!!

The only show that I cared to watch and fell in love with over past few months have been totally gievn a makeover that I am not sure I can really digest at this point. I can't believe how much I was in love with the characters of Paro and Rudra and their intense, passionate love story that I actually started writing OS and FF on these two😲!

Even through the mediocre episodes and unbelievable twists in the show, I, just like so many of you  stuck through just because of the promise of what may be the extraordinary love story. There were so many angles and plots with some really great supporting characters----Mohini, Maithili, Sumer, Dilsher barring a few (Mala with her expressionless face, Laila with her OTT expressions and even Shantanu with his bad comb over and crazy facial expressions) and yet, they managed to screw each and every plot😕!

Tejawat was such a strong antagonist and such an important part of the story, a manipulative criminal/terrorist----the perfect match for the Macho, patriotic, courageous hero, Rudra and that plot went caput, lord knows where, I still have no clue how such a major plot was left to just wither away.

Mala was the reason our hero was so disturbed and traumatized---a damaged soul with years of resentment and yet, his mother came back and well, I kept waiting and nothing happened! Where did all the angst, the pain, the suffering go? Yes, they made the hero cry at the drop of a hat (sometimes it was way too much IMO) but in a matter of few days, everything was hunky dory and they were one big family😕.

Shantanu was supposed to be the man who would bring intensity back to the show with his plots of revenge but the way it was done was so bad that it was almost like eating stale bread. And worse of all, he was brought in to kill Paro😡, unbelievable!

What was initially sold as the intense and passionate love story between Paro and Rudra with promises of a love so unique---that it was epic. It was not just between two mortals but resonant of love and devotion between Gods- Shiv and Parvati. How many times was that mythological parallel shoved down the viewer's throat----the symbolism in the early episodes oozing out the wazoo?

Paro was the one who stood in the rain, on one leg to win his love. She changed the "jallad" to an "insaan". He promised her "Hamesha, main aur tu" and everything was portrayed to be the story about Paro and Rudra---soulamtes who were incomplete without one another. If anyone has any doubts, listen to the title track which was played at every opportunity!

My point is that the makers of the show have essentially fudged up every possible track filled with amazing potential with their crappy writing and speedy enactment, wrapping up everything within matter of episodes----from the Tejawat to Mala to Shantanu! The initial promising premise of the show was about a patriotic Major Rudra Pratap Ranawat and his desert rose, Paro and now it is about a Bodyguard protecting a look-alike who may very well turn out to be Paro or her twin (I wouldn't trust the writers of this show with anything at this point)!

Just like some of you who have been cribbing, crying and making posts about the butchering of a wonderful show, I too feel cheated as to the purpose of selling the show as this remarkable love story between Paro and Rudra----only to have it yanked cruelly and instead replace it with a doppelganger of Paro.

The producers/writers of the show are really conniving in sense that they know and are definitely banking on the idea that the loyal viewers and fans of Sanaya and Ashish (who are amazing actors in my opinion) will cry and bemoan at the tragedy but in the end will tune in and watch the show for their favorite actors/couple.

So what if Paro is dead? As long as they can bring her back in a new look and she will fall in love with Rudra and of course, they do look so good together, people will watch. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what the viewers want or think----it was never about us anyway. Oh, let me not even start on the matter of Myrah and Rudra. It gives me heebie-jeebies thinking of the rotten idea of having a person falling for you just because you remind them of their beloved, departed spouse *shivers*😲.

I am not into the reincarnation stories either but seriously, I would have rather had them both had died and come back as new people and fall in love once again! That story I could have bought more than Rudra with a child going for US return-coffee drinking-english speaking-short dresses wearing-Paro-look-alike!

This is in no way criticism of the actors (Ashish and Sanaya) as I think they are exceptional actors😊. In fact, it is their acting and chemistry that has kept me hooked to the show or else, I would have quit long time ago and I think that is something the makers of the show know quite well and they are using it now to shove new contrived storyline, selling it as RR to us.

I have no idea if and when I can watch the new version aka "RR 2.0" as I feel there was no closure in the show. I didn't even care to watch the episodes with Paro's death. For me, the last episode was when she told Rudra that they were going to be parents. Well, sorry for the long post but I really had to get it off my chest and I do feel better now.

Once again, this was just meant to share my opinion with the fellow RRians and friends. It is not meant to offend anyone. For people who are happy with the way things have progressed or are excited to watch the new chapter of RR with Rudra and Myrah---more power to you, Kudos! For me, it will always be about a love story of "Major Saab" and his lovely "Paro".😭

Please feel free to comment and do share your opinion. Thanks!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tvbuf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I agree with you.

I am watching a new Sanish show, that is all
SingaporeFan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
I know how you feel...We have all been cheated of the promised intense and passionate love story...am just watching now because I love Ashish...Wanna give it a chance,,,let's see how it goes...
But agree, a story with so much potential has been slowly but surely destroyed...
Audrey.h. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Couldn't agree more last epi I watched was paro delivering her baby nd that was the last episode of the show for me...PERIOD...
varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
RR 1 was unique with the rajasthan flavour which we all loved...the characters were different with depth n layers...the new one looks like a generic show...nothing new abt it...no raw earthy passion or soul...i am now watching it as a new show...love ashish...so want to see how he plays a dad...along with us i think the actors were also ripped off...
salmanic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
this has to be the closure post really. It is bang on, and gives closure to us viewers, perfectly summing up what happened. After this, some can move on, and others can stop watching the show.
But this truly gives closure!

THANK YOU MAN! 
Millerrr88 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I agree with u... I'm not happy bout the storyline and still can't digest paro is dead...yyy? ðŸ˜­
Pri_S thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
You are not alone. For me also, last episode was same as yours & nothing can bring me back to this show which for me was about Rudra & Paro and its rustic charm & emotional intensity.
I know proving that new myrah is paro is a lame idea now but I promise to watch the show again and switch on my both television sets again if makers can somehow show Paro to be back. I promise howmuchsoever lame logic it would be to bring a dead character back, I will watch again. But somehow I m not strong enough & dont have the mental bandwidth to accept this RR 2.0 becoz of the way RR 1.0 was dealt with. I repeat for me it was more of Rudra & Paro story than just Ashish & Sanaya. Though I must say that both of them are great actors & great professionals. 
DirtyDancing thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Exactly my thoughts...i follow your stories and i find the plot and situations more favourably depicting the orignal concept than the show...i wish the show writers could have read the amazing stories on the forum,there were so much to explore ...but they have messed it all, infact ruined the 'soulmate' concept...
Yet i am trying to be positive here and viewing the version 2 with no connection with RR1
Magicshop thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
agree with u
.hate..paro's death..this ruined the show..
now we are seeing rr 2